GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

This Mentality State stat is stupid!

Remmer

Okay so do Rockstar actually look at the pro's and con's when releasing new features??

I mean come on, this mentality state is flawed beyond belief! Just because I have had to defend myself from players killing me, I am being punished by being shown as an unfriendly player and more of a target to other people in the lobby. Not only that, does this mentality state ever go down or are we stuck as being shown as an unfriendly player?!

I swear Rockstar never even think of these things when bringing out new features..Absolutely useless.

crashhat69

it's a good idea but it's poorly executed. how are we supposed to know if someone has a bounty on their head if EVERYONE'S blip turns red?!

Yes it is certainly a step up from bad sport lobbies but I mean come on? seriously? They never even seemed to factor in the chance of friendly players trying to defend themselves against other players OR killing their friends in a private lobby for a bit of fun? They need to find a way to balance this the right way because I can't even drive down the street without being shot at now or my PV's being blown up which now, I HAVE TO PAY FOR.

lozzy1234567890

it's a good idea but it's poorly executed. how are we supposed to know if someone has a bounty on their head if EVERYONE'S blip turns red?!

Bounties still have the black cross and now show as a skull rather than just a red dot. Easy to tell the difference.

crashhat69

looks like im gonna start playing in invite only lobby for now on. i had a feeling this new update was gonna be problematic

Bounties still have the black cross and now show as a skull rather than just a red dot. Easy to tell the difference.

i thought someone with a bounty had a red dot instead of a white dot, i don't remember the red dot having a black cross

Now you can't even defend yourself from other fags killing you with a tank. Great idea Rockstar! f*cking great idea that was! haha

Soran Is On

bounties are now skulls, and if you don't like being hunted stay in passive mode. Cause I'm gonna be f*cking griefers up like the plague.

Now you can't even defend yourself from other fags killing you with a tank. Great idea Rockstar! f*cking great idea that was! haha

How is defending yourself from a tank going to increase your psychopathy... f*ckin people complaining without knowing or seeing how it works at all.

If you don't like it don't play, fukko's

Edited by stonedpimpso

ThiagoSilva

I like it.

You are beyond correct, we're not supposed to shoot each other in this game. Everyone should get along, and while we're at it, we should probably change the name of the game.

• Like 3

Dicks get get to play with other dicks and good dudes get to play with other good dudes.

I see nothing wrong with that.

• Like 2

Soran Is On

Dicks get get to play with other dicks and good dudes get to play with other good dudes.

I see nothing wrong with that.

its isn't bad sport... people will just get to hunt griefers. If you are creating too much insanity in free roam you'll soon be made a target. what's so hard about this concept?

and if your starting to become unhinged and don't want to be targeted cool your jets in a mission or two. This is adding another fantastic dynamic to free roam, there should be a lot more of this kind of stuff.

Blue dots for people trafficking drugs, Purple dots for players requesting assitance, yellow dots for people that are paramedics... that kind of stuff

Edited by stonedpimpso
  • Like 3

I like it.

1You are beyond correct, we're not supposed to shoot each other in this game. 2Everyone should get along, and while we're at it, we should probably change the name of the game.

1. There are no written rules of how to play GTA, and since guns are highly featured, it obvious that it's all about ripping each other to pieces, using bullets.
  2. That's how the Sims works out.

fGvIGuc.png

ExtremeTorque

We got bored of white blips all these months so Rockstar took care of it and now we will all have red blips.

If you have a bounty on you,this is your best chance to camouflage.

• Like 2

If the argument is "this is GTA not the Sims" then why don't you people welcome the fact that people will come after you if you have a red dot? Shouldn't being a psychopath be something you strive to achieve, I mean, this is GTA not the Sims, after all.

Yeah what the f*ck!

So I whoop some ass to defend myself only to get permanently marked as a target?!

So unbelievably stupid! What if I just want to find friendly players?! give me a f*cking friendly fire lobby you dumbasses!

R* needs to quit half assing this bullsh*t

Edited by JayDM420
  • Like 1

Crunch McThornbody

Approximately 15 f*cking hours in real time for the Mental State to completely cool off from being at max is severely taking the piss, especially if you get into a firefight with police for 10 minutes you can rack up 100 minutes cool-off on your Mental State bar.

If that stat increases because you killed a lot of NPCs, why don't they run away when you get near?

Everyone's walking around in this game with the contents of a survivalist's personal weapon stash and we're not supposed to kill anyone? Then why are we allowed to even use them in freeroam?

It's complete BULLSH!T.

Edited by Crunch McThornbody

I like it.

1You are beyond correct, we're not supposed to shoot each other in this game. 2Everyone should get along, and while we're at it, we should probably change the name of the game.

1. There are no written rules of how to play GTA, and since guns are highly featured, it obvious that it's all about ripping each other to pieces, using bullets.
  2. That's how the Sims works out.

1. Well since cars are 'highly featured' its obvious that its all about driving and racing each other.

*facepalm* You are an idiot lol

crashhat69

so your mental state does increase if you're defending yourself against other players?

ugotsmoked

Some like it...some dont...

/thread

bane.jpg

Cause I'm gonna be f*cking griefers up like the plague.

Then you will get a red dot and someone just like you will come after you because your a "griefer", then he will get a red dot etc, and so every lobby will turn into a killfest where everyone will be either maxing their mental stat, killing griefers or shooting people in paranoia (inadvertently increasing their mental stat) because their blip is red from shooting cops, defending themselves or running over npc's. Have fun ;)

1. Well since cars are 'highly featured' its obvious that its all about driving and racing each other.

Cars are necessary to get around and and has an aesthetic appeal, plus you can only drive one car at once and you can shoot from it. Also, how many activities are about racing and how many are about gunning each other down?

If it wasn't for you calling Chrille an idiot I would have thought you were joking.

*facepalm* you make yourself look like an idiot when calling people idiots + you fail hard at comparisons.

Edited by D3ViOU5
  • Like 3

Soran Is On

Cause I'm gonna be f*cking griefers up like the plague.

Then you will get a red dot and someone just like you will come after you because your a "griefer", then he will get a red dot etc, and so every lobby will turn into a killfest where everyone will be either maxing their mental stat, killing griefers or shooting people in paranoia (inadvertently increasing their mental stat) because their blip is red from shooting cops, defending themselves or running over npc's. Have fun ;)

Cars are necessary to get around and and has an aesthetic appeal, plus you can only drive one car at once and you can shoot from it. Also, how many activities are about racing and how many are about gunning each other down?

If it wasn't for you calling Chrille an idiot I would have thought you were joking.

*facepalm* you make yourself look like an idiot when calling people idiots + you fail hard at comparisons.

Killing a psycho once every 15 mins will not get me labeled as a psycho, and if I start to get unhinged and I don't wanna be a target then I just calm the f*ck down for a little bit.

Here's the caveat, If you don't wanna be labeled a f*cking psycho don't be a f*cking psycho. Tank rampages and constant constant pvp (defensive or not) will label you as such so if you don't wanna be hunted by me then sit your ass down and crank out some missions.

This is a mechanic design to target griefers primarily as I see it but will also include some of the more trigger happy (not just pvp) players. Which I'm fine with because I can practice restraint should I need to.

If your a butthurt whiny bitch then go back to story mode and stay the f*ck out of my city.

Edited by stonedpimpso
  • Like 3

As much as I hate NPCs affecting this player stat it is pretty easy to get rid of... before going to bed, walk into your apartment... and tape down L2 so you don't time out. In the morning you'll almost be back to normal.

Edited by RAS_ZeroZ

Soran Is On

On a side note, smoking the bong should alleviate your mental sate.

Edited by stonedpimpso

rushhour250

your mentality state goes up for using weapons. you dont even have to shoot anyone

XxX19Dude95XxX

killing peds also makes it go up

Edited by bikerman3