GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Would GTA:O be better with trading?

Cragovich

I understand that GTA:O already has a basic economy (Get money from jobs then buy something) but do you think it would be better if it where similar to a game such as Team Fortress 2 or WoW?

I'm sure this plan fell to pieces as soon as everyone became billionaires for that brief period of time but imagine being able to buy that second-hand Adder or Mesa for a price set by the community. Players could sell the rare spawn cars on for a bit of profit. You could buy ammo from players that have to much from Crate pickups or gang attacks. All of this is essentially just a trading system but the idea being that prices would be set by the community. Hell, if you're mad enough you could even flog your deed for your Pegasus tank.

I feel like being able to sell assets to other players would add a whole new layer of immersion. What're you thoughts on this and should it be added?

inb4 Cash Cards conspiracy theorists.

Never going to happen. Just like the stock market there is to much counterfeit billionaire money out there for it to be fair for everyone.

CarimboHanky

im all in for trading, sharing, giving to others...

too bad R* dont allow thing like that to happen here, heck you cant even mod cars for people anymore.

AgentExeider

I've advocated for a trade screen for people to be able to.openly trade, and the first thing.people tell me are all the reasons why it wouldn't work. None of them made sense. If a person can reject a trade request that solves 99% of the "issues" people seem to have with it.

Won't happen because it affects their cash card sales in a negative way. Good idea though.

I understand that GTA:O already has a basic economy (Get money from jobs then buy something) but do you think it would be better if it where similar to a game such as Team Fortress 2 or WoW?

I'm sure this plan fell to pieces as soon as everyone became billionaires for that brief period of time but imagine being able to buy that second-hand Adder or Mesa for a price set by the community. Players could sell the rare spawn cars on for a bit of profit. You could buy ammo from players that have to much from Crate pickups or gang attacks. All of this is essentially just a trading system but the idea being that prices would be set by the community. Hell, if you're mad enough you could even flog your deed for your Pegasus tank.

I feel like being able to sell assets to other players would add a whole new layer of immersion. What're you thoughts on this and should it be added?

inb4 Cash Cards conspiracy theorists.

Trading would be an awesome yet easily abused addition. Those of us who glitch can max mod a car and sell it cheap to out friends unless they put a minimum sale price. I used to always max mod cars and give them to friends and ransoms before it was patched, and I'd love to see it back or something like this would be even better. I highly doubt they will incorporate player sales into the game though, sadly.

HalfOfZero

I've detailed it a few times on here about how it'd be a briklaint feature, we just need a stable currency structure, meaning less idiots abusing glitches for unstable amounts of money. That puts them ahead if the game, and rockatar takes the blow when people moan about it.

Our commodity on this game is cars, we buy em, we steal em, we modify and insure them... To be able to sell them to other players would be great. A feature on our phones (in game), a la eBay would be awesomw. Players decide to sell their car, the game enters the modifications automatically, and maybe even a random stat like how many times its been impounded.. and player sets a price. Or auction