GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Thoughts on re-classing cars?

JimmySaville'd

JimmySaville'd

I think some of the cars we've got currently, don't belong in the classes they are right now.

For instance, do you really feel the Albany Alpha should be a sports car? I feel like it'll be much better if it was classed into the Coupe class.. Also the Voltic I think should be a sports car, and the Elegy upgraded into a super car.

Also, lower end cars in the sports category (there are LOTS of sports cars in general) I think should be made into a new 'tuner' class such as the penumbra, schwartzer and futo and fusilade (just off the top of my head). And within the supers, I think the lower end supers (like the bullet, cheetah, vacca) should stay as a super but the best supers in the game (entity, turismo, adder, zentorno) should be turned into hypercars.

Do you agree? and do you have any other cars which you feel don't belong in the current class they're in? Post other suggestions below, I want to see what you think :)

• Like 5

CarimboHanky

to balance things around the super class, i think the top dogs from that class(entity, zentorno, adder and turismo) should get moved to a class of their own, as the low end supers stand no chance against one of them.

i like the idea of a tuners class.

• Like 3

Well, if I were going re-classify cars, I would start by getting rid of the couple class because coupe isn't a class of car. :p

Something like this maybe?

*Compact

*Sedan

*Sports Sedan

*Sports

*Grand Tourer

*Super

*Muscle

*SUV

*Offroad

*Motorcycles

*Multi-purpose?

• Like 3
iz5LICs.gif

FR_Player-One

NO
NO
and
NO
Thank you.

You want 4 cars per category or what ? Then race some compacts, you should be happy there.

EDIT : The voltic stock can keep up with the other supercars.

Edited by FR_Player-One

JimmySaville'd

to balance things around the super class, i think the top dogs from that class(entity, zentorno, adder and turismo) should get moved to a class of their own, as the low end supers stand no chance against one of them.

yeah I said in the first post that the real top dogs of the supers should get moved to a 'hypercar' class

and yeah tuners would be awesome, there just seems like there are FAR too many sports cars, and only very few of them get properly used whereas the vast majority are not used, so by adding a new class to place slightly lower ends sports and turn them into tuners would be awesome, and also spice up race options

I also think the buffalo should get moved to the muscle class.. Because I fail to see in any way how a dodge charger is a sports car.

Well, if I were going re-classify cars, I would start by getting rid of the couple class because coupe isn't a class of car. :p

Something like this maybe?

*Compact

*Sedan

*Sports Sedan

*Sports

*Grand Tourer

*Super

*Muscle

*SUV

*Offroad

*Motorcycles

*Multi-purpose?

Well yeah thats even better, having grand tourer would be awesome! Can place good cars into there

NO

NO

and

NO

Thank you.

You want 4 cars per category or what ? Then race some compacts, you should be happy there.

EDIT : The voltic stock can keep up with the other supercars.

Thats not the point.. I just see it as completely pointless as having a futo as a sports car and at the same time a massacro and a elegy and jester. They're nowhere near the same level. if there are a lot of sports cars in the game, there shouldn't be that big of a difference. Hence introduce a couple of new classes and rearrange where the cars are. You really think a bullet and a entity are anywhere near the same level? Didn't think so

Until a tuner class is implemented move the futo and Penumbra to coupes to balance things out.

Exellent idea the Top supers should be moved to the 'Hyper' class.

HalfOfZero

I was just thinking this morning, the Zorntorno shouldnt be a super car, its a hyper car.

How would they define the difference in classs though, in words? I mean, if it hits over 200mph and looks nuts, its a hyper car in real life.... But we don't have speedos..

Until a tuner class is implemented move the futo and Penumbra to coupes to balance things out.

and until R* gives us the ability to actually "Tune" or significantly improve performance, lets just call it what it is , the "Ricer" class

JimmySaville'd

I said that in the opening post lol

I said that in the opening post lol

:panic: I didn't notice, shows how tired I am.

• Like 1

If you honestly care that much make your own race and place restrictions on the cars.

Edited by TheMcSame

Agreed. I like the tuner class idea and they could round it out with a few cars from SA(Sunrise, Flash, Uranus, etc...)since they like to add cars with every DLC it seems. I'd love an actual lowrider class. Move the Voodoo, Manana, Peyote, Tornado and Emperor over there and again bring in the old cars like the Blade, Savanna, Majestic and Slamvan to round out the class. The lowriders could even bring in a new(old)competitive game mode, hydraulic car dancing.

JimmySaville'd

I was just thinking this morning, the Zorntorno shouldnt be a super car, its a hyper car.

How would they define the difference in classs though, in words? I mean, if it hits over 200mph and looks nuts, its a hyper car in real life.... But we don't have speedos..

Exactly I mean, even just compainr gwith their real life counterparts.. A Bullet (Ford GT) is a classic example of a sports car, a lot of power and fast.. But I mean when you compare that with a entity or turismo (Koenigsegg and laferrari) or even the adder and zen (veyron and veneno.sesto elemento) the Ford GT is nowhere near those cars. So I think those 4 should definitely be moved up a scale and be called hypercars, because thats what they are. I mean having a bullet/voltic and a zentorno in the same class is silly. As with having a buffalo/schwartzer in the same class as a elegy/jester/massacro.

I'd make many of them dual-class.

Exemplar into Sedan and Sports

Felon into Sedan and Sports

Felon GT into Sports and Coupe

Jackal into Sedan and Sports

Oracle (both) into Sedan and Sports

F620 into Sports and Coupe

Zion (Both) into Sports and Coupe

Sentinel and XS into Sports and Coupe

Dominator into Sports and Muscle

Gauntlet into Sports and Muscle

Picador into Vans and Muscle

Ratloader into Utility and Muscle

Ruiner into Sports and Muscle

Duneloader into Utility and Offroad

Rancher into SUV and Offroad

Mesa (all) into SUV and Offroad

Fugative into Coupe and Sedan

Hearse into Utility and Sedan

Schafter into Sports and Sedan

Tailgater into Sports and Sedan

Alpha into Coupe and Sports

Buffalo (both) into Muscle and Sports

Carbonizzare into Coupe and Sports

Elegy into Super and Sports

Fusilade into Coupe and Sports

Futo into Compacts and Sports

Jester into Super and Sports

Khameleon into Coupe and Sports

Massacro into Super and Sports

Penumbra into Coupe and Sports

Schwartzer into Coupe and Sports

Sultan into Sedan and Sports

Voltic into Sports and Super

Bullet into Sports and Super

Baller (Both) into Offroad and SUV

Dubsta (both) into Offroad and SUV

Landstalker into Offroad and SUV

Patriot into Offroad and SUV

Sadler into Van and Utility

Bison into Utility and Van

Bobcat into Offroad and Van

Minivan into SUV and Van

JimmySaville'd

Agreed. I like the tuner class idea and they could round it out with a few cars from SA(Sunrise, Flash, Uranus, etc...)since they like to add cars with every DLC it seems. I'd love an actual lowrider class. Move the Voodoo, Manana, Peyote, Tornado and Emperor over there and again bring in the old cars like the Blade, Savanna, Majestic and Slamvan to round out the class. The lowriders could even bring in a new(old)competitive game mode, hydraulic car dancing.

Exactly that sounds brilliant! I wuold love having a lowrider class and hydraulics like back in the SA days :p

Exemplar into Sedan and Sports

Felon into Sedan and Sports

Felon GT into Sports and Coupe

Jackal into Sedan and Sports

Oracle (both) into Sedan and Sports

F620 into Sports and Coupe

Zion (Both) into Sports and Coupe

Sentinel and XS into Sports and Coupe

Dominator into Sports and Muscle

Gauntlet into Sports and Muscle

Picador into Vans and Muscle

Ratloader into Utility and Muscle

Ruiner into Sports and Muscle

Duneloader into Utility and Offroad

Rancher into SUV and Offroad

Mesa (all) into SUV and Offroad

Fugative into Coupe and Sedan

Hearse into Utility and Sedan

Schafter into Sports and Sedan

Tailgater into Sports and Sedan

Alpha into Coupe and Sports

Buffalo (both) into Muscle and Sports

Carbonizzare into Coupe and Sports

Elegy into Super and Sports

Fusilade into Coupe and Sports

Futo into Compacts and Sports

Jester into Super and Sports

Khameleon into Coupe and Sports

Massacro into Super and Sports

Penumbra into Coupe and Sports

Schwartzer into Coupe and Sports

Sultan into Sedan and Sports

Voltic into Sports and Super

Bullet into Sports and Super

Baller (Both) into Offroad and SUV

Dubsta (both) into Offroad and SUV

Landstalker into Offroad and SUV

Patriot into Offroad and SUV

Sadler into Van and Utility

Bison into Utility and Van

Bobcat into Offroad and Van

Minivan into SUV and Van

This sounds like a great idea! Although im not sure how making then dual class would work like in game.. it seems difficult to implement but a great idea none the less!

Although I don't think Oracle is suited to be a sports car if im honest :p

To me any super car made post 2010 is a hypercar since that is when outrageous looks became twice as outrageous. To me hypercars are super concepts since they have that 'hyper' look but there is no hyper grade performance because some supers made before 2010 can still outperform the supers of today.

JimmySaville'd

To me any super car made post 2010 is a hypercar since that is when outrageous looks became twice as outrageous. To me hypercars are super concepts since they have that 'hyper' look but there is no hyper grade performance because some supers made before 2010 can still outperform the supers of today.

I consider Hypers to just be the elite of the supers. I mean cars in real life that are pretty recent like Mclaren MP4-12C (or more recently the 650s) are both supers, they are insanely fast, aroun 610 horsepower and have everything a super car should have.. But something thats considered a hypercar would be the Mclaren P1.. I mean 905 horsepower that has, its insanity.

I say any car with over 700bhp can be considered hypercar worthy, but obviously not in al cases either (Like the ferrari F12, which is high end super, but not quite hyper)

This sounds like a great idea! Although im not sure how making then dual class would work like in game.. it seems difficult to implement but a great idea none the less!

This mechanic is already in the game. I can use my custom Sanchez in motorcycle and off-road races.

JimmySaville'd

This mechanic is already in the game. I can use my custom Sanchez in motorcycle and off-road races.

Oh yes I didn't think of that! I suppose in that way then it would be a great idea, but they have to be careful on how they set it (if they do) because otherwise we'll end up with a similar problem to now :p

Misanthrope Z

Super and Sport are the two most conflicting categories

The higher-end supercars should keep their title

the low-end supercars should be placed in a class simply called "Exotic"

The higher-end sports cars should keep their title as well

the low-end sports cars should be titled "tuners"

there, easy fix.

After reading some of the suggestions ~ hell yea R* needs a tuner & hyper class.

Penumbra and futo just don't belong.

Voltic, although it has decent acceleration , usually gets blown in the dust by the top four supers, so it should be a sport

And maybe we could take like the fastest sports ( jester, elegy, Massacro,comet and throw them in the rest of the slower supers , like the vacca and bullet)

Also, a tuner dlc would give r* a chance to add cars like the dukes back, maybe even throw in a 370z ..

Edited by Xavierr

FR_Player-One

Edited your post, see, the problem is :

Exemplar into Sedan and Sports - will ruin Sedans races

Felon into Sedan and Sports - will ruin Sedans races

Felon GT into Sports and Coupe - Useless in sports

Jackal into Sedan and Sports - Useless in sports

Oracle (both) into Sedan and Sports - Useless in sports

F620 into Sports and Coupe - Useless in sports

Zion (Both) into Sports and Coupe - Useless in sports

Sentinel and XS into Sports and Coupe - Useless in sports

Dominator into Sports and Muscle - Useless in sports

Gauntlet into Sports and Muscle - Useless in sports

Picador into Vans and Muscle - Vans?

Ratloader into Utility and Muscle - OK but pointless

Ruiner into Sports and Muscle - Useless in sports

Duneloader into Utility and Offroad - OK I guess

Rancher into SUV and Offroad - OK I guess

Mesa (all) into SUV and Offroad - Mesa are already available in off road races I believe

Fugative into Coupe and Sedan - Meh

Hearse into Utility and Sedan - What for ?

Schafter into Sports and Sedan - Useless in sports

Tailgater into Sports and Sedan - Useless in sports

Alpha into Coupe and Sports - May ruin Coupe races

Buffalo (both) into Muscle and Sports - not sure about muscles

Carbonizzare into Coupe and Sports - Will ruin coupe races

Elegy into Super and Sports - No, it's not that good

Fusilade into Coupe and Sports - I suppose

Futo into Compacts and Sports - Will ruin compact races

Jester into Super and Sports - Not that good either

Khameleon into Coupe and Sports - IDK

Massacro into Super and Sports - Not that good either

Penumbra into Coupe and Sports - ?

Schwartzer into Coupe and Sports - ?

Sultan into Sedan and Sports - Will ruin Sedan races

Voltic into Sports and Super - Stock version is too good for sports

Bullet into Sports and Super - not sure

Baller (Both) into Offroad and SUV - already ruins SUV races, will ruin offroad races

Dubsta (both) into Offroad and SUV - can already be used in offroad races

Landstalker into Offroad and SUV - ?

Patriot into Offroad and SUV - already

Sadler into Van and Utility - already

Bison into Utility and Van - already

Bobcat into Offroad and Van - already

Minivan into SUV and Van - already

None of these changes would be very useful.

Oh yes I didn't think of that! I suppose in that way then it would be a great idea, but they have to be careful on how they set it (if they do) because otherwise we'll end up with a similar problem to now :p

The game simply isn't very clear about it.

The Blazer (last I checked, a few updates ago) is or was considered both an off-road vehicle and a motorcycle, just like the sanchez.

And there's a few SUV's which are also off-road in class.

They don't just say so when you get into the vehicle, you only get to see one, or the main class of the vehicle.

Maybe they wanted to keep it cleaner that way, but it can't be a bad or hard to implement thing that (in this case) a dirtbike shows up as:

-Maibatsu Sanchez

-Motorcycle, Off-Road

Right?

JimmySaville'd

After reading some of the suggestions ~ hell yea R* needs a tuner & hyper class.

Penumbra and futo just don't belong.

Voltic, although it has decent acceleration , usually gets blown in the dust by the top four supers, so it should be a sport

And maybe we could take like the fastest sports ( jester, elegy, Massacro,comet and throw them in the rest of the slower supers , like the vacca and bullet)

Also, a tuner dlc would give r* a chance to add cars like the dukes back, maybe even throw in a 370z ..

Thi is exactly what im hoping for!!

I'm not sure how i feel about hydrolics and lowriders but the manana, tornado, and peyote have no business being in sports classic. Even fully modded, my manana and tornado don't stand a chance in that class.

gorskiegangsta

If you think Elegy is too good for 'sports', then so is Jester/9F/Massacro. Consequently, if you think Voltic isn't good enough for 'supers', then so is Vacca and Bullet

Most jarring ones for me are:

-Alpha -> coupe

-Exemplar/Felon/Jackal -> sedans

-Buffalo -> muscle

Adder

Entity XF

Zentorno

^ All 3 should be classed as hyper cars imo.