GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

'mental state' is a joke.. we're being punked.

RAS_ZeroZ

I can't get into a lobby with my usual crewmates in the last couple of days because I decided to go on a rampage against the LSPD and a bunch of hipster NPCs. I've tried through the pause menu and it fails each time. This new matchmaking logic is GARBAGE. My crewmates don't care if my icon is a deep red... I don't care what theirs is.

What a joke. I'm waiting for my colour to reset but it hasn't.. and if you're thinking.. "just do a few missions" .. well, I have, I just did 10-12 missions... I'm still a psychopath and can't join my crewmates.

This is pathetic, stupid and an insult.

• Like 3

JOEsAGGRESSIVE

why can't you join your crew members? my buddy is beet red and he can join my lobbies... But I do think that the mental state thing needs some fine tuning. If anything its making people play defensively and by "defensively" I mean tank city lol.

Straight Edge Steve

"You're on your own you pathetic psychopath!"

I'm okay with the system but they just need to remove NPC's from making the state go up

• Like 5

I play with the people in my crew every night... and since this stupid 'mental state' crap was implemented I rarely see them :(

I enjoy killing cops and npcs... that has never affected my relationship with my crew or anybody else in freeroam..... but now, it does...somehow. What bullsh*t.

BoJack Cognac

Dude. My crew's color is the exact same as that mental state red color.

Unless I hook up my PS3 to the huge-screen TV in the other room, I can't distinguish mental state from crew members. It's so lame.

• Like 2

Ive actually been joining lobbies with like 5 of my friends in each one!. Most of them play passively though.

In one lobby, a friend was in a shootout with two guys, I went to watch but on the way got shot at by some dark red guy while on my double t. I only recently bought a tank but man does it make a surprise when you can drive it as though you are still on foot. They turn and run pretty fast when they round the corner and see a tank barrel looking at them.

I do get a few "wtf man I only shot you once" messages, but I only use it for self defence or driving them away from my friends.

GTA_Girl84

Dude. My crew's color is the exact same as that mental state red color.

Unless I hook up my PS3 to the huge-screen TV in the other room, I can't distinguish mental state from crew members. It's so lame.

yeah, I agree with you there. Too many red dots

CarimboHanky

i dont have issues with the mental state thing, what bothers me is the red blips...

why of all colors they have to choose red?

this is as moronic as having all icons in the map white as well as the player blips.

Maybe my bar is defective, because it hasn't even gone up 1/4 of a bar. My dot's whiter than snow.

• Like 2
6IBTBOM.png

i afk for like 3 hours to 4 hours n i have went from full to 1 bar less so i became mental

xInfamousRYANx

My mental state reverts back to white at midnight every night

Hasnt ever for me.

My mental state has never gone above half of the first bar. My friends are all psychotic and I'm able to join them 100% no issue. It's their Internet or yours.

ToMuchMayo

Real problem is the fact i fail to go online or switch sessions sometimes because i couldn't connect to anyone "compatible" with me... I don't go around shooting up people now an days so i basically have zero mental state going up and now if the servers can't find enough white colored people (lol) when i try to get online or switch sessions it puts me back into single player.

Where's the bar everyone's talking about ?

I can only see my pointer on the map - and it's deep red.

All the time.

Turkish Turketarian

Real problem is the fact i fail to go online or switch sessions sometimes because i couldn't connect to anyone "compatible" with me... I don't go around shooting up people now an days so i basically have zero mental state going up and now if the servers can't find enough white colored people (lol) when i try to get online or switch sessions it puts me back into single player.

I'm white and get put with other colored people all the time lol.

Weird, my mental state is as white as it gets, and all my friends are raving lunatics lol, but I always am able to join them.

EJTexasMade

I agree with the OP that the mental state stat doesn't work correctly. I'm tired of somebody running up on me shooting, I kill them in reaction and my mental state worsens.

This is bullsh*t, the last session I was in was 1/3 white, 1/3 pink, and 1/3 red...I have yet to see "separation" based on mental stats

Edited by CrazyRay
  • Like 1

Soran Is On

Mental state seems to reset randomly from what I can tell. I've had mine reset dozens of times since Tuesday. And never had a problem joining crew mates.

NorthwindJME

Ether hold down (last line of stats) or start online players and look through the list to see the stats of your self or the other players.

It can also be viewed in the mission lobby.

Edited by NorthwindJME

Der Süden

Hasnt ever for me.Same here. From Wednesday to Saturday I tried to get my dot back to white. I did barely pvp and pve, but I've lost only 3 of 5 bars. Since it's boring without pvp and pve, I gave it up yesterday. I'm going to be deep red forever. When I'm offline the state doesn't seem to decrease at all.

I wonder if you actually have to play the game while the mental state is resetting. Several people like him said it happened to them at midnight. I for one never played at midnight.

Edited by Preusse

SeberHusky

I was riding a bicycle, turn a corner and hit a fat black woman by accident. "WARNING! Your mental state has increased!"

Edited by SeberHusky
  • Like 2

SkylineGTRFreak

Hasnt ever for me.
Same here. From Wednesday to Saturday I tried to get my dot back to white. I did barely pvp and pve, but I've lost only 3 of 5 bars. Since it's boring without pvp and pve, I gave it up yesterday. I'm going to be deep red forever. When I'm offline the state doesn't seem to decrease at all.

I wonder if you actually have to play the game while the mental state is resetting. Several people like him said it happened to them at midnight. I for one never played at midnight.

It happened to me yesterday. I've been playing a little longer and fought 2 guys in a Lazer. Suddenly both of their dots were white and I just thought "okay...". However, later I saw that my stat had been resetted aswell.

I agree, the system is complete trash & terribly inaccurate. When I first heard of the mental state, I figured it would be a type of troll-weeding feature. It should only change color if you're killing actual players, then reset to white when you're killed. Or pretty much anything besides the way it is. Rockstar still batting a thousand.

Dumb question, but how do you even check what your mental state is

Press the pause menu, then go to the players tab.

It shows everyone mental state in the lobby