Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,758 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Pro_Donn

Carbonizarre vs Elergy vs Massacro

Carbonizarre vs Elergy vs Massacro  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is the best for winning races overall?

• Carbonizarre
    • Elergy
    • Massacro

darkwar854

Elegy is unquestionably best for races with lots of turns, but the Massacro will likely be the best for races with few turns and is almost certainly the best for races with no turns at all (the Carbonizarre used to be best for turn-less races but Massacro unseated it). I have both cars so I'm always prepared, just like I've got the Zentorno and Adder for Supers.

And this talk of the Elegy being moved to Supers is also almost certainly BS, it's the best Sports car all around but it'd make a subpar Super, and someone's comment about the looks being wrong had a point, most (if not all) Supers tend to be more flamboyant than other cars (if they cost as much to make as they do you're not going to want it looking like a normal car, you want people to know you own a half million dollar car just by looking at it). Buffs and nerfs may well happen to bring the cars in line with others in their class, but outright switching classes is highly unlikely to happen.

Well, a dev said that, so we'll see.

Lucius Aelius

^Get back to me when you've got a source that isn't some random Youtuber who claims he talked to a dev, until then I can't take this seriously.

DiveGummi

Elegy*

150429-GTAIV-2014-01-16-21-41-26-20.jpg

no R in it

Is that GTA V?

darkwar854

^Get back to me when you've got a source that isn't some random Youtuber who claims he talked to a dev, until then I can't take this seriously.

Well he sure aint some youtuber posting glitches and "secret" car paints.

Lucius Aelius

^Just because he isn't the lowest of the low doesn't mean he's not full of sh*t about this, I'll believe it if/when there's proper confirmation (like a link to a support ticket where a R* dev responded directly to someone's question). Right now it's just hearsay, and worse it's hearsay from a YouTube video, where people make money from views so there's an incentive to lie (or at least over-hype).

Edited by Lucius Aelius

Giantsgiants

Definitely the Elegy, and right now, I believe it's highly unlikely that it will be moved to the super class. But then again...the Voltic is considered a supercar even though it doesn't look like one, nor performs like one. I've had more success in races with the Elegy than the Massacro.

My Elegy:

0_0.jpg

Edited by Giantsgiants

the nameless

My favourite is the Elegy. It's the best for racing because of it's massive grip. Plus the Nissan GT R is one of my favourite cars - my first buy if I ever won the lottery, so I drive it more. I do love the Carbo' though, I don't have too many handling issues with it. As for the Massacro, I haven't used it much because when the highlife update hit I was on the verge of buying my 1st super car so I was getting a feel for the Zentorno before deciding what to get. When I eventualy have enough GTA$ I will probably buy one, but while I have an Elegy (for free) and less than $1M I don't see a point.

Obviously if you like a car enough to drive it alot, you will become better at racing in it because you would be used to it, rather than a "better" car - as long as they are all around the same class. So all arguments that Elegy, Masacro, Carbon', coquette etc are the best for racing are valid. Just playing devil's advocate.

darkwar854

^Just because he isn't the lowest of the low doesn't mean he's not full of sh*t about this, I'll believe it if/when there's proper confirmation (like a link to a support ticket where a R* dev responded directly to someone's question). Right now it's just hearsay, and worse it's hearsay from a YouTube video, where people make money from views so there's an incentive to lie (or at least over-hype).

But what he says it truthful. If the Elegy can beat an Entities time around some tracks, then it's OP. And even more so when it's FREE.

K-ROSE

I have a 155-55 race record with the Carbo (and only about 4% of those were Criminal Records or whatever that slippery cardboard box race was).

sweat pants boner

9f and comet

spawnkiller187

you failed to include the JESTER. best by far in the sport class.

DMC14

Elegy if your a cheapskate

Massacro if you want to outrun everyone

Carbonizzare if you want 'duh Furari'

Furai

warhammer_340_mazda_furai_concept_04.jpg

darkwar854

The Jester has one of the slowest top speeds, and requires you to brake a lot in order to take a corner clean. No where near the best.

Biohazard Abyss

Allergy RH8

G's Ah's

I wouldn't say "by far", but it's certainly the better of the sports cars. I haven't had the opportunity of racing the Carbo but I have tried the Massacro, the Elegy and the Jester and I would probably pick the Jester as the better overall racer. The Jester just has better downforce which gives it better grip than the Massacro, especially when racing in the rain (plus not having the pain of being a front engine RWD vehicle in the wet).

I've even considered trying to get rid of the Elegy and swap it for a Jester but I'm not sure you can get rid of "free" cars.

luisniko

Jester please. That one is real deal. How could you not mention it?

JumpingKentFlash

Don't see the point of moving the Elegy to supers. It's not that good and it doesn't look very good either. I'll make a Chrelergy if it's moved to supers though.

Hoping R* will make the ability to own a third garage. I'd put Futos and Phoenixes in there

Cilogy

I'm having an Elergic reaction to this thread title.

RDT33

How can people spell names like Carbonizarre and Massacro correctly, but incorrectly spell a simple name like Elegy?

Definitely the Elegy, and right now, I believe it's highly unlikely that it will be moved to the super class. But then again...the Voltic is considered a supercar even though it doesn't look like one, nor performs like one. I've had more success in races with the Elegy than the Massacro.

My Elegy:

0_0.jpg

Wait. But that looks good? How can that possibly be your car?

AlexSniperBullet

I never had a problem beating a Elegy with a Carbonizarre (no slip stream)

Spexo

I am actually very interested in this little debate. I have an elegy currently, and I don't really drive it unless it's for races. It just sits. If possible, I would've sold it a while ago, most likely. I have friends on both sides; some swear up and down that the Elegy is the Christ of sports cars, and others say the Massacro is the anti-Christ of the Sports cars. Like the dark horse. Every time I'm in a sports race, I see an Elegy and Massacro in 1st or 2nd. The two duel it out all race usually. And that's with and without catchup / slipstream to help. I may be making the swap to the Massacro, especially if the Elegy truly is going to the super car class. Currently, my vote is for the Elegy as best, but I just don't know. Stats are different in SP than online, so I don't know which car between Massacro and Elegy are truly best in an online setting.

The Angel King

Whats better; Jogging shoes, Basketball shoes, or Running shoes?

McBean007

Elegy*

I think you guys is making fun off the name elegy by saying elergy which sounds like allergy

Goodsport92

Anyone who thinks Jester or Massacro is better than Allergy, is pretty retar*ed, but also sort of correct as I rather would have a sports car than an allergy.

Biff73

The best sports car is the carbonizarre provided the driver knows how to handle it,I would'nt expect much about a free car,also any car is pretty much amateur unless fully tuned up

Edited by Biff73

Goodsport92

The best sports car is the carbonizarre provided the driver knows how to handle it,I would'nt expect much about a free car,also any car is pretty much amateur unless fully tuned up

Do a test where you test how fast you can drive with both the elegy and carbo in a 90 degree turn without sliding.

...and nope, the acceleration and top speed won't compensate for the handling.

The_Herb

If you're taking a 90 degree turn in the carbo you'll want to slide through it though...

Zepren

Elegy. Though, honestly, I've not driven the Massacro much at all but I've seen it outpaced by the Elegy consistently. Also, like most of the DLC cars, I haven't seen it take hits very well. This is right up there in importance. Why? Well all the power and handling in the world ain't worth a damn if you're taken out my the slightest clip. The Elegy however, takes hits like a champ.

Edited by Zepren

HopalongCasidy

wtf is an elergy?

Biff73

Do a test where you test how fast you can drive with both the elegy and carbo in a 90 degree turn without sliding.

...and nope, the acceleration and top speed won't compensate for the handling.

Tested both carbonizarre & eleghy few times already,fully upgraded,the eleghy is for amateur drivers,If you wanna talk about cars,fully upgrade it or its pointless

Edited by Biff73