GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Why is FOS so fun?

KillaVolt

I've been on the bandwagon playing this mission and I was curious how many others find this to be one of the most fun missions you've ever played and why?

That's all this discussion is, why it is so fun if you find it such or why it isn't if you don't.

If you haven't played it or refuse to play it because of some higher moral ground then this topic isn't for you and we don't need your "opinions".

Let's keep it strictly to why it's fun or not, and only for those who HAVE played it.

For me? It's a blast, there are so many vehicles and chaos going on it's like WWIII.

The vehicles spawn all over and there are good ones.

It isn't reliant on the tractor NOT being destroyed...they keep respawning, and you can still fail, hell there's even a good chance of failure.

It's a challenge, the enemies never stop coming so there is no way to sit there and wait until they're all gone

It's actually bringing people together, people are playing and working as a team to achieve the goal. Higher level players in tanks and buzzards or jets provide support for the lower levels who can run to the tractor, OR someone can try the cargobob.

There's so much more but plain and simple this mission is fun, even if the payout was lower it would still be fun.

Edited by KillaVolt
  • Like 4

Shadow_Titan17

Because its challenging, fun with others, and pays very well.

• Like 3

Rockstar should learn from FOS. It's a fun mission and has a decent payout.

• Like 3

Black Rabbit

Chaos. I don't give a sh*t about the pay...but that's why most people play it. They think it's justified to make $75K in 5 minutes.

Edited by Black Rabbit

GTA Forums User99521

I wish I could play it.Unfortunately I don't have time ATM :(

Agree on the chaos plus there are several options for completing it. I love the flexibility and the fact that, as OP mentioned, if you blow up the tractor a new one spawns.

• Like 2

adamsowilliams

how are so many people able to find and play this mission when social club only has a tag search?

Black Rabbit

how are so many people able to find and play this mission when social club only has a tag search?

Quick Jobs >>> Versus Mission

I played a bit last night, I didn't know what it was at first and died loads, but everyone I played with was working as a team and having fun. The thing is with the rockstar made missions the payouts are frustratingly low, and I'm the stingy kind of guy that counts bullets so I make the most cash, so the high payout was obviously great second time around I just went crazy :)

I know I shouldn't like it but I do, and I'm usually one of those 'legit higher than thou' kind of people...

Cops with miniguns/rocket launchers...... nuff said.

I really hope someone at R* see's this and how positively people react to this mission (the ones who like it, and why) and maybe learn something from it. A lot of people I see barely care about the money, this is just one of the most fun missions so far.

What is FOS and where can I find it?

PS3? ADD ME vertigoblast

Im hosting for a while

maybe another hour or so.

even though they don't like it, it looks like they won't be taking much action against people doing this, at least before the 20th. focusing on the more hardcore hackers, than the people grinding stuff they don't like.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202598028-Update-on-GTA-Online-Cheaters-and-Modded-RP

Just out of curiosity how much money have you guys farmed? I'm close to 2 million just by playing it for 2-3 hours

It's a bunch of sh*t them town together and it has a high payout...it will be gone soon, and that's fine, because as a mission/job, it blows ass

PlasmicSnake

Its a challenge, the enemies dont stop spawning and the lobbies are usually full. You dont just go,take cover and kill 15 enemies and then go have to deliver something all the way across the map. Its also the most organized teamwork ive been a part of in GTAO ever. I dont think ive even been in a deathmatch with 10+ players Only free roam has that many people in it and they arent all working together.

I hate this mission because it is racist. It hates xbox people and will not let them play.

• Like 1

Black Rabbit

because as a mission/job, it blows ass

This is true. Everyone is praising him for his ability to create fun missions, but f*ck, all he did was place a sh*tload of high accuracy endless respawning enemies in the middle of a map with an objective you need to grab. It's nothing special, it's not smart or well thought out, I doubt it even took more than 20 minutes to make. It's fun, yes, but as a mission, it's nothing.

Most people like it because they like the payout. Plain and simple. Just read this topic, most people mention the payout as if it's what all jobs should be paying. Well, it's not.

Only free roam has that many people in it and they arent all working together.

This is true but I haven't played one yet wherein my PV hasn't been blown up by a teammate, damnit.

Edited by Black Rabbit

Tell me more cause I have no clue what FOS is and that sucks.

Shadow_Titan17

I hate this mission because it is racist. It hates xbox people and will not let them play.

You see, I find that funny. Xbox players complaining about something they can't get. It's just unfortunate that funmw2 isn't on Xbox.

You see, I find that funny. Xbox players complaining about something they can't get. It's just unfortunate that funmw2 isn't on Xbox.

Thank god the virtual robin hood is on ps3 and not XBL !

tumblr_lflzjkOFx31qf4elio1_400.gif

adamsowilliams

its pretty boring tbf, people are just easily swayed into thinking its fun because it's a high payout. if it paid about 10K everyone would be slating it.

darkwar854

GTA fan term of the day:

Fun - when a player of GTA Online gets a lot of money and repeats the same process hoping for something to happen.

Not to be confused with Fun - A source of enjoyment or pleasure.

• Like 2

rsz_tupacpct202pacpct20therepct20arepct2

The creator of this job simply does not have a XBox, else I'm sure he'd have published it for you as well. All you guys need is someone who knows the same things as he does.

signature500x-e1644500940546.png

GTA fan term of the day:

Fun - when a player of GTA Online gets a lot of money and repeats the same process hoping for something to happen.

Not to be confused with Fun - A source of enjoyment or pleasure.

Payout is minor a this point. Yes that's why I started, but at this if it paid the same as RR I would choose this over RR. Otherwise I was broke as sh*t and really not having a good time having to pay for my car multiple times, and continue to try and buy ammo to survive.

Why do you care who thinks what is fun?? I don't understand that. I also enjoy creating circuits and etching boards. It's a blast. Do you also find that fun?? Probably not, so whatever I decide is fun for me is relative to you.

What would make this activity fun is this:

1) Steal tank that is moving and guarded by a convoy.

2) You have 1 min to steal the buzzard on the TPI hangar.

3) Fieldmiester is moving south and guarded by a convoy of cops.

4) Once you steal it you have to move it to a field guarded by hordes of endless spawning sniper miniguns where you will need your tank and buzzard to clear.

Bam...75-90k payout is now worth it. Players work together and R* continues to have customers.

grand theft spaghetti

rockstar's idea of a mission is grind and punishment. very little options on how to pass the mission, anybody makes one mistake and its back to 10 minutes worth of loading screens. then if the mission gets too popular they go in and reduce the payouts, take the mission away for a short time, block the ability to share money, disable the replay button, give the enemy ai even better aimbots and change the mission setup. its like being dragged to a fancy restaurant, being told what you can wear, what you can order, what you can eat with and no having fun.

everybody ive played with has all agreed this is the most fun they have had playing the game in months. its not just about the money. plenty of faster ways to glitch money than playing these missions. its like being a kid at chuck'e'cheese's and getting to run wild with their friends.

Edited by ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • Like 2

The creator of this job simply does not have a XBox, else I'm sure he'd have published it for you as well. All you guys need is someone who knows the same things as he does.

Lets be glad for that - usually it xbox users having all the fun

If it paid the same as RR but took longer, I would still prefer to play this.

Mainly for the reasons already mentioned, it encourages team work, which is a rarity online and that there are many different ways to play it

• Like 1