Spam PMs

Daz
Go to solution Solved by Tank,

I have gotten 3 spam PM's/hate mail in the past 24 hours, all from bot/random accounts created just for that very reason.

Is this frequent with other users or does someone out there have a crush on me?

None of it is original content neither.

I am disappointed.

Two of the accounts are not currently banned as of now, all PM's are reported.

Do we not have anti-bot countermeasures such as 'captcha' or email confirmation anymore?

kT8ve9H.png

It's not only you who gets hate PM's like that. The most common ones are "diaff", "die painfully", etc., as far as I noticed, and it's just a PBM who keeps creating new accounts. If you get those then report them and it will be dealt with.

• Solution

Thanks for reporting them. Looking at the member records, it appears you've been targeted specifically.

We have several anti-bot systems in place, as well as captcha and e-mail confirmation. I can only assume the initial registration was carried out by a human, or a very lucky bot.

However, to reduce the possibility of this happening again, I have added a new member group for new members that restricts PM abilities.

Please let us know if you receive any more.

Please do not PM staff regarding support issues - use The GTA Network Support Forum

Great idea. If you are required to have a certain number of posts or have been registered for a certain amount of time before being able to PM, that will most likely help a lot.

I first got them a couple months back but I believe it was only one at that time. But over the last few days I have had at least 4.

Thanks for the help, mate.

Edited by Daz
  • Like 2
kT8ve9H.png

Ai®a©ob®a

I have gotten 3 spam PM's/hate mail in the past 24 hours, all from bot/random accounts created just for that very reason.

I am disappointed.

Do we not have anti-bot countermeasures such as 'captcha' or email confirmation anymore?

Nope you aren't the only one.

Myself and other members too have gotten these wonderful love letters sometimes i troll em back for entertainment it's funny seeing how angry they get when they realize it didn't hurt your feelings.

My best reply is "I Love You, Marry Me?" after i report them of course

3aln5uP.jpg

You're trolling a bot dude, I don't think a non-sentient program is going to get "angry"...

Have fun wasting your time though. :^:

Edited by *MURDOC*
  • Like 3
38773_s.gif

I am disappointed.

Nope you aren't the only one.

Myself and other members too have gotten these wonderful love letters sometimes i troll em back for entertainment it's funny seeing how angry they get when they realize it didn't hurt your feelings.

My best reply is "I Love You, Marry Me?" after i report them of course

You're such a kidder!

Ai®a©ob®a

You're trolling a bot dude, I don't think a non-sentient program is going to get "angry"...

Have fun wasting your time though. :^:

No not the ones that were sent to me.

The replies i got weren't bot replies like Tank said they are PBM members who keep making new accounts and screwing with people,

3aln5uP.jpg

People can set up an account themselves and have a bot send PM's for them.
Weird, but true.

Also, there's a good chance that if it was an actual person, they probably didn't even look at your reply.

38773_s.gif

Yeah this has happened to me as well in the past... It does to be seem to be a bot based on how creative the insults are...always about sex and rape.

6IBTBOM.png

Ai®a©ob®a

People can set up an account themselves and have a bot send PM's for them.

Weird, but true.

Also, there's a good chance that if it was an actual person, they probably didn't even look at your reply.

Except they replied everytime & You do know you can check to see when they read the msg last right?

3aln5uP.jpg

I got a spam PM also a few day back from a member called briands45373 that just said

die painfully thx.

Terminated him.

– overeducated wonk who fetishises compromise

PerfectBlade

i got a PM from a guy like this too..but a month ago i think..Raavi terminated him as usuall. :D

Am I the only one here who doesn't get these messages? That forever alone feel haunts me.

chrisscorsese88

I got one a long time ago, but so far it's been only once, haven't gotten any recently. Hopefully these nice mods have done something to prevent us from getting any more of these nuisances.

Jolly Swagman

Ive been getting them more often lately. They make me chuckle. My favorite one advised me they hoped I get raped by a wombat.

• Like 3

Ive been getting them more often lately. They make me chuckle. My favorite one advised me they hoped I get raped by a wombat.

I got one about a rusty pipe & my colon.... bots have seen too many Saw films.

• Like 2
6IBTBOM.png

Jolly Swagman

I got one about a rusty pipe & my colon.... bots have seen too many Saw films.

Mine are always too personalised to be bots. Were you lucky enough to get some off this K9LZ1 guy a month or so ago? Quite a few of us did. Had a swatstika flag as an avatar if that jogs the memory.

I got this one a few months back.

CAivWSo.png

Probably not a bot though, just a sad human being.

kT8ve9H.png

chrisscorsese88

This is the first one I got a few months back, it says "Sent Today" because I saved the image on that day, but I never uploaded it.

qahArim.png

That member has been banned by now. This second one is one I got just over 12 hours ago. I already reported it and he/it got banned.

i0FwoAC.png

This is the first one I got a few months back, it says "Sent Today" because I saved the image on that day, but I never uploaded it.

That member has been banned by now. This second one is one I got just over 12 hours ago. I already reported it and he/it got banned.

l thought it was a bot when l first got a Spam PM, but it might be a PBM because they usually go offline after they sent the message. The guy that sent you the message has been a member for 3 days, so it might be a PBM. l could be wrong though because the bots have random letters and numbers in their name.

chrisscorsese88

l thought it was a bot when l first got a Spam PM, but it might be a PBM because they usually go offline after they sent the message. The guy that sent you the message has been a member for 3 days, so it might be a PBM. l could be wrong though because the bots have random letters and numbers in their name.

Yea it's possible, not sure why a PBM would say "diaff" to me randomly (or what "diaff" even means) but I tend to shrugs these off and never respond.

MyMothersMySister

Die In A f*cking Fire

Messiah To The Animals

#Cyclop9

So they can't even be bothered to type it all out any more? :p

Yeah same creep, must have no life to keep doing the same ol routine , must be a fat lonely loser