GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Kill/Death Ratio: What counts?

ninjaontour

ninjaontour

The title says it all, what counts towards KDR online?

Does it register death by cop/car/fall or just PvP kills and deaths? Is this verifiable in any way?

It must be everything - cops and NPC's included, because I sure as hell haven't killed 4,500 players.

Edited by Darth_Rob

in gmae stats show PvP

The site stats show PvP + NPC + Natural

Edited by Wug

ninjaontour

So the stats in my signature by that logic are all PvP, not including suicides? That doesn't seem right to be honest.

darkwar854

I thought this thread was going to say that KD ratio and all of that doesn't mean anything... Feeling disappointed.

• Like 4

rsz_tupacpct202pacpct20therepct20arepct2

ninjaontour

I thought this thread was going to say that KD ratio and all of that doesn't mean anything... Feeling disappointed.

It doesn't mean anything, I'm simply asking what counts towards it. KDR in an autoaim game should never be an issue lol.

• Like 1

My guess is that gta5stats.com calculates it by your overall kills and deaths, NPC's and suicides included, and R* just calculates PVP.

ninjaontour

My guess is that gta5stats.com calculates it by your overall kills and deaths, NPC's and suicides included, and R* just calculates PVP.

See, this is what I mean, we're all operating on guesswork. Is there any verifiable source which references this information?

R* provides too much information and doesn't provide enough of the right information to really go beyond that, guess work. As far as I know. I figure if you were really interested you could pour over the SClub stats and figures and do some math. That's a lot of effort though for something that should be better formatted from the start.

It'd be much simpler if "K/D" only applied to DM/TDM.

That said they're still numbers that don't really matter, especially with how they're tracked. Unfortunately.

Edited by G37
  • Like 1

Well, do the math.

kills / deaths = KDR.

Here's my R* KDR info:

Total players killed 214

Total deaths by players 271

Player vs Player Kill / Death ratio 0.79

214/271 = .79

Edited by Darth_Rob

CarimboHanky

i have tested this before and the stats on our signature only show pvp kills/deaths.

after all there are 2 separated stats on the social club.

one that show the PvP kills and the other that show kills in general which include players, npc and cops.

in my case my total kills = 27,730. with a total of 15,516 player kills.

• Like 1

It doesn't, I'd have a hell of a higher K/D ratio if I was a pussy and backed down from 2 on 1s, stayed out of group killing, etc.

It's all dependent on your playing style

i have tested this before and the stats on our signature only show pvp kills/deaths.

one that show the PvP kills and the other that show kills in general which include players, npc and cops.

I don't think I've SEEN a total of 15,000 players.

Omnifarious

Yeah, I can confirm that gta5stats.com's sig stats are for player kills/deaths from players only.

Irish O'African

K/D Ratio does not matter at all. It just gives people something stupid to brag about.

• Like 1

The one visible to other players in lobbies is PvP, the same as the ones on the gtavstats signatures.

• Like 1

CatchMeTrolling

You have a PvP Kdr & a general KDR Including all your kills & deaths, NPC or player. But the one shown in sigs & in game is PvP only.

• Like 1

8xtwxyH.gifk3h9l.png

Mikeol1987

wow and I thought I played the game too much.

KDR is a useless stat in this game anyway. I say Don't worry about it

RIP Rockstar Games

1998 - 2021

its easy to get a read if someone is bad usually if they have a extremely low KDR... but its hit or miss for players with high KDR...u got real skilled players then you got guys who just run around chasing 10 year olds in free roam all day...

Edited by H8GodMode

Yeah, I can confirm that gta5stats.com's sig stats are for player kills/deaths from players only.

...and haven't been updated in almost a week

CarimboHanky

you know if you visit the site and press the Update button it would refresh your stats...

you know if you visit the site and press the Update button it would refresh your stats...Nope, it does not

customkingpimp

my stats on GTAV stats update within 5 minutes of me shutting off my console.

ninjaontour

You have a PvP Kdr & a general KDR Including all your kills & deaths, NPC or player. But the one shown in sigs & in game is PvP only.

Thanks pal. This is what I wanted to know. Got a source?

you know if you visit the site and press the Update button it would refresh your stats...
Nope, it does not

You two are talking about different sites.

JamesPnell

All I know is I kill myself about 40 times a day for one reason or another. Not sure how that affects the Kdr.

ninjaontour

The one visible to other players in lobbies is PvP, the same as the ones on the gtavstats signatures.

Proof?

Warlordfrost

Start, stats, career

Player kills 6782

Player deaths 2058

Kd 3.30

Suicides don't count against your Kd, and to actually find your real gun vs gun Kd (which is what alot of death match crews use for recruiting) you'd have to go to the social club and add your kills on players with all your guns vs your player deaths. Tanks/cars/helicopters/jets etc won't be represented in your social club gun kills

Proof?

Logic? Waste of forum space.

Does the suicide option in the interaction menu count as a death from player?