GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Mental state stat is essentially a better version of bad sport

JimmySaville'd

Agree with thread title or nah?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Agree with title?

JimmySaville'd

All psycho players are matched together, and all normal white blips will also be matched together, so why is everyone annoyed about that? surely its a good thing that the psycho's who kill everything that moves and the normal players who go on to do something productive are separated?

or am I missing something?

I hardly killed anyone just ran over some NPCs, and I have half of the first bar. Assuming it doesn't go down, everyone will be psychos quite quickly.

• Like 2

JimmySaville'd

I hardly killed anyone just ran over some NPCs, and I have half of the first bar. Assuming it doesn't go down, everyone will be psychos quite quickly.

Yeah but the psycho meter goes up mich higher when killing players over NPC's

JimmySaville'd

The bar does go down though...

and? if its gone down then clearly they're not currently in a psycho frame of mind and are less likely to pump your ass full of lead

smokingndriving

I can kinda agree with that. I think the new feature is overly sensitive, but I do think that it creates an interesting dynamic. I've noticed people back off from me who were heading in my direction.

Edited by smokingndriving

JimmySaville'd

I can kinda agree with that. I think the new feature is overly sensitive, but I do think that it creates an interesting dynamic. I've noticed people back off from me who were heading in my direction.

Exactly, I mean the very aggressive players who just kill for fun are all essentially put together which is what people on these forums complain about most... That they always get killed for no reason, and now when R* have tried to fix it, they bitch and moan still?

and? if its gone down then clearly they're not currently in a psycho frame of mind and are less likely to pump your ass full of lead

If it turns out to not be adjusted properly that will be adjusted later, I'm sure. I'm curious about the fact that damaging property also allegedly adds to your psycho meter :) Does lampposts counts? Those damn lampposts

No its not...badsports only play with bad sports...they can't play with good sport crew mates or friends....a psychopath can still enter ANY free roam session...better beware.

It is not a good gauge of bad sportsmanship. You can be an aggressive player and not be a tank douche or a wallbreacher.

Punish people for cheating; not for being better free aim shots than you are.

Edited by Kid SixXx

MarshallGunsling

Just beated the crap out of an ignorant NPC who hit me when I was waiting on a red light.... got psycho meter up... :X

it doesn't distinguish between player kills and NPC high-jinks. poor implementation of what ought to have been a very useful feature for assessing the session one has just spawned in.

i'm personally offended to be labelled a psycho for killing several hundred cops.

• Like 3

It would be useful if it indicates how other people interact with players rather than tell how bullet happy they are. I'm not interested in how many hookers you've killed. I've been there.

R* was drunk when they made the mental state stat. What does killing NPCs have to do with being a psycho?

Edited by cookiemonster14
  • Like 1

MarshallGunsling

I would be a psychopat if I don't kill these lame NPCs... all of these have vendetta on you when in traffic.

Is it based on kd or just kills?

And I think it's stupid, especially since it makes making friends a lot more difficult in free roam. Sometimes I may want to kill as many people as I want, and sometimes I may just want to play peacefully and not have people judge you.

Also is it all reset or do your current number of kills affect your mental state?

AccountNoLongerUsed

It shouldnt track what i do in SOLO MODE. It better go down over time.

MarshallGunsling

It has to detect your reactions against other player, not NPCs, that's for sure.

• Like 1

JimmySaville'd

If it turns out to not be adjusted properly that will be adjusted later, I'm sure. I'm curious about the fact that damaging property also allegedly adds to your psycho meter :) Does lampposts counts? Those damn lampposts

I thought it was just related to killing people or harming them? Not completely sure though

It is not a good gauge of bad sportsmanship. You can be an aggressive player and not be a tank douche or a wallbreacher.

Punish people for cheating; not for being better free aim shots than you are.

Who cares how you do it, if you kill other players for no reason all the time then that makes you a psycho and you should be put in a lobby with other psycho's who like doing the same thing.

Where was it said that it affects Matchmaking?

On the newswire/patch notes, have a read and you'll see it somewhere

I was just listening to a bunch of people having a fun little battle around the maze bank area.. having a good time and laughing. They were all pink after 15-20 minutes.

JimmySaville'd

Lets hope this gets adjusted to player kills only.

agreed. The NPC thing is definitely stupid

xInfamousRYANx

Npc kills are stupid to get mental for. Its also stupid how fast you earn psycho

JimmySaville'd

HE KILLED SOME PEDESTRIANS IN GTA, f*ckING PSYCHO I'M LEAVING THE SESSION

KIlling players makes the psycho bar go higher much faster than killing NPC's. Also killing the odd NPC here and there doesn't exactly make you a fully fledged psycho, and who actually goes into free roam just to kill a sh*t ton of NPC's anyway? its rare, people go on to mostly kill other players

i'm personally offended to be labelled a psycho for killing several hundred cops.

this quote is the best part of the High Life update.

Yeah but the psycho meter goes up mich higher when killing players over NPC's

...with no difference whether it was a random kill, spawn kill, or defense kill