GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Non Contact/No slip streaming=AMAZING!

RealHoosier07

RealHoosier07

I have to say that this was one of the best things Rockstar has added so far. It's now time to see who the real good racers are. Not only is non-contact awesome, but the addition of no slip streaming in non-contact racing adds even more skill to it. Thank you Rockstar for making racing fun again! :)

Lance_Vance89

Yeah cause in real races you don't have any other cars around you...Or wait, yes you have!

Yeah cause in real races you don't have any other cars around you...Or wait, yes you have!

But they DO have a code of conduct, not like the sore losers in GTA where if they can't win, neither can you.

Tali vas Normandy

Not all the time you don't.

you "rubbing is racing" guys must be really bad at time trails

YAXQK18.gif

Lance_Vance89

But they DO have a code of conduct, not like the sore losers in GTA where if they can't win, neither can you.

Why bother racing if you aren't gonna bump into the opponents a bit? Just race alone then. If you are so stupid you host or race with catch up on you are to stupid to be alive anyway.

customkingpimp

I am glad to hear this, I am going to start racing again!

• Like 2

Lance_Vance89

Not all the time you don't.

you "rubbing is racing" guys must be really bad at time trails

So race alone then? What's so hard in that? You can try to hack the leaderboards as much as you want then.

Edited by Lance_Vance89

UnicornAssassin

If you are so stupid you host or race with catch up on you are to stupid to be alive anyway.

Irony.

customkingpimp

Why bother racing if you aren't gonna bump into the opponents a bit? Just race alone then. If you are so stupid you host or race with catch up on you are to stupid to be alive anyway.

You obviously are one of the people who wins races by pitting someone...

Lance_Vance89

If you are so stupid you host or race with catch up on you are to stupid to be alive anyway.

Irony.

I think you have to look up the word irony. One word spelled wrong when writing in a second language is not irony my little friend.

It's more irony that you believe that then my spelling error.

Edited by Lance_Vance89

cuti8tushu

I think they should make all cars the same speed in racing.

This way it's completely fair. It will be all about who can take the tightest turns lol.. Lol true racer right there

We need no light post contact NEXT!

The only thing I find this usefull for is for drag racing

Lance_Vance89

If your argument for this is now you can truly show what a great racer you are you should be screaming for manual gear shifts. It's pretty f****** lame to claim to be a good racer when you only have to accelerating and brake.

• Like 5

darkwar854

The only complaint I have is that on long races like Long Haul 2, or The Commute, it's kinda obvious who will win. The person in front. That is if they take the best line possible. It's probably better on regular tracks.

rsz_tupacpct202pacpct20therepct20arepct2

RealHoosier07

I've played many racing games that allow contact, but most good racers don't purposefully crash into you on a corner going 100mph. This game is notorious for that, so non-contact is the way to go. The community on this game is horrible in racing. I love non-contact because it shows who can actually race well without crashing someone to win the race. You can say what you want, but non-contact shows true racing ability.

FallingSanity

I've not raced yet, but I'm probably gonna only use non-contact in really crowded tracks. Ones that cross the whole freaking map, there's no reason for there to be non-contact.

Lance_Vance89

I've played many racing games that allow contact, but most good racers don't purposefully crash into you on a corner going 100mph. This game is notorious for that, so non-contact is the way to go. The community on this game is horrible in racing. I love non-contact because it shows who can actually race well without crashing someone to win the race. You can say what you want, but non-contact shows true racing ability.

No.

Edited by Lance_Vance89

Last time I checked Grand Theft Auto isn't real...... it's a video game

• Like 2

my thoughts exactly.

Adventureboy820

Irony.

LOL

FallingSanity

blah blah I'm really mad about this

Bumping here and there is fine - scraping here and there is FINE - little pushes and nudges are FINE - Purposefully ramming someone to hinder their efforts in a race is NOT FINE

The problem has nothing to do with the races, or with the systems or the mechanics or the controls, it has directly to do with those who just try to ruin the game. I've seen far too many players go from third, to second, to first, and then to last when they get rammed into a freaking wall and a do a kickflip into a river. If ramming was meant to be part of the races (excluding GTA Races) the physics engine would be a lot more in-depth, we'd have bullbars, we'd have spikes, we'd have all kind of stuff that is used for ramming. The most we get is roll cages, and if you'll see in the name, they're called roll cages, not ram cages.

At this point, you'd be blaming the victim of a car accident for not avoiding the person who hit them. It is not mulder84s fault he was hit by another player. It is the other players fault, for being a massive twat. More often than not players who ram only do it coz they can't handle turns or sharp curves well, and know they'll lose their place there.

So far, ramming only makes sense in Super races, because it's a little difficult to avoid ramming someone when you're going ~290mph. Beyond that, there is really no reason. If everyone's in the same car, with the same mods, on the same track, why ram anyone else? You've all been given the exact same chance now, the winner will be defined by skill, not their ability to be a raging asshole.

Edited by FallingSanity

aaaaaand I see we have our next dense specimen in the vein of Aesthetic, SFBryan & some sod who's name had 'ghost' in it.

Lovely.

6IBTBOM.png

I love the fact that non-contact is in, tired of people racing like it's Burnout.

• Like 3

I have to say that this was one of the best things Rockstar has added so far. It's now time to see who the real good racers are. Not only is non-contact awesome, but the addition of no slip streaming in non-contact racing adds even more skill to it. Thank you Rockstar for making racing fun again! :)

Tried it once. Will never try it again... Unless its some sort of stunt track.

It was the dullest, most boring so called race i was ever in. The fact that none of the drivers are in competition for space or gaining anything on each other made it pointless.

Its not race... Its just a time trial against other players. And it looks stupid as hell watching everyone blob up not fighting for anything but the fastest time.

f*ck No Contact. Unless you like pretend racing, real racing has contact.

• Like 3

I wouldn't say that, "real racing has contact." I would say that real racing has tangible cars that should be avoided and passed skillfully. But for those that don't enjoy getting rammed by randoms, non-contact does show who the best DRIVER is in the lobby, not necessarily the best racer.

"But real world racing has contact". It also has serious, permanent consequences for the sort of manoeuvres people regularly pull here. Death, for one. So what was your point exactly? Oh yeah, "I can't win without pitting" wasn't it?

You know, it's one thing to voice your opinion in the threads where people are talking about this. But to purposefully come into a thread that you know isn't about that, and start telling people that they are "to [sic] stupid to be alive" is just dowright disrespectful.

Edited by skunkcore

I wouldn't say that, "real racing has contact." I would say that real racing has tangible cars that should be avoided and passed skillfully. But for those that don't enjoy getting rammed by randoms, non-contact does show who the best DRIVER is in the lobby, not necessarily the best racer.

Well.. I meant contact as in having it turned ON.. Since people can turn it off its not really a race.

Funny thing is... When i tried it i was still trying to avoid players and not hit them. Guess its force of habbit.

The whole thing felt wrong. Having my space violated by a bunch of other drivers. All snuggled up.. :panic:

It was like a big weird high speed gang bang on wheels.

Another thing i find annoying is players now thinking anyone who likes CONTACT on is a some sort of ramming asshole. I mean, i hate cheap shotting rammers in pub games. But not enough to want to race ghosts I wanna race.. not just drive fast.

Edited by Vooodu
  • Like 6

Well.. I meant contact as in having it turned ON.. Since people can turn it off its make it not really a race.

Funny thing is... When i tried it i was still trying to avoid players and not hit them. Guess its force of habbit.

The whole thing felt wrong. Having my space violated by a bunch of other drivers. All snuggled up.. :panic:

It was like a big weird high speed gang bang on wheels.

Hahaha! Same thing happened with my crew. We put non-contact on for a race and still backed off of each other. Can't see myself using it unless it's a tight track where the starting grid position has an obvious and unfair advantage.