Have you ever bought a cash card?

Jizzle2014

Jizzle2014

I have spent a WHOPPING total of 25 bucks on cash cards and I don't regret it it's kind of fair considering I got billions of dollars from hackers on my ps3 file so when I started my Xbox file I had some money left over that I didn't need so I bought a card for 200k an when valentines update came out I got the 1.2 mil has anyone else ever sunk as low as a man can sink and buy cash cards? How much have you spent if so?

Jizzle2014

I'm more of a heroin man myself

• Like 3

Red Lynx 23

I'll confess to spending ten dollars for a five hundred thousand dollar GTA Money cash card. It was either my destruction or fast car addiction, and I either used it towards a tank or my Adder.

jammyoharasmith

yeah i got a 500k one when the roosevelt was out because i really wanted it and i didn't have very much money but other than that then no

Edited by jammyoharasmith

Jizzle2014

yeah i got a 500k one when the roosevelt was out because i really wanted it and i didn't have very much money but other than that then no

Yeah I bought my million dollar card for the Roosevelt too

Coreyandy5

Nope I save money I usually only buy car upgrades, until the dlcs come out then when I have no money it's rooftop rumble grind time :)

• Like 1

ashbashbluesfan

I bought 2 before I knew about any high paying missions, I started playing a few weeks late and everyone already had great cars so I wanted to catch up.

I'd never do it now though, not with missions like coveted and RR.

• Like 2

Commander S

On the one hand, I reckon that R*'s optional microtransactions/free DLC approach is one of the few ways to do it right in the industry - because it's entirely optional, and doesn't really alter the way the game plays. You're just getting 'stuff' quicker - it's not like you're paying for anything that gives you an edge in gameplay. And for those who don't buy them, the in-game $$$ cost of items is reasonable enough that you really can just earn everything through playing - unlike so many other games, where it's clear that the best items are locked behind a pay-wall.

That said, I'm hesitant to buy them, because apart from working in a profession where money isn't steady (and overheads/expenses are pretty steep!), I reckon that it's not in my best interests for enjoying the game long-term. Take something like buying a tank - oh, sure, I need to hit a certain rank to unlock it. But most of the effort and work is in earning that $1.5 million - just buying that much in real money with no effort takes all the reward out of doing so. I put in a fortnight's concerted work (not grinding, just saving and focusing on decent missions) to get a Buzzard, and part of my enjoyment of using it is due to having earned it.

At a stretch, the only thing I might justify the use of a shark card for would be paying for car performance upgrades. I've already got the cars, some of which cost me earned $$$, and put in the race time to unlock the parts - that's the 'effort' part done. Now, paying to get all those components fitted is a bit of a chore - not to mention sucking money away from my longer-term projects, like saving up for that aforementioned Tank...

• Like 3

Nope, I hate to admit it but II money glitched.

When the business update came out

I did it for me, I liked it

And I was good at it

I was ALIVE

• Like 1

I bought a Tiger Shark Card (200k) when I had $5 sitting in my account in November. Ended up paying for part of a Cheetah and some mods for it.

I might buy another one if I have the money and desperately need funds. As in, I could break my hand and not be able to play Rooftop Rumble.

Edited by ZeroSafe5615

I would rather spend my real money on things like Weed - I used glitches to generate my income lol

Everyone who bought a cash card is to blame for million dollar gold paint. Nice work.

Edited by SIM-1

Yeppers.. and I invested in an Adder, Apt, Bati, Mule.and a Rebel of course. :lol: $$$$

And I glitched that sh*t into millions!! :lol::lol:

Edited by Malibu454

haa ... sheeple playing into R* agenda .... I pity the fool!!!

BEES0FTHeMIND

I've spent enough on them to realize they're a complete waste of money. Especially buying them back when you couldn't sell personal super cars to customs, and Mini-Gun ammo would disappear if you died while using it. I basically just feel ripped off.

DoctorAnus

Yeah, I've bought one. But only because I had an Xbox gift card and I did't have anything else to spend it on. But otherwise, no.

Commander S

I've spent enough on them to realize they're a complete waste of money. Especially buying them back when you couldn't sell personal super cars to customs, and Mini-Gun ammo would disappear if you died while using it. I basically just feel ripped off.

That's my big problem, right there. The amount of in-game money that I've ended up throwing away - not just on disposable stuff like ammo, but irritating things, like having to sell an internet-bought car (for less than the original cost), because it's pure luck which version you get (see: Banshee/Infernus/Elegy/Coquette/Voltic).

That, and what if you wind up spending money on a vehicle, only to decide you'd rather sell it and get something else? Sure, you'll get something back, but not nearly what you spent originally on upgrades/paint/etc. - that's ok if you're only talking in-game $$$, but to fork out real money, only to effectively get a diminished return on your investment? Not something I fancy risking, frankly.

tronheisenberg

I buy at least one shark card per update. I look at it as saying thank you to rockstar for putting out free DLC's on a regular basis. I'm also a big CoD fan and with out even thinking drop $20 per update. Why not show rockstar the same kind of support? They put a lot of resources into these updates, and I for one have no problem spending $10-$20 every month or two just to experience everything this game has to offer instead of grinding away on rooftop for days in a row just to buy the cars I want.

• Like 1

Strikeslip

<---- Loser...

I bought $80 worth, then spent it on a garage full of upgraded cars. Days later the billion$ gifting began. I spent my money for nothing, could have had all the cars/upgrades for free.

<---- Loser...

I bought $80 worth, then spent it on a garage full of upgraded cars. Days later the billion$ gifting began. I spent my money for nothing, could have had all the cars/upgrades for free.

Ouch, that sucks

GraniteDevil

Two of them. $40 total.

IRL I'm used to paying for convenience. No different here.

Glockinmypocket

i've probably bought 10 1.2 million cards, 4-5 500,000, and 2 100,000 cards.

Hate it or love it, but I play the game to goof off with friends, not to spend my life in missions lol

i've probably bought 10 1.2 million cards, 4-5 500,000, and 2 100,000 cards.

Hate it or love it, but I play the game to goof off with friends, not to spend my life in missions lol

Actually, you have a good point. I like just driving around with friends screwing off...nice to have some cash on hand.

:whistle:

No, I have made $20 million legit, which so far has sufficed for everything I could ever want.

I had $5M set aside for this update, bought a new appt this morning and 4 or 5 sports + supers to get my second garage started. We'll see how long the money last when it comes to upgrades and also purchasing that VESTRA that I still want, but I will definitely work for the money, not buy any cards.

• Like 1

Commander S

Thing is, I would resent R* bitterly if they'd done like EA/Bioware with Mass Effect 3's multiplayer, where the only way to earn enough credits to earn the decent weapons/characters was to beat the nigh-on-impossible 'Gold' difficulty - and to do that, you had to have ...the decent weapons/characters that are really expensive. Or, you could just drop real money for credits, and buy them, ...with a randomised lottery system that often gives you duplicate, redundant items - oh well, looks like you're going to have to buy more credits with real money, eh?

Or mobile games like EA and Dungeon Keeper Mobile, where you technically 'can' play without spending any real money - but then you have to wait up to 24 hours between digging out individual blocks on the screen. That's right - tap once to start the action, then come back tomorrow to do the same tedious, needlessly-drawn-out procedure again, with a game that effectively forces you NOT to play it. Or, you could just buy 'gems' with real money, and you can complete actions immediately, and play the game as much as you like (provided you keep throwing money at EA). But hey - they're not making you spend your hard-earned cash on it, because it's technically possible to 'play' the game without doing so...

As it is, I can spend the price of a coffee and a sandwich on almost the full price of a Rhino tank - but I've still got to rank up through good ol' honest gameplay to unlock it. Or I could just play the game normally for a week or two, and have about $2 million to spend on that, a Buzzard, or a fully-modified supercar, without spending a penny. And for most regular stuff, I can usually afford a decent sports car and customise/upgrade it fully in the space of a 2-hour gaming session. And I say this as someone who might only get an hour of not-very-productive gameplay in, every other evening - I'm not someone with the luxury of endless hours of gaming time, and I can still easily earn the 'good stuff' in the game through regular mission play (not just RR grinding) alone. And thus, I've never had to buy a cash card to enjoy the game (indeed, for some things, doing so would destroy certain long-term goals I've set myself, by rushing them to completion with no effort).

So yeah - like/dislike cash cards as you will, but it's fair to say that they've not been implemented in such a way as to hold game content to ransom (again, look at the other examples above for games that actually do destroy the balance of normal gameplay, to psychologically coerce you into spending cash). Consequently, I don't see people buying them as damaging to the game, the industry, or whatever, when you compare them to the truly corrupt cases that exist. And it's worth remembering: people spend the same kind of money on much more disposable things like over-priced food/drink (which you only get to use once - compared to having access to a virtual tank/aircraft/apartment indefinitely with the same money) without complaint, so...

...that said, just out of curiousity, I looked up the GAME online store prices for shark cards - 15 quid for $1,250,000? Again, that's less than I pay to commute every time I go to work, so it's not beyond my regular means, but still - sh******************t. That's pretty steep - and that's for Xbox, because for some reason, the PSN equivalent is cheaper. Definitely only worth spending on a perma-purchase like a tank/aircraft, because £15 is too much money to spend on cars that might end up getting sold for less than full price (or worse, disappear due to a bug...)

Edited by Cmdr_Shepherd