GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

JB700 Decommissioned Without Guns?

QuackinAColdOne

QuackinAColdOne

Is there a way to get the JB700 without the mounted guns? I want to make a replica of the Ferrari from Tower Heist:

towerheist_011907_c20.jpg

I would've called it a 1963 Ferrari 250 GT Lusso instead of referencing it as a car from a mediocre movie, a poor man's Ocean's, with many, many mistakes

QuackinAColdOne

Keep dreaming Gage

That's the attitude of a 30-year-old officer worker. I will keep dreaming, Teagle.

I would've called it a 1963 Ferrari 250 GT Lusso instead of referencing it as a car from a mediocre movie, a poor man's Ocean's, with many, many mistakes

I didn't know the model, on the movie... and mediocre you say?

tenpennyisplainevil

You think painting it red and removing the guns will even remotely make it resemble that Ferrari? How can you look at the JB700 and not think it's a DB5?

Anyway, sadly there's no option to remove them ATM. I believe there is a model for it, though, so perhaps it'll show up in legendary motors in the next update

Being able to remove them should have been an option. ill give you that, as for mine i wish the guns worked, hold LT after switching to the mounted guns by tapping x(on 360) until selected then pop pop pop drive-bys for days.

• Like 2

QuackinAColdOne

You think painting it red and removing the guns will even remotely make it resemble that Ferrari? How can you look at the JB700 and not think it's a DB5?

Anyway, sadly there's no option to remove them ATM. I believe there is a model for it, though, so perhaps it'll show up in legendary motors in the next update

Any other cars you think look like it? I personally think the JB700 resembles it the most of every car in the game, but go ahead, tell me what you think looks like it more.

**no sarcasm intended**

Just paint it grey and drive around like you are Sean Connery. Thats what I do.. Want to join my crew? Its called; her majesty's mi6. Now thats style brah👍

Destruction-Overdrive

Being able to remove them should have been an option. ill give you that, as for mine i wish the guns worked, hold LT after switching to the mounted guns by tapping x(on 360) until selected then pop pop pop drive-bys for days.

still rather them off completely. ruins the look of the car

still rather them off completely. ruins the look of the car

Hence the "being able to remove them should have been an option"

Too many cars in this game are "as-is" Like sadlers, barely any options, but you can randomly get one with a bully bar. I think Bully bars should be available for at least most of the Muscles and sedans and all the trucks.

but back on topic, yes removable.

Commander S

It'd be nice to have it as a 'fender' option in LSC - if nothing else, it'd be cool for faking 'retractable' guns in Snapmatic shots.

Personally like 'em, myself, but as someone who gets annoyed by the random variants of things like the Infernus/Voltic/clean Rebel that can't be customised (seriously - how hard would it be to make things like 'carbon roof', 'Baja bar', 'stock spoiler' customiseable options?), I sympathise with any other example of this in-game.

It'd be nice to have it as a 'fender' option in LSC - if nothing else, it'd be cool for faking 'retractable' guns in Snapmatic shots.

Personally like 'em, myself, but as someone who gets annoyed by the random variants of things like the Infernus/Voltic/clean Rebel that can't be customised (seriously - how hard would it be to make things like 'carbon roof', 'Baja bar', 'stock spoiler' customiseable options?), I sympathise with any other example of this in-game.

I sympathize with your sympathy. All options that come on a car should be addable OR removable. Simple as that. Want a convertible peyote but can only find hard tops? take it to LSC and get it swapped out! Want a pickup with Bullybars but can only find standard ones? Take it to LSC!

Seriously This should be a bigger thing.

screwloose88

should add it as an option, would buy 1 then. but it just looks to tacky with the guns i think.

surelys its a DB5, i always thought the JB700.

what does the JB stand for? i always thought it wasn't shortened and was just reference to james bond.

Commander S

Il-Shadow - with things like convertible cars, I can understand that it's not an option - the game treats them as separate cars. That's why the 'topless' versions were added with the 1.13 patch - if you've ever played around with the .url addresses of the Social Club vehicle page images, they've always been treated as such, even if not displayed publicly.

For example, add a '2' to the word 'banshee' at the end of this url, like so:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/images/games/GTAV/vehicles/324x177/banshee.jpg
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/images/games/GTAV/vehicles/324x177/banshee2.jpg

...is the difference between these two images:

banshee.jpgbanshee2.jpg

However, with things like the Rebel/Voltic/Infernus/Elegy/PCJ-600, those are essentially 'customisation options' ...that can't be customised. Which is pretty daft, IMO - particularly because patch 1.13 now makes it nigh-on impossible to order certain variants (you can't get the PCJ with a single large headlight now, apparently).

If R* adds those things to LSC, I'd be over the moon - and as for the JB 700, while the guns are modelled on the car itself, I don't see how hard it'd be to rework the code to make the guns a toggle-able option.

At the very least, if that's too much hard work (for example, if it can't be done, due to f*cking up the game mechanics of the functioning guns in GTA V story mode), add a 'civilian' model as a separate car - stripping the guns and then coding it as a brand new vehicle (not a regular JB 700 variant) would be no more difficult than adding any other new DLC car.

Of course, that'd require people to sell their existing JBs and buy the new model, which wouldn't be massively popular, but hey - at least it'd exist in-game.

Mikeol1987

Its annoying theres even guns on it at all to be honest I'd rather not have that single player mission at all n have the Jb without guns.

RIP Rockstar Games

1998 - 2021

adamsowilliams

there are two scenarios where i would consider getting this car; 1. the guns could be removed or 2. they would be working guns..... de-tractable working guns would be brilliant.

atm the car just looks like a cheap movie prop, which it is tbf.

Captain Mannering

JB700 is definitely a Aston Martin DB5, not a Ferrari. If you didn't know that then surely you've never watched James Bond 'Goldfinger'.