3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

xInitial D

Zirconium Stratum Appreciation Thread

Ruskiturbo

Topic - In-Depth Guide: Zirconium Stratum Variants

From my hours of research and extensive experience chasing Stratums, I have learned that, even without hacks/trainers, they can come in many variants. The variants/mods discussed below cannot be made by LS Customs and must be found or purchased. All the following information pertains to GTA Online.

Terminology

• Mod/modification: Features added to the stock Stratum including but not limited to roof racks and front bumper lip spoilers. In this context, modifications are unrelated to LS Customs upgrades. Any Stratums you see with more than one modification have been hacked in or created using a trainer.
  • Painted sunroof: The sunroof is intact and shares the same paint color as the Stratum.
  • Glass sunroof: The sunroof is made of glass and is transparent.
  • No sunroof: The sunroof has been removed altogether leaving an opening on the roof of the car.
  • Twin Turbo: This Stratum mod appears as a spoiler above the rear window and includes Twin Turbo badging on the back end of the Stratum. Spoiler and badging always go together. No changes to car's engine.
  • Front lip: This Stratum mod appears as a lip spoiler on the car's front bumper.
  • Roof rack: This Stratum mod appears as a black rack on the car's roof.
  • Super Autos: Short for Southern San Andreas Super Autos.

Variants

Important note: I have designated these variant numbers and they are in no way related to official game/trainer code.

• Variant 1: Painted sunroof, no mods

Notes: Spawns in traffic and as a parked car. Available through Super Autos. There is ~80% chance to receive this variant after ordering a Stratum. All Stratums ordered through Super Autos will have a painted sunroof and may also include one mod.

• Variant 2: Painted sunroof, Twin Turbo

Notes: Like all other modded Stratums with painted sunroofs, this variant does not spawn in traffic or as a parked car. This variant is only available through Super Autos with ~10-20% chance of receiving it after ordering.

• Variant 3: Painted sunroof, front lip

Notes: Like all other modded Stratums with painted sunroofs, this variant does not spawn in traffic or as a parked car. This variant is only available through Super Autos with ~10-20% chance of receiving it after ordering.

• Variant 4: PLAUSIBLE (UNCONFIRMED) Painted sunroof, roof rack

Notes: This variant is unconfirmed. It cannot be found in traffic or as a parked car - none of the painted sunroof Stratums with mods can. It is not known if this variant can be ordered through Super Autos. In my sample size of ~30 purchased Stratums, none came with a roof rack.

• Variant 5: Open sunroof, no mods

Notes: This variant only spawns in traffic or as a parked car. ~70-80% of all naturally spawned Stratums will have an open sunroof. All open sunroof variants seem to be equally rare.

• Variant 6: Open sunroof, Twin Turbo

Notes: This variant only spawns in traffic or as a parked car. ~70-80% of all naturally spawned Stratums will have an open sunroof. All open sunroof variants seem to be equally rare.

• Variant 7: Open sunroof, front lip

• Variant 8: Open sunroof, roof rack

• Variant 9: Glass sunroof, no mods

Notes: This variant only spawns in traffic or as a parked car. ~20-30% of all naturally spawned Stratums will have a glass sunroof. From my experience, it seems that all glass sunroof Stratums will be stock and without any mods, but this is unconfirmed.

• Variant 10: PLAUSIBLE (UNCONFIRMED) Glass sunroof, Twin Turbo

Notes: From my experience, it seems that all glass sunroof Stratums will be stock and without any mods, but this is unconfirmed.

• Variant 11: PLAUSIBLE (UNCONFIRMED) Glass sunroof, front lip

Notes: From my experience, it seems that all glass sunroof Stratums will be stock and without any mods, but this is unconfirmed.

• Variant 12: PLAUSIBLE (UNCONFIRMED) Glass sunroof, roof rack

Screenshots

Below: Stratum with open sunroof and roof rack (Variant 8)

NI12YrX.jpg

Below: Stratum with painted sunroof and front lip (Variant 3)

lBOiWiC.jpg

Below: Stratum with painted sunroof and Twin Turbo (Variant 2)

R7DnwYg.png

Below: Stratum with open sunroof and Twin Turbo (Variant 6)

NZovO21.jpg

Now that's real dedication. + Respect

∴

Just as a reminder, can we please make sure any image heavy posts are kept condensed and tidy by using the spoiler tags. This way we don't all contract carpal tunnel trying to get the bottom. Also, try and avoid quoting an entire post just to add a comment. I'm not saying you shouldn't quote altogether, but perhaps remove some of the bulkier material.

papa boyy

37680354351_445d27c84c_h.jpg

LamboFreak
Posted (edited)

BUMP

271590_20180106223058_1_edit2.png

Edited by LamboFreak

Fox2Quick

Topic - In-Depth Guide: Zirconium Stratum Variants

From my hours of research and extensive experience chasing Stratums, I have learned that, even without hacks/trainers, they can come in many variants. The variants/mods discussed below cannot be made by LS Customs and must be found or purchased. All the following information pertains to GTA Online.

Terminology

• Mod/modification: Features added to the stock Stratum including but not limited to roof racks and front bumper lip spoilers. In this context, modifications are unrelated to LS Customs upgrades. Any Stratums you see with more than one modification have been hacked in or created using a trainer.
  • Painted sunroof: The sunroof is intact and shares the same paint color as the Stratum.
  • Glass sunroof: The sunroof is made of glass and is transparent.
  • No sunroof: The sunroof has been removed altogether leaving an opening on the roof of the car.
  • Twin Turbo: This Stratum mod appears as a spoiler above the rear window and includes Twin Turbo badging on the back end of the Stratum. Spoiler and badging always go together. No changes to car's engine.
  • Front lip: This Stratum mod appears as a lip spoiler on the car's front bumper.
  • Roof rack: This Stratum mod appears as a black rack on the car's roof.
  • Super Autos: Short for Southern San Andreas Super Autos.

Variants

Important note: I have designated these variant numbers and they are in no way related to official game/trainer code.

• Variant 1: Painted sunroof, no mods

Notes: Spawns in traffic and as a parked car. Available through Super Autos. There is ~80% chance to receive this variant after ordering a Stratum. All Stratums ordered through Super Autos will have a painted sunroof and may also include one mod.

• Variant 2: Painted sunroof, Twin Turbo

• Variant 3: Painted sunroof, front lip

• Variant 4: PLAUSIBLE (UNCONFIRMED) Painted sunroof, roof rack

Notes: This variant is unconfirmed. It cannot be found in traffic or as a parked car - none of the painted sunroof Stratums with mods can. It is not known if this variant can be ordered through Super Autos. In my sample size of ~30 purchased Stratums, none came with a roof rack.

• Variant 5: Open sunroof, no mods

• Variant 6: Open sunroof, Twin Turbo

• Variant 7: Open sunroof, front lip

• Variant 8: Open sunroof, roof rack

• Variant 9: Glass sunroof, no mods

Notes: This variant only spawns in traffic or as a parked car. ~20-30% of all naturally spawned Stratums will have a glass sunroof. From my experience, it seems that all glass sunroof Stratums will be stock and without any mods, but this is unconfirmed.

• Variant 10: PLAUSIBLE (UNCONFIRMED) Glass sunroof, Twin Turbo

• Variant 11: PLAUSIBLE (UNCONFIRMED) Glass sunroof, front lip

• Variant 12: PLAUSIBLE (UNCONFIRMED) Glass sunroof, roof rack

Screenshots

Below: Stratum with open sunroof and roof rack (Variant 8)

NI12YrX.jpg

Below: Stratum with painted sunroof and front lip (Variant 3)

lBOiWiC.jpg

Below: Stratum with painted sunroof and Twin Turbo (Variant 2)

R7DnwYg.png

Below: Stratum with open sunroof and Twin Turbo (Variant 6)

NZovO21.jpg

Now that's real dedication. + Respect

Related info: http://gtaforums.com/topic/677728-vehicle-body-styling-database-save-editor/

I noticed this car surge a bit in popularity lately. Lots of people looking for unobtainable variants with the recent glitch.

mayo gaming

First thing I'm gonna do after I can afford Xbox Live Gold is order a batch of Stratums.

I've overlooked this car for so long and now I regret it. It's awesome and the fact that it has so many variants is a plus.

Just a side note: on the last gen consoles it is possible to obtain a rare 'complete' variant. It has every mod equipped.

Fox2Quick

First thing I'm gonna do after I can afford Xbox Live Gold is order a batch of Stratums.

I've overlooked this car for so long and now I regret it. It's awesome and the fact that it has so many variants is a plus.

Just a side note: on the last gen consoles it is possible to obtain a rare 'complete' variant. It has every mod equipped.

There are 2 fully loaded variants. 254 and 255 body styles both have all the options but one has a painted sunroof and the other is clear. The clear one will sometimes be open on its own. I thought it was weather based but its seemingly random. Edited by Fox2Quick

whywontyoulisten

Aw, I thought Coleco was back.

NefertitiThelma89

YESSSSS!!!

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Absolutely no wheelspin off the line, so you can get away from trouble fast. Handles amazingly off-road as well.

But most importantly, your hat stays on inside.

Can you still get the variant with the spoiler and front lip on PS4?

A Maned Wolf

YESSSSS!!!

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Absolutely no wheelspin off the line, so you can get away from trouble fast. Handles amazingly off-road as well.

Nope, not else you bring one over from SP or have a time machine.

Imnotthefiveo

YESSSSS!!!

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Nope, not else you bring one over from SP or have a time machine.

Or a friend that has one

Argonaut

..Such as myself:

LG0SjEyO.png

LG0Rh8lm.png

LG0T7jXS.png

Still kicking since 2014. Don't see why people are attracted to the "all options" version when the roofrack ruins what can be a very smart looking sports estate in the configuration I have (front lip, spoiler, closed sunroof- this last one does make a difference). May still have twin turbo- remember that?- but I can't tell if it survived the port to next gen. Would change the plate to read "R32GTST0" if I had the chance.

Still have this alongside modded Speeder (RIP performance mods), Sadler w/front bar and lights, Rebel w/front bar and lights, modded Mexican Mariachi w/performance upgrades..

Edited by Argonaut

Imnotthefiveo

Agreed. I've got the same one, lip and spoiler, with no roof rack and closed sunroof. Yankton plates, and unique gold wheels. Love that version.

whywontyoulisten

Agreed. I've got the same one, lip and spoiler, with no roof rack and closed sunroof. Yankton plates, and unique gold wheels. Love that version.

I prefer this version to the 255, but I'd rather have the glass sunroof.

Edited by whywontyoulisten

Fox2Quick

YESSSSS!!!

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Can you still get the variant with the spoiler and front lip on PS4?Spoiler and front lip is obtainable, just not with roof rack.

@Argonaut: TT badge is attached to the spoiler. Cant have one without the other.

Edited by Fox2Quick

whywontyoulisten

Spoiler and front lip is obtainable, just not with roof rack.

If you're talking about natural spawns, you're wrong. The combinations are spoiler (with twin turbo badge), front lip, or roof rack. They all come with an open sunroof.

Other combinations are only possible with mods, save editor, gctf etc.

Fox2Quick

If you're talking about natural spawns, you're wrong. The combinations are spoiler (with twin turbo badge), front lip, or roof rack. They all come with an open sunroof.

Stratum can spawn with up to 2 of the 3 available options (not counting sunroofs).

whywontyoulisten

Stratum can spawn with up to 2 of the 3 available options (not counting sunroofs).

You can have the base model with open, glass, or solid sunroof, or an open-roofed version with one of the body additions I listed above. If you've found anything different, then all I can say is pics or GTFO. :)

Edited by whywontyoulisten

Halal Cyborg

Tbh I'm so so happy with my 255 stratum in textured epsilon blue with kifflom plate but I'd be happy to dupe it purely so I can have another to play with the paintjob and plate...I have a nismo plate I could use for a nismo build.

Tupiz

..Such as myself:

*snip*

Still kicking since 2014. Don't see why people are attracted to the "all options" version when the roofrack ruins what can be a very smart looking sports estate in the configuration I have (front lip, spoiler, closed sunroof- this last one does make a difference). May still have twin turbo- remember that?- but I can't tell if it survived the port to next gen. Would change the plate to read "R32GTST0" if I had the chance.

Still have this alongside modded Speeder (RIP performance mods), Sadler w/front bar and lights, Rebel w/front bar and lights, modded Mexican Mariachi w/performance upgrades..

This is the absolute perfect spec. It is too bad this special variation won't be possible to acquire, most likely ever. I'm really jealous, but enjoy your rare vehicles.

whywontyoulisten

This is the absolute perfect spec. It is too bad this special variation won't be possible to acquire, most likely ever. I'm really jealous, but enjoy your rare vehicles.

There are give cars to friends glitches all the time. Just ask in your platform's duping thread.

Argonaut

@Argonaut: TT badge is attached to the spoiler. Cant have one without the other.

Sorry, I meant x2 Turbo upgrade. Was something you could do on last gen that I tested to have a tangible effect on performance, don't know if it was maintained through to next gen though. Would happily test with anyone who's on PC.

Fox2Quick

Sorry, I meant x2 Turbo upgrade. Was something you could do on last gen that I tested to have a tangible effect on performance, don't know if it was maintained through to next gen though. Would happily test with anyone who's on PC.Twin Turbo along with Nitrous are patched out. You can still apply them with SE but they wont do anything.

@Whywontyoulisten: 3x body mod Stratum dont spawn but 2x mods one do. This was well established 4 years ago when I started the body style database. Not once in any of the 100+ pages has anyone reported not getting 2x mod variants to spawn. Next time I see one, Ill get a pic.

Edited by Fox2Quick

LeakyLine

gAbGIaX.png

ehwfXIF.png

tRYSSK7.png

Edited by LeakyLine

Chevy1980s

Can anyone confirm if the windowless version that lets you wear a hat still exist? Did this get patched at some point?

whywontyoulisten
2 hours ago, Chevy1980s said:

Can anyone confirm if the windowless version that lets you wear a hat still exist? Did this get patched at some point?

The open sunroof ones still spawn as often as the other ones, if that's what you mean. It's random. Don't remember the hat thing though!

On 1/22/2018 at 4:16 PM, Fox2Quick said:

@Whywontyoulisten: 3x body mod Stratum dont spawn but 2x mods one do. This was well established 4 years ago when I started the body style database. Not once in any of the 100+ pages has anyone reported not getting 2x mod variants to spawn. Next time I see one, Ill get a pic.

6 months on and no pic, says it all really.

SeberHusky
6 minutes ago, whywontyoulisten said:

The open sunroof ones still spawn as often as the other ones, if that's what you mean. It's random. Don't remember the hat thing though!

I think I remember reading about this so long ago. The ones with the open sunroof would let you wear a hat inside the car, because the game did not count the sunroof opening as being part of the car, so your hat could still be on. I think he is talking about the closed sunroof model that would still let you keep your hat on because even though the sunroof was closed it was still coded as being open, thusly the hat thing mentioned.

whywontyoulisten

Sounds similar to the way the Ruiner roof lets rain in even if you have the solid/glass T-tops installed.

Chevy1980s
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, SeberHusky said:

I think I remember reading about this so long ago. The ones with the open sunroof would let you wear a hat inside the car, because the game did not count the sunroof opening as being part of the car, so your hat could still be on. I think he is talking about the closed sunroof model that would still let you keep your hat on because even though the sunroof was closed it was still coded as being open, thusly the hat thing mentioned.

Yes, the hat thing was exactly what I talking about! I only asked because mask shrink in all the other variants and I never knew this version acted like the minivan w/ spoiler, original carbon roofed coquette, and the Phoenix (well, before that one was patched). Judging by the photos, it seems like it only exist on last gen. Thanks for the fast reply guys.

Edited by Chevy1980s