2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

doubleg213

The Van Society

Killer Whale

who's up for some fortnite squad battel royal?

I am. I don't have that many people to play with, so I wouldn't mind having it a go with you guys. Just started playing this week.

Also Chubb, judging by how players are left in your game, you're pretty damn good!

I make top 5 most matches, not through shooting skill but playing the game stealthily. I love taking the stealthy approach, sneaking about and stocking up on loot. Once I come across a decent player though it’s game over :(

I do love taking the stealthy approach myself. On most of my matches I've managed to outlive most by making the top 20-30 players, which I consider a personal accomplishment. I'm no good at combat myself, but I find it to be less frustrating and more fun than other games... for now.

Van Society

pr6qKhz.png

bladePoster.jpg

WED 20:00 BST Blade Runners

Come and join us this Wednesday for Blade Runner, a night of Blade Racing. Just turn up in your modded car and join in with some fun clean racing. We will race a variety of tracks to put your Blade through its paces.

More details and sign up list in the events thread: http://gtaforums.com/topic/840961-the-van-society-weekly-events/?p=1068455524

Uncle Sikee Atric

They better be drag races. We all know cruise liners turn corners better than Blades.

caption-header.jpg

New week everyone!

JuniorChubb
Posted (edited)

Blade racing was good fun last night, cheers Myth. Well played Mr Fury too for getting up at an unholy hour to join us. :)

Here are last weeks results from the Retro Racing Night last week...

DcyRCIdXkAE0Eoj.jpg

Thanks all for coming and well done to Dave for getting his first official Top Gear win.

While I'm on here is a Fortnite vid for Paulie, the one I was telling you about with me and Bing pratting about in the house on the hill...

Edited by JuniorChubb

JuniorChubb

Clash of the Crews Round 5 live stream

VANS v FEAR

Van Society
poster03.jpg

Following up the XDBX Pfister Supercup Season 1 we are taking the same competition from GTA to GTS...

Get you chance to race for Xero Gas, 80's Gamer, Tenshun, Auto Exotic or Globe Oil over 10 Rounds of clean competitive racing starting tonight at 19:00 UTC.

If you are interested reply in this thread or drop JuniorChubb or Squirrel__Army a Friend request on PS4 and we will add you to the chat on PSN.

Uncle Sikee Atric

caption-header.jpg

The new week is here.

SkyeDave

Blade racing was good fun last night, cheers Myth. Well played Mr Fury too for getting up at an unholy hour to join us. :)

Here are last weeks results from the Retro Racing Night last week...

DcyRCIdXkAE0Eoj.jpg

Thanks all for coming and well done to Dave for getting his first official Top Gear win.

While I'm on here is a Fortnite vid for Paulie, the one I was telling you about with me and Bing pratting about in the house on the hill...

Wait, thanks for the recognition and all but did you sully my first playlist victory with a link to another to another game in the same post? Talk about dampening the effect. I would have preferred several blank lines underneath to let it my victory sink in, really give people a chance to mull it over you know? So here they are.

Thanks for organising the night Chubb, great fun as ever. Looking forward to tonights random playlist!

JuniorChubb

Clash of the Crews Round 6 Stream VANS v 187X

Van Society

pr6qKhz.png

vintagePoster.jpg

VS Vintage Rally

WED 20:00 BST

Come and join us this Wednesday for the Van Society Vintage Rally. The Vintage Rally will cover most of San Andreas over 6 Stages and also include 4 traditional races and a finale. The more modern and powerful Sports Classics will be outlawed leaving a selection of comparible cars for us to race in.

More details and sign up list in the Events Thread: http://gtaforums.com/topic/840961-the-van-society-weekly-events/?p=1068455524

Uncle Sikee Atric

caption-header.jpg

New week time.

JuniorChubb

Good to be back :)

Thanks for those in charge for the upgrades, love the tag line too.

A few results to catch up on...

Blade Runners

DcyRCePXUAUlV86.jpg

sh*t Sports Car Night

DcNKLIUW0AImLk6.jpg

Results for the Vintage Rally and tonights Cheburek Challenge coming asap...

Van Society
Posted (edited)

The VS Vintage Rally was a great nights racing. Due to R* Playlist still refusing to save in order and the Servers being down for a few days we ran a slightly different format than was planned.  We ran a playlist of 11 races and swapped cars for every race so we each raced every car available on the night.

We all met up in a variety of Sports Classics and met up at the Richman Mansion, a quick car meet gave us Aslad's GT500 and Trashbags vintage Del Boy as best cars and outfits respectively.

The following cars were represented on the night:

Stinger, Mamba, GT500, Coquette Classic, Monroe, Casco and the 190Z.

Once the racing started ACDC raced away to a huge lead at the start but as other drivers got their hands on the quicker cars the gap started to close. Paulie also realized he was only going to drive his beloved 190Z once after declaring his excitement to race it during the build up. The car swapping lead to a mixture of winners and varied racing, Verstappen started to  pick up some wins then ACDC got stuck in the Mamba for an off-road race and ended up with a DNF and let us know exactly what he thought of Trashbags Mamba.

DefB7kRXcAAKgcg.jpg

This left Stappen and AC a point apart going into the last race. After deciding to race the last race on contact Stappen grabbed the win and the playlist win whilst AC got stuck in the slower traffic of DTM Singen.

DeevXscX4AEecy2.jpg

Well done to Stappen for grabbing the win. Thanks to all those who came along, great effort on with the cars and the outfits.

A great turn out this week too, thanks to AC for coming along, JC for coming out of retirement, Salad for skipping revision and Fury for getting up at the crack of dawn.

Edited by Van Society
NO reason because I can't bloody edit the post!!!

catmandoza

A week?? For this?? I've seen better looking things down West Bromwich high street!

Least they dropped the GDPR excuse

Paulie050

Great write up Chubb the Vintage Rally night was fun, same as yesterday with the Lada's lol!

The streched out pictures is something that comes with the forum 'upgrade' or do need to change something in my phone settings? It looks horrible!

catmandoza
45 minutes ago, Paulie050 said:

Great write up Chubb the Vintage Rally night was fun, same as yesterday with the Lada's lol!

The streched out pictures is something that comes with the forum 'upgrade' or do need to change something in my phone settings? It looks horrible!

Was doing this on my phone too, teething problems I'm guessing, to go along with the ridiculous slowness of it all!!

JuniorChubb

Ain’t my got a clue why the pictures have stretched, looks like they are ok on my account but dodgy on the VANS account... I will investigate.

catmandoza

Van Society

Thanks to all those who came along to out Cheburek Challenge to put this new car through its paces. Great to see Lethal and CrazyKay from FEAR crew jumping in for some Chebe chasing too, cheers guys.

With 12 players at the start it was a bit hectic in the first race but we all settled by race two and got the grid system working well. The car certainly has some suspect snappy handling (as Myth pointed out once or twice) but this just added to the fun.

Well done to Stappen for getting another Wednesday night win.

Cheburek Challenge Results

Thanks to Catman to for putting together a great little vid of the nights action.

JuniorChubb

Nicely done Mr Cat 👍

Trashbags1980

Nice video cat loved the music 

Had a great night in the cheburek thought it was a great car thx  all

Van Society

Round 7 of Clash of the Crews was a great match against the current second placed team HATE. We knew the combat wouldn't go well so the races and Turf Wars were our best shot at some points. Our team for the night was Catman, Trashbags, SkyeDave and Chubb.

After getting whooped in Collection Time III we were confident in going into Tansform - Mckenzie but it did not go well with Catman missing a Checkpoint and Trash and Chubb getting slowed down by those inexplicable sideways plane checkpoints leaving Dave to lead the charge and pick up second place. HATE topped us on points and with a win from the first combat job they went 2-0 ahead.

The second race was CornEvo Raceway by LancerEvoWRC and was a more traditional race. We picked up the points with Chubb winning, HATE player TallBoy-100 in 2nd and Trashy, Catman and Dave getting 3rd, 4th and 5th to secure the job win for VANS.

More combat followed as we lost each round of Inch By Inch, then Turf Wars II which in which we grabbed the win thanks to some vocal leadership from Catman, great teamwork and the now famous Trashbags technique. We finished with Moto Wars IV and despite winning the first round thanks to some sharp shooting from Dave we slumped to another combat defeat.

The final score was VANS 2 - 4 HATE, it was a really enjoyable round and a big thanks to I_PrayToGod_I for organising and representing HATE.

CotC S3R7 Results

Uncle Sikee Atric

Some thought the forum update would kill the caption comp....  I'm sad to say it survived!

caption-header.jpg

Get your submissions in!

Van Society

sabreDominatorPoster.jpg

This weeks Top Gear Challenge will see the Sabre Turbo Custom face off against the Pisswasser Dominator. After a quick meet in free roam we will put the two cars to the test in a playlist of mixed races.

More details and sign up list in the Events thread: https://gtaforums.com/topic/840961-the-van-society-weekly-events/?do=findComment&comment=1068455524

catmandoza
Posted (edited)

Well being as PSN was playing silly buggers this evening, I mad this out of old clips!!!

Edited by catmandoza

Hdxt_Hardluck

been a while inactive i guess back for a week or so cuz i have my last exam in collage ! wish luck fellows!

JuniorChubb

Good luck HL 👍

Uncle Sikee Atric

caption-header.jpg

New week is up everybody!

Van Society

Thanks all for turning out for the Sabre Turbo Custom v Pisswasser Dominator Top Gear challenge. We had a great nights racing, if a little hectic at times.

The group was split into two teams with each representing the one of the two cars battling it out on the night. We started  the night with 11 players so the top 5 results for each car would determine the winning team.

After a quick(ish) meet up in free roam we launched a Playlist with a mixture of races, rotating the grid as we went. We had a few new players with us tonight, thanks to Psy_Mike, tigropeeks75 & HOORN_LOCO for coming along.

The Dominator sailed to an easy victory on the night taking the top 3 spots on the playlist. Stappen was the Pisswasser Dominator champ and the overall winner whilst Trashbags picked up the honour of being the top Sabre Turbo Custom driver.

Pisswasser Dominator: 408pts
Sabre Turbo Custom: 235pts

Dominator top driver: MarkVerstappen
Sabre Turbo top driver: Trashbags1980

Sabre v Dominator Results

Van Society

Jaguar-F-Type.jpg

On 20th of June our Top Gear Midweek Challenge will be a Reasonably Fast Car night using the Jaguar F-type R Coupe ’14 on Gran Turismo Sport. As ever on GTS feel free to create a livery for the night, there might be a small reward for the best livery.

The lobby will open at 20:00 UK time and the racing will begin soon after. Balance of Power will be on and we will use our tyre handicapping system for the winners of the races throughout the night to keep things balanced.

The car is in the N600 class and can be purchased in the Jaguar section of Brand Central for 128,600 credits.

More details and sign up list in the events thread: https://gtaforums.com/topic/840961-the-van-society-weekly-events/?do=findComment&comment=1068455524