GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

3 snipe shots blows up cars

supershocked

supershocked

I was doing coveted and testing a theory, for normal cars not SUV or vans if you shot twice with a sniper(heavy) above the tyre it blows up but for SUVs it doesn't work so in the corner of the tyres if you shot 3 sniper bullets it blows up. this comes handy in coveted since the two cars on the other hill I aim at the corners and blows up and the canister with two shots blows up the people making it really quick to finish coveted. did anyone else know this?

• Like 1

Cool, I'll have to try this out for myself.

Thanks OP :)

hornedturtle

it only takes one shot if you get it in the right place.

it only works on one side of the car.

One shot if heavy sniper, straight to the fuel tank in the wheel arch. Killed many many people this way in Online. SUVs or sedans.

• Like 2

supershocked

I figured this out when I saw on domislive YouTube channel,. it showed if you aim at a pv above the tyres only 2 shots the car blows up, I have done this to other players cars from far range, but when I tried on a suv I found out u needed 3 snipes but to the corner of the tyre.

anyways once I spawned on the coveted mountain and there were two players in there cars really far away near the train track. I could barely see them so I just took aim two shots and his bike or car blow up killing him then I aimed again at his friend same thing and it blow up, must be a fluke. I wish I recorded that and posted it here. best sniping from me ever. it looks like the more time I spend using the sniper the better I get

sash2k4plus

I you want more info fast forward to 0:32 in this video:

Zoots Remuvah

Can do it with one shot aiming anywhere on the vehicle...

... requires an RPG though...

:D

well, in my startmenu, coveted has been removed, what can i do? playlists?

supershocked

here's the vid, for suv you aim a bit below the tyres and u need 3 shots

http://youtu.be/bV2bvlEdEwY

well, in my startmenu, coveted has been removed, what can i do? playlists?

yeh the playlistX16 I have one

Edited by supershocked

It doesn't make Coveted any faster because you don't need to kill the guys on the other side.

and you have to wait for Bob to land anyways

PalmIsland

It is possible to destroy an car with 1 shot if you hit the perfect spot right above the wheel about 12 o'clock. It seems to be best if done on the left wheel on rear shaft.

I have destroyed many car with 1 shot with pistol with this method. But sometimes the car does not explode so I have to shot several times with pistol before it explodes, probably because I don't hit the perfect spot good enough.

Edited by PalmIsland

You're All Going To Die Down Here

Happy_Killstick

Am i missing something? because last time i checked the SUVs in Coveted needed 12-20 shots from the Heavy Sniper no matter where on the SUV i hit.

Sanchez needs 2-3 shots though.

supershocked

Am i missing something? because last time i checked the SUVs in Coveted needed 12-20 shots from the Heavy Sniper no matter where on the SUV i hit.

no only need 3 shots the ones on the other hill if you aim at the corner of the tyre 3 snipes blow it up. I tested it on the suv below the hill first and it worked. if I had a good camera I would record how I did it.

If you try to slam a armourless vehicle, it'll blow up in 2 mags or so of a suppressed rifle

Does shooting the license plate area will also blow the car up?If I remember correctly that's where the fuel tank is right?

Motorcycles only need one shot if you hit the fill cap.

supershocked

in single player the conqueete has a whole on the hood, if u shoot it fuel leaks out and if you shoot the fuel the flame follows the car until you stop then the car blows up but in online it doesn't do the same thing.

WTFThisIsntWii

Tried doing it in real life, you can't blow up a car by putting a round through the fuel/gas tank. If you use a tracer or incendiary round the fuel/gas tank will only catch on fire won't explode. The explosion only occurs if using a tracer or incendiary round and shooting into a prssurised gas tankm

I was going to say, it actually takes only one shot. I see plenty of people have beaten me to it, though. I discovered this the same way OP did, shooting the Grangers in Coveted.

BoJack Cognac

for normal cars not SUV or vans if you shot twice with a sniper(heavy) above the tyre it blows up but for SUVs it doesn't work so in the corner of the tyres if you shot 3 sniper bullets it blows up. did anyone else know this?

Yes. Yes, I did. Within the first week of playing GTA Online.

What happens is the gas line ruptures a lot of the time when you shoot right above and slightly to the left of the driver's-side rear tire. A shot after that makes it blow up, but that doesn't always mean gas will spill. 3 shots to any car or SUV with the heavy sniper makes it blow up. A quick way to blow up cars is just use your auto-shotgun and fire above the driver's-side rear tire.

Its a single shot, that's the normal way to play coveted. The auto pistol gets me in trouble a lot because it hits everywhere including one in the tank...

Edited by elfoam

Aaron030792

Interesting, I'll have to try this out. Thanks for that OP. :^:

I found out yesterday that with the heavy sniper, you can take down the Atomic Blimp in 5 shots.

for normal cars not SUV or vans if you shot twice with a sniper(heavy) above the tyre it blows up but for SUVs it doesn't work so in the corner of the tyres if you shot 3 sniper bullets it blows up. did anyone else know this?

What happens is the gas line ruptures a lot of the time when you shoot right above and slightly to the left of the driver's-side rear tire. A shot after that makes it blow up, but that doesn't always mean gas will spill. 3 shots to any car or SUV with the heavy sniper makes it blow up. A quick way to blow up cars is just use your auto-shotgun and fire above the driver's-side rear tire.

It's one shot. Start listening/learning.

Coveted grangers, RR grangers, any NPC car. One shot. I killed someone trying to snipe me off the roof of Maze Bank yesterday with my first shot, because he was in cover behind a car.

One shot, around 10'o'clock on the rear left wheel arch..

Edited by Gridl0k

Aaron030792

Really Gridl0k?

I'm gonna try that in a while when I go online. :^:

BoJack Cognac

It's one shot. Start listening/learning.

Coveted grangers, RR grangers, any NPC car. One shot. I killed someone trying to snipe me off the roof of Maze Bank yesterday with my first shot, because he was in cover behind a car.

One shot, around 10'o'clock on the rear left wheel arch..

Nah. The car must have taken damage already.

Unless it's ONLY Grangers that do this, in which case I haven't shot enough Grangers to find out. Beat up a car by taking it off jumps and stuff and then shoot it once above the driver's-side rear tire and it'll blow up.

Edited by BoJack Cognac

Surprised to find people didn't know this. On release I saw a car leaking fuel after being shot which then ignited. Not sure if that translated into online or not. Haven't seen that happen in months but definitely the heavy sniper takes out a car in one shot. I do it 100 times a day to the SUV inside RR from the spawn point.

Nah. The car must have taken damage already.

Unless it's ONLY Grangers that do this, in which case I haven't shot enough Grangers to find out. Beat up a car by taking it off jumps and stuff and then shoot it once above the driver's-side rear tire and it'll blow up.

I shall fire up my Capture Card and see what I can do to demonstrate this ;)

Gritty Garvey

boss post OP!! Now the game gets deadly............

can't wait to try this.

Edited by MagnumOpuz

CarimboHanky

yep that normally happen when you shoot to the back tire on the driver side... takes 2-3 depending on the accuracy, i have blow cars with just 1 shot.

same thing goes for bikes, normally 1 shot from the heavy sniper into the gas tank = big boom!!!

i have earned many bad sport warnings thanks to that tank snipe shot!