GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Freezing and crashing is even worse.

TEXAGGIE-12thMAN

TEXAGGIE-12thMAN

In the last 30 minutes my system has froze 3 times. The 2nd time I was literally in the lobby 3-4 seconds. This is ****in unbelievable.

In the last 30 minutes my system has froze 3 times. The 2nd time I was literally in the lobby 3-4 seconds. This is ****in unbelievable.

just a little curious...are you an everyday player? if not, how often do you play?

No. Dont say that. My gaming was ruined in the middle of a most fukcing awesome Deathmatch last night.

Black Rabbit

I'm sure it's just the immense amount of people logging in to get the High Life update. They'll calm down and the servers will revert to normal.

I knew it. I'm no nerd but the more stuff that gets added, the more the game seems to feck up. My game mostly freezes in solo lobbies, and less in public. I bet it gets worse when heists are added. Watch it freeze up the moment you nearly finish it lol.

YogurtStorm

You play on PS3?

Shut off your system, hold power button until it turns on and turns back off. Hold the power button again until you hear three consecutive beeps and quickly release power.

Do both: Rebuild database and Restore filesystem.

This will clear up the useless stuff in your system that is affecting performance. I did this and my system runs clean now!

CatchMeTrolling

Didnt freeze yet but i did get a "not compatible" msg a few times.

8xtwxyH.gifk3h9l.png

YoungR3B3L

7 times in under an hour. Yes I counted.

Hope its just the people trying to get the new update and not my 2-month PS3 crapping out on me.

I noticed they all only happened in a lobby full of players and sometimes happens when I use the phone.

7th time I was mass modding my new zentorno and I got PISSED.

Didnt freeze yet but i did get a "not compatible" msg a few times.

i got that last night too.. it was when i tried to swap characters.

Black Rabbit

You play on PS3?

Shut off your system, hold power button until it turns on and turns back off. Hold the power button again until you hear three consecutive beeps and quickly release power.

This will clear up the useless stuff in your system that is affecting performance. I did this and my system runs clean now!

Hopefully this isn't a troll post of sorts as I am technologically un-savvy and have wanted to perform something like this on my PS3 for awhile now.

Thank you (I think).

RajunCajun88

You play on PS3?

I have to do this every day I play gta. It doesn't do sh*t. No other game freezes this much...it's gta, not the system.

On PS3, go to Game Data Utility and delete the GTA V game file that is like 200MB (NOT the 8GB one) and start up GTA V...this will re-download all updates and may fix the issue, I did it earlier and haven't had a problem...yet...

I've frozen about 5 times in 40 mins.

Every time I try to quick start a job from the menu I freeze. :angry::angry::angry:

Tehbrandasaur

Well I haven't checked since I got p***d off and stopped playing this morning, but I think It'll still freeze since there wasn't a crash/freeze fix in the patch notes.

Edited by Tehbrandasaur

4 Times in 2 hours and counting. It's nothing to do with more demand on the servers, I don't recall it freezing 24/7 on release day. The way I see it; the consoles were at capacity when the game was released and now they add patches and DLC the consoles obviously can't handle it. It will only get worse by the looks of it and wait till SP DLC/Heists come out. By then the game will probably be unplayable.

Lmfao, it's funny because in the last patch everyone cried about freezing and I've never encountered it on my PS3.. first thing that happens in the first 20 minutes of this new patch, lo and behold, freeze!

I wasn't even mad, I honestly smiled and turned off my PS3 after ejecting the disc.

spacer.png