GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

What's the verdict on non-contact?

RAS_ZeroZ

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any races that were non-contact. I jumped all over the map trying to find one but after 40-50 attempts I just gave up. Anybody engage in a crowded non-contact race... how does it change the overall experience?

Truth is most GTA "Racers" like to play dirty & will take any opportunity to ram you off the road especially when you are cornering

Crunch McThornbody

This makes me think that if there was contact then the drivers would have to stop and swap insurance details ;)

Geisterfaust

I just hosted some non-contact races. Amazing, I may now start to race in GTA actually. It's the best mode for time-beating. Truth is, about 20% of all "racers" can drive, so it will not be very popular especially amongst yoloswaggers.

OP, host it, invite everybody. Invite me!

cuti8tushu

The only reason for non-contact that I can think of is to do drag races.. Now people can test vehicles more legitimately.

Tried one, it's lame ass...it's the racing equivalent of playing freeroam on passive mode

Geisterfaust

Tried one, it's lame ass...it's the racing equivalent of playing freeroam on passive mode

Do you like to ram people instead of racing? Or evade those kids?

It's a lot of fun. I played two races with random players, and three with a group of skilled racers. The best part is that your success or failure in the race is down to your skills, not the PIT skills of your competitors.

I tried to jump into about a dozen random races, didn't find a single non-contact one... which is pretty much what I predicted: that they'd be as rare as finding one where catch-up and slipstream are turned off. And I don't think it's cuz most hosts are dirty racers who can't win without a crutch, but just cuz most people don't bother changing the default (other than car class). Most of 'em don't know what catch-up or slipstream are, so they just leave 'em the way they are.

I did host a couple of non-contact ones, tho, and they were pretty cool. Nice to be able to finally see who's actually the best driver, instead of who's the best at wiping everyone else out (or luckiest to avoid the huge pile-up in the first turn)...

I just tried again and I couldn't find any non-contact races.... I thought people would be a lot more curious to play with this new option.

Couldn't find any.

What I constantly find is sh*tty user created races.

I will pwn you newbs

I managed to find one in free aim nonetheless. It was great. Racing will be a lot better now.

yoloswag420xd

I tried so many times...people just are too lazy to change the default settings.

I even ended up in a sh*tty user-created race where you had to do 10 laps around the TinselTowers LSC...there was a huge pile-up in the first 2 seconds lol. :D

Couldn't find any.

What I constantly find is sh*tty user created races.

Ya, I noticed this while jumping around the map... so many silly looking user created races "Super JUMPZ!! 3XXXX" kind of crap.

TheJasonGallant

It's pretty cool but I think playing with contact is cool too.

It's pretty cool but I think playing with contact is cool too.

Definitely... demolition derbys can be a lot of fun, especially with crewmates when you know nobody has ill intentions, but sometimes they do LOL :)

Edited by RAS_ZeroZ

Ended up in a no-contact marathon. Had fun. Mixes things up a bit.

Do you like to ram people instead of racing? Or evade those kids?Ram if I'm rammed first...and avoid a spin out

I've no idea, because I don't know how to start a non-contact race.

As host, change the "Race Type" option (default is "standard")...

Edited by Daniel_B