Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,501 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

MaxPayne47

Combat Rolling - stupid, retarded.

nitefallz

I love when they roll against a tank. WTF?

Zwenkwiel

FREE AIM MASTER RACE!

(sorry, just hadn't said that on here in a while)

Vec-Tron

That's why you use cover, and pop out at the end of their roll.

H8GodMode

I read this whole thread thinking i would come across some kind of tips... just a butthurt auto aim vs free aim argument as it always turns out to be...

if anyone would like to help me...

i use the combat roll frequently...and its always been effective, but i been noticing alot lately when im in close range shootout the roll backfires on me and my opponent gets a head shot on me while in the middle of the roll. it feels as though i am not breaking the auto-lock. and they are def not free aiming

can anyone explain to me what im doing wrong here and how i can avoid this?

Thanks

Edited by H8GodMode

Pagan Lowrider

I read this whole thread thinking i would come across some kind of tips... just a butthurt auto aim vs free aim argument as it always turns out to be...

i use the combat roll frequently...and its always been effective, but i been noticing alot lately when im in close range shootout the roll backfires on me and my opponent gets a head shot on me while in the middle of the roll. it feels as though i am not breaking the auto-lock. and they are def not free aiming

Thanks

You can free aim in an auto aim lobby.A skilled player can free aim you while you roll.

Another possibility is lag,whether it be from your TV set(some flat screens are incredibly laggy)or from your internet connection.So what youre seeing might be a half second or more slower than what your opponent is seeing.

The hardcore players are the ones still playing,and they know that a headshot is a instakill.I rarely play any DMs anymore where a player above lvl 50 isnt free aiming at the skull

Edited by Pagan Lowrider

Soran Is On

Thanks

if your dieing from the ap pistol I would say the spread is making your opponent get lucky.

Get-Lucky-daft-punk-34261133-500-290.gif

sultangris

instinctive habit, lol

H8GodMode

You can free aim in an auto aim lobby.A skilled player can free aim you while you roll.

Another possibility is lag,whether it be from your TV set(some flat screens are incredibly laggy)or from your internet connection.So what youre seeing might be a half second or more slower than what your opponent is seeing.

The hardcore players are the ones still playing,and they know that a headshot is a instakill.I rarely play any DMs anymore where a player above lvl 50 isnt free aiming at the skull

i have around 8000 kills so id say im pretty far from being a noob.. i don't think they're free aiming... i think im doing something wrong with the roll and its not breaking their auto-lock. its ALWAYS a head shot during the roll never a body shot...

this is a problem i didn't notice happening until more recently. i don't think its lag though i have experienced the lag your talking about.

to simply put it, they get a headshot, while auto-locked, while im rolling.

if your dieing from the ap pistol I would say the spread is making your opponent get lucky.

i cant recall what weapons they use when this happens to me. spread could be what it is though. im picturing pistols, shotguns ect.

im not sure if im timing the roll wrong or if just what u said, the spread is getting me and i just cant avoid it. its always in closer range battles.

Edited by H8GodMode

Pagan Lowrider

well man,I have over 21000 player kills and sometimes the roll works and other times i get splattered in the middle of a roll...im chalking it up to what i suggested.I play a lot with friends in N.America,while I am based in SE Asia,so I have experienced laggy game play,and then other times my connection seems fine and i still get wasted in the middle of the roll.I chalk that up to a skilled player...other than that I dont know what to suggest.

redpoint

I'm sure there's 8 pages of debates and tit-for-tat posting, but I'm gonna ruin it slightly by replying to the OP...

I still don't even know how to combat roll, goes to show often I play deathmatches to be honest...

Ah, bet that was worth it!

sultangris

i have around 8000 kills so id say im pretty far from being a noob.. i don't think they're free aiming... i think im doing something wrong with the roll and its not breaking their auto-lock. its ALWAYS a head shot during the roll never a body shot...

this is a problem i didn't notice happening until more recently. i don't think its lag though i have experienced the lag your talking about.

to simply put it, they get a headshot, while auto-locked, while im rolling.

the lag was brutal all weekend, worst ive ever seen. due to everyone playing on the holiday weekend, hoping its better today but havent tried it yet. hope its not sh*tty like that all summer when the kids get out of school, its pretty much unplayable for pvp because the lag makes it much easier to get killed and harder to kill.

H8GodMode

well man,I have over 21000 player kills and sometimes the roll works and other times i get splattered in the middle of a roll...im chalking it up to what i suggested.I play a lot with friends in N.America,while I am based in SE Asia,so I have experienced laggy game play,and then other times my connection seems fine and i still get wasted in the middle of the roll.I chalk that up to a skilled player...other than that I dont know what to suggest.

I'll take your word for it. probably is just unavoidable i guess...i thought maybe i was doing something wrong...

TheMckeever

Hating the combat rolls daft, why hate a great addition to the combat.

If your gonna waste energy hate something make sure its a proper sh*t, annoying thing like Lil Wayne.

iDyn3x

There's no helpin you, if you just can't possibly hit a muthaf*cka rolling on the ground.

People roll dodge in free aim too...

Guy says the game ain't easy enough, whe it aims for you...my god.

Edited by iDyn3x

Sned

I wish I knew how to link videos :/

sultangris

I wish I knew how to link videos :/

click share below it and post that link instead, but it doesnt matter, most people wont watch them anyway and those that will already do by clicking this link ;)

Sned

Ahhh thanks!

Edited by Sned

Captain Hammer

It may be a great addition to the video game, but it has nothing to do with combat...

Can you picture a platoon of recruits rolling around like chimps and popping up trying to hit something?

maybe these guys

n02_RTR3EUA6.jpg

Megakillertron

It may be a great addition to the video game, but it has nothing to do with combat...

Can you picture a platoon of recruits rolling around like chimps and popping up trying to hit something?

maybe these guys

n02_RTR3EUA6.jpg

It has everything to do with Combat.

Whether it's realistic or not is irrelevant. This isn't ARMA.

Edited by Megakillertron

Zwenkwiel

maybe these guys

n02_RTR3EUA6.jpg

it's not about realism

it's about making sense

and combat rolls do not

Megakillertron

maybe these guys

n02_RTR3EUA6.jpg

it's not about realism

it's about making sense

and combat rolls do not

Explain to me how it doesn't make sense.

----------------------

If you're close enough to the muzzle of the turret, combat rolling can work against a tank. Not all the time, but it can.

RoyalRedXIII

I'll take your word for it. probably is just unavoidable i guess...i thought maybe i was doing something wrong...LOL your not doing something wrong, it's the other guy doing something right! Go to this link and read the post by RoyalRed.

One of the things listed mentions that exact scenario you talked about experiencing, and this is what I believe is happening to you.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/714840-how-to-deal-with-combat-roll-abusers/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1065580831

Edited by RoyalRedXIII

RoyalRedXIII

maybe these guys

n02_RTR3EUA6.jpg

That camo..... It's working very well.

ZeroF0rce

I'm sure there's 8 pages of debates and tit-for-tat posting, but I'm gonna ruin it slightly by replying to the OP...

I still don't even know how to combat roll, goes to show often I play deathmatches to be honest...

Ah, bet that was worth it!

Neither do I, I think I have five DM's total.

But those 'troops' are funny!

Zwenkwiel

maybe these guys

n02_RTR3EUA6.jpg

it's not about realism

it's about making sense

and combat rolls do not

ok, i'm locked on to you

you can run every way you want as fast as you want, you can jump, fall and even get in a car and drive off

NONE of this affects the auto-lock in any way, it just follows you perfectly

unless you do a combat roll

how could this possibly make sense?

RoyalRedXIII

maybe these guys

n02_RTR3EUA6.jpg

it's not about realism

it's about making sense

and combat rolls do not

ok, i'm locked on to you

you can run every way you want as fast as you want, you can jump, fall and even get in a car and drive off

Lol it's a game, and that's how it works. You play it or you don't.

SuperJude™

Combat Rolling - Effective and an absolutely incredible way to figure out who likes to whine about dumb sh*t!

Megakillertron

ok, i'm locked on to you

It makes sense within the context of the game.

A game where lock-on exists.

Otherwise the person who takes cover first or is willing to lame it out the longest is almost always going to win.

ConGamePro

maybe these guys

n02_RTR3EUA6.jpg

That camo..... It's working very well.

Maybe they are fighting an army of color blind dudes.