GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Radar in versus modes

bagman1

Can someone please explain to me how the radar works in PvP modes like capture/deathmatch?

-Is it just running/shooting/driving that makes you show up as a red dot on your enemies radar? And walking keeps you hidden?

-Does holding the sprint button rather than tapping it make any difference radar-wise?

-If you call Lester to hide you on the radar, does this mean you can shoot your guns without showing up on the radar?

-Does throwing grenades/sticky bombs show your location?

-Do weapon suppressors allow you to shoot without giving up your location on the radar?

Thanks in advance.

BrokenLizard

It uses a noise radius on your map. The louder the noise, the bigger the radius, and if anyone is within that radius, you appear on their map.

Running makes more noise which will give up your position, jogging not so much.

Yes, if you call lester and are off the radar, you will not show up no matter what you do.

Using a silencer on your guns, I believe allows you to stay hidden.

Driving a car will definitely give up your position.

Happy hunting!

BondageKitty

Damn. I was gonna link this great video I saw on youtube where they test and explain every single detail of the deathmatch radar but GTA youtubers abuse the tag system so bad that I was getting completely unrelated searches. If anyone knows the video I am talking about please link.

yCNdzif.gif1029527.pngsYr3sqP.gif

Hotfuzz128

Having a high stealth level also reduces the noise you make in DM.

Damn. I was gonna link this great video I saw on youtube where they test and explain every single detail of the deathmatch radar but GTA youtubers abuse the tag system so bad that I was getting completely unrelated searches. If anyone knows the video I am talking about please link.

thin i know the exact one youre talking about, they also show how line of sight matters, how close you can approach someone from behind, and i think your team mate's awareness factors in as well. not sure, i dont play much pvp, and dont have a link. search around op, good vids are out there!!!

but the mini map is actually one of the really though out, well done aspects........even more so than dedicated fps.......oh no here comes people to argue w me hahaha

Edited by jtet37