GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Help with upgrading cars

pwam

Warning: extreme whining ahead...

Why in the world is car upgrades locked by wins instead of rank? That basically means there's no hope of getting these upgrades legitimately for those of us who are late to the party.

Think about it; my Entity with standard upgrades available with no wins has no shot against another Entity with upgrades available with 20 wins. Since I'm currently rank 89, any random race will pair me with someone who has more upgrades than I do. Catch-up doesn't work; it helps them more than it helps me.

This is a hopeless uphill battle to win enough times to get to the point to where I can compete with fully modded cars. If I could beat fully modded cars, then I wouldn't need the upgrades in the first place! It's just one big vicious cycle.

The only way I can see myself getting these upgrades any time in the next four years is if I get someone to purposefully hand me racing wins over and over again. What else can I do here?

Ok, rant over....

Host races with custom cars turned off. Believe me, a lot more people play with bone stock cars than you think.

• Like 2

GTA_Girl84

OP I need to upgrade aswell, would u like to take turns in winning races? Let me know. I'm on psn :)

GTA_Girl84

I can help you and let u win as many races as u need

Psn t-roy77

was that to me or OP?

CarimboHanky

if you have a friend you can host the race and trade wins...

i created this short race called W Exchange, which is a 30seconds max type of race which would make it super quick to exchange Ws with a friend.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs?ownertype=member&nickname=CarimboHanky&missionId=CwU25f3bnkyRLTYRh4I3zA&platformId=

OP I need to upgrade aswell, would u like to take turns in winning races? Let me know. I'm on psn :)

if you need wins and are willing to verbally concede defeat (ill stop at the finish line if i am winning i mean) ill race with you :>

I thought it would be a prob to...but I've had about 4 diff characters and the first thing I do is go for those 50 race wins....takes about a day or two even if you play people with modded cars...you can win...other people suck at driving sometime you know?

GTA_Girl84

Thanks everyone for your help. I will definitely take u all up on the offers to help me out :D send me a pm with your psn and I will add you I can't seem to get into online atm so will do when I can :D

Yeah, alternating wins sounds good all around. My psn is pwam. I'll be on tomorrow. Just so tired of not having access to the upgrades, which would really help during missions as well. I'll start adding people then.

DJ Kornphlake

If it would truly take you 4 years to win 50 races, then racing clearly isn't for you.

SmokeCheeba

Yah, I'm in the same boat. I tried a few random races and got tired of the ramming... I might start racing more with no-contact but the problem of lack of upgrades still presents itself. :(

GTA_Girl84

Yeah that's a good point I forgot about the non contact. Will def try that

GTA Master 007

OP's argument is invalid.

With slipstream, catch-up and cheating in this game, a fully customed car makes no difference in terms of winning a racing.

*race

Seventh Shin

Once again, I don't know why custom visual mods aren't on by default. I.e. Use your custom car, but be forced to use stock performance.