Can't play with other players

Lansyer

Everytime i go to a public match im always alone i dont know why. i can play with my friends but not with other players. im not even a bad sport. Please help!!

Hail Sithis

Are you playing with the free aim targeting mode?

If so, there's not a whole lot of people in those lobbies, but if you're not you're probably just unlucky or something

I would keep switching sessions until you find other people

GTAForums.Talk

Everytime i go to a public match im always alone i dont know why. i can play with my friends but not with other players. im not even a bad sport. Please help!!

I think you might have made a mistake and you became the host of the match. There isn't anyone joining because you have to manually invite friends and players to the match.

You can also join a match rather than hosting for a faster gameplay with other players.

What your experiencing is confusion.

If you have found my response helpful and/or entertaining, please leave a thumbs up and visit my profile. Thank you.

2Chains4Bracelets

I think you might have made a mistake and you became the host of the match. There isn't anyone joining because you have to manually invite friends and players to the match.

You can also join a match rather than hosting for a faster gameplay with other players.

Highly unlikely considering that the standard and quickest (and most natural) ways to join online are:

-by the character wheel from single player (start up default mode), which does not put you into a private match, or

-by clicking A on the start/loading screen (Xbox) that puts you directly into a random public session.

To go into a private session, you have to specifically go through a set of menus in which you designate that you want to host a private session. A much more unlikely process for someone to "accidentally" be repetitively going through. Especially considering it tells you that you are hosting a private session through three menu screens.

• Like 1

tronheisenberg

seems like you're the one with the confusion issue. We're talking about freeroams here not "matches"

make sure your "nat" type is open. I had this issue with COD a lot.