Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,246 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Adeel007

The "buy all ammo" button is a scam

Adeel007

It appears on a mission screen before you start - it is telling me to buy all ammo for $20k but I checked my ammo for all my guns before to test it - I had almost full ammo in all my guns including rockets and grenades and the most it would cost would maybe be 3 or $4k - but why the hell is the buy all ammo button quoting me $26k there is no way it costs that much to max out my ammo - Have R* done this on purpose or is it a mistake - try it.

ashbashbluesfan

It's always worked fine for me.

Kalemc

Pointless sh*t is pointless

King Sombra

Why would anyone even bother to use that option?

Edited by King Sombra

sultangris

it usually works correctly but occasionally it is way off and im not sure what exactly causes it, but i use it all the time and only get screwed maybe 10 percent of the time, haha! Its much faster and easier than individually buying ammo for each gun and i go through lots of ammo regularly.

Ooops I Pooped

I hate that option so much. Sometimes ill accidentally just hit it or something thinking im hitting continue and boop, there goes 100K lol

sultangris

nah, if its over like 10K or something it makes you confirm you wanna spend that much and gives you an option to back out.

Adeel007

nah, if its over like 10K or something it makes you confirm you wanna spend that much and gives you an option to back out.

They only added that about 2 patches ago - before I would be wasting so much money on it

Pantherbullshark

I hate that option so much. Sometimes ill accidentally just hit it or something thinking im hitting continue and boop, there goes 100K lol

You press A/X twice accidentally?

MadHaTT3R

I use it for the convenience. I dont want to have to go to Ammunation and go gun to gun purchasing ammo, when I can simply one click it and be done. Never noticed it being off, at least by what I would get nuts and make a post about. Im willing to lose a couple g's, to make my game day easier.

l_B33LZ_l

I wait until all my guns get down to 1k to buy ammo, it last about 2 weeks. Never buy mini gun ammo just die in survival with your mini gun equipped for 1 wave next wave you will have full ammo.

Kitsune Girls <3

Only reason it's ever been anywhere near $20K for me was because I had 1 or 2 sticky bombs left

Those things are expensive :/

Juri Han

Only reason it's ever been anywhere near $20K for me was because I had 1 or 2 sticky bombs left

Those things are expensive :/

you're right about that.

s13racer316

It's always worked fine for me.

This is the same for me. Never had a problem but it's never more than a couple g's for me. I'm always re-ing up on ammo, snacks, and now armor.

HarveyBest

Never been a problem for me. It also saves you the trouble, and risk, of going to Ammunation. Just a thought, there ought to be an option in Ammunation to buy all ammo.

Ooops I Pooped

You press A/X twice accidentally?

yea i usually just mash it to get it to the next screen then to actually start it, but on 2 occasions ive been on that and 9999 of each bullet costs a LOT

TexasKilldozer

I can do Potshot by myself, and when I start up another one, the "Buy All Ammo" option is only $57.

For me, the Buy All Ammo option is a convenience. I'd rather have something and not need it that need something and not have it. Should The Zombie Apocolypse come to Los Santos, I am prepared.

Incidentally, when I was doing Survivals to raise my secondary character's shooting skill, it eventually got to a point where I was losing money from the Survival match, because it would cost more than 20K to replenish my ammo. Not that I was wasting ammo, but when your ammo capacity goes from 1000 rounds to 3000 rounds, there's a drastic increase in cost.

tjor24

It could be glitched but people need to realize ammo can be expensive. All my guns were maxed out but my sniper was near empty and the cost for full ammo was 70k. I was like naahhhh that can't be right...went to Ammunation and sure enough, that's what it was to fill up just my sniper(s).

dewtech

Keep mine full these days, usually costs me less than a grand unless I've got RPG/C4 happy in free roam

Hodgey.

I just tend to buy ammo from Ammu-nation or for each individual gun. I never use buy all ammo because as for certain guns I never use them, so no point buying ammo for something I am never going to use.

DJ Kornphlake

I just tend to buy ammo from Ammu-nation or for each individual gun. I never use buy all ammo because as for certain guns I never use them, so no point buying ammo for something I am never going to use.

Unless you're still carrying those guns you don't use, you wouldn't be refilling their ammo anyway.

Hodgey.

Unless you're still carrying those guns you don't use, you wouldn't be refilling their ammo anyway.

I do carry those guns though, thats why I dont use the 'buy all ammo' option.

DJ Kornphlake

Why carry them then?

oleg_aka_djmeg

i got 9999 of all ammo at some point so this button works fine for me. not more than 10k most of the time. though i don't understand, why would you need 9999 of heavy sniper ammo.

luisniko

Why carry them then?

Why should we drop them anyway???

DJ Kornphlake

To unclutter the weapon wheel.

GG14876

There is a bit of a scam going on with MG/CMG ammo. On occasion, there is a slight difference if you buy the cheapest "full MG" ammo option than if you get the "all ammo" due to MG reload being 108 rds and CMG being 200 rds.

Oh, and for sniper ammo, just call ammo drops; it is the only time they are efficient at replenishing ammo. I think you pay ~2/3 the cost of Ammunation but it takes longer.

sultangris

no it definitely bugged occasionally and im not sure what causes it but i play lots of missions and most often its normal but every now and then it jumps up to 15-20K when i havent fired a shot from the last time i bought all ammo. might be from trying to join friends sessions and failing to get into them and getting kicked back out to a different one. it says it saves when you switch sessions but maybe it doesnt always work or something. all i know is that every once in a while i get charged an extra 20K or so for ammo that i didnt use but since i have millions and can make 20K in about 5 minutes i really dont care that much.

Commander S

Keep mine full these days, usually costs me less than a grand unless I've got RPG/C4 happy in free roam

Pretty much this. Did it with my newer character quite early on, and it's just been a case of topping up $500 here, $100 there - with my main character, there was one big dent in my finances doing it the first time (particularly because I'd gotten used to only carrying a handful of explosives at any one time), but now, same deal.

Very much worth doing - particularly with bombs. That way, there's never a risk of having too little ammo at any given time - and there's no such thing as too much! ;)

sultangris

Pretty much this. Did it with my newer character quite early on, and it's just been a case of topping up $500 here, $100 there - with my main character, there was one big dent in my finances doing it the first time (particularly because I'd gotten used to only carrying a handful of explosives at any one time), but now, same deal.

Very much worth doing - particularly with bombs. That way, there's never a risk of having too little ammo at any given time - and there's no such thing as too much! ;)

exactly, i always keep mine full too, thats how i know its bugged when it charges me 20K when i didnt use any ammo! 20-60K are not uncommon after extended free mode stays but i know how long it takes to use that much ammo and when i didnt use anywhere near that much and no expensive stuff at all it still occasionally says that much.