• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MiamiViceCity1986

• billiejoearmstrong8

• Americana

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was about to make a list, until I thought:   -GTA IV is the best GTA, wait... that's a popular opinion.   Okay,   -GTA IV is the worst GTA... wait... that's a popular opinion too.   f*ck thi

- I think CantThinkOfOne just made this thread to justify him saying GTA V is better than everything that ever existed without opposition.

Here's the unpopular one for ya. Grand Theft Auto as a franchise, is degrading. It's fading away. Maybe I'm just getting old, being 'nostalgic' , senile, or just having a stroke, who gives a f#ck what

psxdriverplayer
Posted (edited)

- Cheats are only in the(m) game(s) because devs debugged it using those and are remnants of that, and all ye use 'em to have fun, whatever that means and getting through stuff easier. Fine, probably, as long as one doesn't save. Play it without cheats when progressing normally, yer not them devs of the game.

EDIT: I just realized that you can even cheat the cheat inputs on PC side by entering that gibberish. Cheating the cheats, cheatception! Double offense if ye ask me.

(DISCLAIMER: It's still the fault of the user if there's issues after cheating and saving, as the game (I mean SA here mah bois) tells ye "ye may not want to do that, is yer own risk mang". And since some effects can't be reverted (which counts as cheating as well if it can be done despite showing "Cheat deactivated") ... Progression without is advised.)

You probably want to go all "You want the chainsaw gringo" and "BRINGITON" on me, but eh. Stuff is usually made to be doable without, give a call to dem devs if ye encounter an error.

- Been wondering one thing about using mods, can ye truly say that yer playing "Supper Dupper Quite Very Awesome Special Collector's Edition Game X" made by "Developer that obviously wants yer money to do more crap fer ye to buy Y" if ye plaster a "Crapton of 3rd party stuff Z" on it? I'd say "Nah" - Mr. PSX

(DISCLAIMER: Reason: what yer playing is not 100% theirs anymoar, also yes this includes everything as in every thing (<--- you can probably see how "ha-ha kind of funny" that is))

"Not exactly premium liquor, is it?"

Edited by psxdriverplayer
Sudden realization
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 2

In my most honest opinion, the only thing that kept both III and VC from perfection was swimming. They could've at least put in a VCS-like "swimming stamina" system that would deplete over time in the water or at the very least, make the player's health go down over time.

• Like 1
gremlinkurst

Damn, MVC1986—someone piss in your goddamned cornflakes much? You went all poison pen on that guy out of the blue. What...did he bang your ex or something? In my experience, those that go all DEFCON 1 when exposed to history lessons and the like are suffocating beneath cloaks of smothering inferiority complexes...

...however, about that "history lesson:" It's misinformation...or, at the very least, what was chosen to support the argument that "law is more advanced" only shows ignorance of certain facts. In the 1980's, Los Angeles was the undisputed bank robbery capital of the world, averaging one bank robbery every forty-five minutes. From 1985 to 1995, over seventeen thousand bank robberies took place in the greater Los Angeles area. By the time 2008 rolled around, the robbery statistics had dropped sharply, but there were still—and still are—a lot of bank robberies in L. A. compared to other thriving metropolises in the world.

And it's not law enforcement that "became advanced;" it's technology. The last actually significant evolution in law enforcement had nothing to do with technology, but much more with psychology, as seen with the creation of the Behavioral Science Unit of the United States' Federal Bureau of Investigation, and "law enforcement" began to not only identify active serial killers, but apprehend them. The advancement was merely a revolutionary idea...that actually wasn't revolutionary: "think like a killer" isn't such a distant throw from, "set a thief to catch a thief," but the resistance at the time to the idea of using psychology to catch killers was due to two chief reasons: the traditional long-standing dependence upon technology as a tool of innovation in law enforcement, and a woman instrumental in getting the BSU recognized as a resounding success, FBI agent Patricia Kirby, well, was a woman. Back then it was generally thought that only people possessing penises made effective law enforcement agents. That woman had one Hell of a hard row to plow.

Funny how much smart people are sneered at. Without them, life would be a lot different, and NOT in a good way. It's also hilarious how swinging dicks think that they are "all that," but that's another story altogether to be tied up with another factoid: Most trolls are bitter young men.

psxdriverplayer
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, H-G said:

In my most honest opinion, the only thing that kept both III and VC from perfection was swimming. They could've at least put in a VCS-like "swimming stamina" system that would deplete over time in the water or at the very least, make the player's health go down over time.

Yas, add the odd camera control and doing things which involve some water are a bit of a pain to do. Manual says that in VC there's sharks, but how do ye know where exactly they are, give as a timer or something to get out or them gets ye (and ye somehow end up in a hospital after that anyways).

(PS2 GTA GAMES IN GENERAL) - I find it hugely interesting that III, VC, SA got into Platinum and have Platinum packagings (do them Stories games have this), but then later in 2009 when they got reprinted, THEY LOOKED LIKE (UK/EUR ENG) ORIGINALS, games themselves? UPDATED REVISIONS as per usual. I swear those are sold in online marketplaces as "Original Black Labels VERY QUITE RARRO THESE DAYS BUY HERE". Those reprints were me first touch into these things in 2013, and those are replaced now with original prints. Still, I want to find the v3.00 of VC again, managed to find another v2.01 of SA. With all the crap going on with III, I have an extra copy, which is that 2009 reprint, like new. (Soon I'm gonna have 2 extra copies kek.)

(III) - The fact that PAL Europe v1.60 is a common one, while PAL Europe v1.40 is seemingly quite rare. (I've heard from somewhere that v1.40 was never meant to be released, but since it was sent along with v1.60, they made the first batch with v1.40 and then the rest with v1.60.) Though it could be I found finally one locally.

(VC) - Why has der internet only documented how to notice which PS2 revision you have... WITH NTSC? WHERE'S THAT PAL REVISION INFO FAQ GOODNESS?! And the general lack of people wondering how the original PAL version is marked as v1.50 internally.

(VC) - Tear gas (original PS2 release only) is fun. Despite it SLLOOOWWWWIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG the game down.

(SA) - Oof, dem food dates give ye fat. (Which turns into muscle which I never get, unless that thing mentioned happens kek.) Semi-annoying.

(SA) - Them girlfriends have too little lines and they repeat those constantly. Same with CJ. Though it can give humorous results, such as: "I feel like I'm using you" -Helena  "That's amazing" -CJ  or: "I'm a very unhappy person" -Helena  "Uh-huh, uh-huh" -CJ  or: "You must think I'm a bitch" -Helena  "[HAPPILY] For sure" -CJ

(SA) - Bike cops shoot with one star. Why.

(SA) - What's the issue everyone has with planes dropping nearby and killing them constantly? I've had a dropped plane near me only once. It was on PC and in that Pulaski wasting mission, he ran to his car, I closed in on mine, then I notice "CRAP A PLANE DROPPED ABOUT TO EXPLODE" and reverse a bit. Though it might as well would've killed me, that try went to crap later. But seriously, am I just doing some things differently or what?

(LCS) - Annoying how some few of them collectibles (hidden) are available only after doing a certain mission.

(VCS) - Vic screaming when on fire annoys the hell out of me.

"This is so interesting, I'm just gonna listen" -CJ & all yous?

Fun quote kek
  • Like 2
psxdriverplayer

Mr. PSX double posts to say that indeed:

- Demolition Man IS NOT HARD.

Just played it on PC, used a keyboard, completed it first try, 1:24 time left, default keybinds. Controller makes it hell of a lot easier tho.

Now you can proceed to tell me that I'm insane and a madman.

• Like 2
  • YEE 1
ADropInTheOcean
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, psxdriverplayer said:

Mr. PSX double posts to say that indeed:

- Demolition Man IS NOT HARD.

Just played it on PC, used a keyboard, completed it first try, 1:24 time left, default keybinds. Controller makes it hell of a lot easier tho.

Now you can proceed to tell me that I'm insane and a madman.

I'm actually gonna double down on this and say that, if you're into flying in GTA games, none of the missions people usually say are the hardest thing ever (Demolition Man, N.O.E., Supply Lines, the flight school, etc.) should even be a major challenge to you. It seems like a lot folks struggle with these because they ignore aircraft up until the point in the game where they're mandated to learn about flying them, which naturally just ends up thrusting unprepared players into a set of new vehicular mechanics that they're completely unprepared for - something that, of course, wouldn't have happened if they had hopped over the LSIA fence and started practicing flying around with the Dodo and the Shamal earlier on in the game like all of us cool kids did.

Edited by ADropInTheOcean
KingAJ032304
On 5/29/2021 at 2:38 PM, H-G said:

That and you know... a basic camera system in classic mode. You have to be a pc player to not mention that. Also being able too move while shooting, better free roam activities, and other stuff.

psxdriverplayer
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ADropInTheOcean said:

I'm actually gonna double down on this and say that, if you're into flying in GTA games, none of the missions people usually say are the hardest thing ever (Demolition Man, N.O.E., Supply Lines, the flight school, etc.) should even be a major challenge to you. It seems like a lot folks struggle with these because they ignore aircraft up until the point in the game where they're mandated to learn about flying them, which naturally just ends up thrusting unprepared players into a situation where they have no idea about what they're doing - something that, of course, wouldn't have happened if they had hopped over the LSIA fence and started practicing flying around with the Dodo and the Shamal earlier on in the game like all of us cool kids did.

I'm not that hardcore of a flier meself and not into flying that much, but at least ye has a theory. Own assumption is the lack of ability to read and understand instructions, as the(m) game(s) in fact do teach ye how to do that flying stuff when ye get theres. I never did fly this plane stuff early in SA, I did it when I had to. Had little to no issues with it. Am I a fricken natural or something?

- Also, I dunno what the fuss outside PCJ Playground is unless we're talking about the final jump. Getting that final checkpoint suks major ass, otherwise is "(m)eh". And what a coincidence, since Vice City saves radio positions, MP3 RADIO (called "MP3 PLAYER" in audio menu and "MP3 Play" in the icon (WHICH ONE IS IT?!) wanted to play Dangerous Zone (Japanese: デンジャラス・ゾーン) at that point (DO NOT CONFUSE WITH DANGER ZONE, THIS IS DIFFERENT), a track which is quite very great but hearing it over und over can get annoying. Maybe. The fade-out starts too early though. It should start around 10 seconds later.

- The fact that the Vice City MP3 RADIO doesn't play .wma files suks. (Yes, I'm such a thug, when I had a legit MP3 player, 99% of the files I listened were .wma format. [THUG LIFE MEME GOES HERE]) Though calling it MP3 RADIO is odd since it plays WAV as well out of the box. MISLEADING ADVERTISING!

Bikes suk in VC und else
DownInThePMs

San Andreas has funnier and more iconic sound effects than Vice City.

I swear to god every gunshot, lowrider and explosion sound effect in that game got me rolling at times.

• Like 1
psxdriverplayer
Posted (edited)

Calling something a fix when all it does is changes a thing which wasn't broken to begin with:

- Let's say someone makes a game

- Let's say all they give ye is 4:3 resolutions for some reason

- Someone (READ: EVERYONE BUT ME) gets mad about it

- Someone makes a thing that makes 16:9 available artificially

- It's called "a [widescreen] fix"

- The way I see it, how the bloody hell can it be a fix when all it does is change stuff? Sure, one can say that it brings 16:9 over there is a thing what was bugged, but how do those know if it truly was a bug of laziness not to include 16:9? What if it's intentional to only 4:3?

One can probably figure out that I hate these fancy terms for everything.

Screw it, if I'll ever make a game, I'd intentionally make it to be in 4:3 only and intentionally make it miserable, plus intending it to be the way it is (READ: NO MODS). That way those who play it for fun, with any other aspect ratio or with mods are doing it all wrong, and I can call everyone out for that. And since it was a plan all along, I wouldn't even be a "lazy dev", as they say for leaving some modern crappy feature out of a game these days. TOO BAD I DON'T KNOW SH * TE ABOUT MAKING GAMES, SO CONSIDER YERSELVES LUCKY. At least I respect other developers by playing their games in the state they originally shipped, without modifying anything other than the in-game settings, which would not even make me to be a hypocrite for getting annoyed at others modifying me sh*te kek. HA!

What is this formatting here, needed to adjust that
CasMusThai

I am glad they removed a full - fledged Racing in GTA V Story Mode. Racing in GTA Games are so easy. In San Andreas, you basically push out the cars and so you could win and some cars drive off a cliff. Vice City and IV Racing was simple. V is dead easy since you just need to bring your customized/upgraded car. I am happy Rockstar decided to add that full fledged racing in Online because its a waste of resources in Story Mode. Still, its nice to have that small races in Story Mode where it usually takes 2 to 3 minutes max

CynicalMexican
Posted (edited)

Okay time to piss in everyone's Honey Smacks.

- The world building in GTA SA is quite lackluster. The story just seems to happen with no real context. The environment isn't really fleshed out compared to the HD Universe games. Like, how did the Families and Ballas start their rivalry? I could go on.

- Racing needs to just be removed from single player in any game. It's too damn easy.

- The GTA V radio playlist is a weird mix that doesn't come together well. The reggae station could've been cut. A proper EDM station with artists like Avicii and Calvin Harris (ya know, music popular in 2013) would've been great. And why the f*ck does a game that takes place in SoCal have such a paltry alternative radio playlist?

- Mainstream pop music from 2006-08 is the best way to do Independence FM in GTA 4. It fills a missing genre (pop) in the game and fits seamlessly in GTA 4's gritty 2008 recession setting. It oddly compliments the OG radio selection too.

- A proper remake of GTA III should have countryside based on Upstate NY and New England. III LC is waaaayyy too small for modern games, and it'd be nice to hav new things to do.

- GTA V really does do an awful job at portraying female characters/women. GTA 3 had a great female antagonist in Catalina and another great female lead in Asuka, and this was 2001. Every GTA 5 female character feels like a stereotype. Only likable female character in GTA 5 was Paige Harris and that driver you can find. 

- I have no idea why, but VCS is just... kinda eh to me. I guess I don't like Vic's "guardian of morality" complex that makes him a hypocrite.

- San Andreas Stories should be set in 2002-2011, and should conclude the GTA 3D Universe.

- The relationship between Niko Bellic and Alex Chilton is well written. Chilton is basically some Ivy League white girl born on third base that tries to "be deep" with Niko, a Serbian war vet who saw innocent people die right before his eyes and suffered more than most in the fully developed world will. It's hilarious yet oddly endearing.

- If suburbs are supposedly a waste of good map space, what's the point of having huge ass airports most people aren't going to spend time in? Surely they could be downsized a bit.

- Get rid of strip clubs unless they're part of the game's economy. I'm playing a video game, not watching a pr0n. 

- I prefer Watch Dogs 2 over Grand Theft Auto V

Edited by CynicalMexican
psxdriverplayer
5 hours ago, CynicalMexican said:

- Racing needs to just be removed from single player in any game. It's too damn easy.

- I have no idea why, but VCS is just... kinda eh to me. I guess I don't like Vic's "guardian of morality" complex that makes him a hypocrite.

- RE: Racing. Yeahs, dunno why peoples say racing suks cause difficulties. With VC, the only race having some difficulty is the Number #1, others are easy mang. And perhaps The Driver can suk, though the last time I did it was in me second try overall (PS2 PAL v1.50). With SA, there's a few difficult ones (thems optional depending on if yer heading for 100%). With LCS, easy. With VCS, were there even any except those annoying five million checkpoint things? Oh wait yas. Easy stuffs as well. Do me playing of driving games made me skilled or whyt? (I've played those driving simulators on PS1 way back, with the sequel, I've done 100.91% and 59/60 License Golds. That may be saying something. And the fact that it was the PAL version...)

- RE: VCS is eh. - A bit. Yeahs.

almightyvasi

- GTA SA is a ridiculously overrated and cheesy game with poor storyline, and don't get me started on the graphics. 

- I would definitely won't mind a biker themed game. 

- GSF\Families are a lame joke, Ballas got the illest gang in LS

CynicalMexican
3 minutes ago, almightyvasi said:

- GTA SA is a ridiculously overrated and cheesy game with poor storyline, and don't get me started on the graphics. 

- I would definitely won't mind a biker themed game. 

- GSF\Families are a lame joke, Ballas got the illest gang in LS

Funny you bring up SA's graphics; I glanced at old threads and even back then, GTA SA graphics weren't that great, but they certainly weren't bad for 2004.

I can't stand the original look of the game tbh. Especially the peds. They look so uncanny. 

almightyvasi
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, CynicalMexican said:

Funny you bring up SA's graphics; I glanced at old threads and even back then, GTA SA graphics weren't that great, but they certainly weren't bad for 2004.

I can't stand the original look of the game tbh. Especially the peds. They look so uncanny. 

Whenever there's a comparison, I will always point out HL2 , now THAT'S some sick graphics for 2004 game.

SA? idk. good things the modders sort of saved the game 

Edited by almightyvasi
CynicalMexican
1 hour ago, almightyvasi said:

Whenever there's a comparison, I will always point out HL2 , now THAT'S some sick graphics for 2004 game.

SA? idk. good things the modders sort of saved the game 

The thing is though, HL2 is a completely different game to GTA SA, and I don't know if a game like GTA SA could've been done with those graphics and be friendly to 2004-era hardware.

Hell, I still have some minor issues running GTA SA on a modern machine, but I guess that's just how it is knowing the game was made for 2004 hardware. 

The physics in GTA SA just suck straight up though, lol

psxdriverplayer
1 hour ago, almightyvasi said:

- GTA SA is a ridiculously overrated

The whole series pretty much is. Maybe except I, II, Advance (NOT "Advanced" as I've seen in some places, like with Game Boy Advance, IT IS NOT "Game Boy Advanced", LEAVE THE "D" OUT FROM THE END, DAMMIT) und dem Wars in Chinatown. (I just realized I gave people ideas.)

- PS2 GTA III PAL v1.40 feels unfinished when compared to v1.60. Plus while trying to complete it, it's making me use bad language I've learned, like *bloop* *bleep* *bleep*. Them checkpoint sound effects not playing sure makes those off-road missions all the more interesting than they already are. Plus some dialog doesn't seem to play (like the ending lines of "Her Lover"). At least the subtitles are on by default, it not being the case with VC, SA, LCS and VCS pissed me off. WHY IS VIBRATION OFF BY DEFAULT?

- PS2 telling me to insert a PS1 or PS2 disc (what, not a DVD-video) after I insert one and try to do stuff with it suks. It better not make me go all Ricardo Diaz on it.

"Press L2 and R2 to cycle through your weapons."

DownInThePMs
Posted (edited)

Jumping off the Los Santos thread, I'd rather have a smartly-designed map with lots of character and cool stuff to do than have a condensed map that's 90% based on reality. I think getting the aesthetic and general feel of a city right is sufficient enough to tell a story and trying replicate reality too much only leads to a simplified caricature of a city, which ironically decreases believability.

I also think that the 'cut-off' areas that indicate and imply further inland spaces (like the northern areas of Tierra Robada or Palomino Highlands) are poorly-designed, severely underused and lack any sort of meaningful topography and activity. I'd rather these areas be home to a cliffside town or even a small populated beach area rather than a set of natural rock formations and cliffs with basically nothing to explore.

Also Fortunate Son does not fit LSRR at all, let alone GTA V.

Edited by DownInThePMs
  • Like 1
CynicalMexican
4 hours ago, DownInThePMs said:

Jumping off the Los Santos thread, I'd rather have a smartly-designed map with lots of character and cool stuff to do than have a condensed map that's 90% based on reality. I think getting the aesthetic and general feel of a city right is sufficient enough to tell a story and trying replicate reality too much only leads to a simplified caricature of a city, which ironically decreases believability.

I also think that the 'cut-off' areas that indicate and imply further inland spaces (like the northern areas of Tierra Robada or Palomino Highlands) are poorly-designed, severely underused and lack any sort of meaningful topography and activity. I'd rather these areas be home to a cliffside town or even a small populated beach area rather than a set of natural rock formations and cliffs with basically nothing to explore.

Also Fortunate Son does not fit LSRR at all, let alone GTA V.

Oooh, another controversial opinion I might add is that the first two Watch Dogs games overall had better map design. Granted both of these games excluded airports (which makes sense, no one's asking for aircraft in that series) which gave a lot more space to toy, and there are still plenty of flaws to pick apart (eg no North Side in WD1), but I find these maps more interesting than Los Santos.

Take WD2 for instance. SF is the main attraction in the game, yet the map design doesn't focus entirely on it; you have 3 other urban areas you can go to, with plenty of distance separating each, and much of map is utilized for one purpose or another, such as objectives, activities, collectibles, etc. and even in these micro areas, you get variety.

That's what I'm hoping with Vice City HD - yes, I do want a big map that gives Miami more justice, but there needs to be variety. Not just the "Kardashian Beach Lifestyle". I want the run down hoods of Mainland, the Latin American culture that defines Miami so strongly, the gentrification of the city, the docks, a good Downtown, etc. I want a city that has balance, and Interactivity. 

As for the " unseen areas", I always just assumed head canon for some of that; like north of Bayside and Venturas would be a Redwoods looking part of the state and fictionalized states based on the PNW and Rockies would exist close by (shout out to Project Lienne), or west of Alderney, the rest of a fictionalized NJ would exist. But yeah, those parts of the map are awkward. 

• Like 1
psxdriverplayer
Posted (edited)

I find Software Agreements quite very absolutely positively fascinating. Scanning through the agreement seen in VC and SA on PC side states among other things that if ye make modifications, it's through a level editor only supplied by the developers, but they don't have to support such tools, a.k.a. yer own risk is at stake here. Also this and that blah bleh.

And then this part is fascinating as all hell:
"You can also end this Agreement by destroying the SOFTWARE and ACCOMPANYING MATERIALS and all copies and reproductions of the SOFTWARE and ACCOMPANYING MATERIALS and deleting and permanently purging the SOFTWARE from any client server or computer on which it has been installed."

I take it if this is going to be done this means you literally destroy the packaging and the discs and such and delete all them copies on yer PC as well and stuff. Cool stuff. Also seen this in the PC manual of Driver (1).

Am I unpopular enough now?

- In GTA III, them Paramedic guy lines when you aim at them, oof they make me laugh

[Think of "La donna è mobile" for this ->] "You are a maniac"

"You are a no good"

"So sue me" (I swear I also heard this)

"Forgive me"

"You gotta fade away"

"Psycho!"

"LA LA LAH..."

And the slightly different ways these are said make this stuff quite hilarious.

- Also is it just me, but is the pager tone having a higher pitch in PAL v1.40?

Plus, DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN CHANGE THE PAUSE MENU TABS IN GTA III WITH L1 AND R1? Bet ya didn't.

GTA III
3 hours ago, psxdriverplayer said:

And then this part is fascinating as all hell:
"You can also end this Agreement by destroying the SOFTWARE and ACCOMPANYING MATERIALS and all copies and reproductions of the SOFTWARE and ACCOMPANYING MATERIALS and deleting and permanently purging the SOFTWARE from any client server or computer on which it has been installed."

I take it if this is going to be done this means you literally destroy the packaging and the discs and such and delete all them copies on yer PC as well and stuff. Cool stuff. Also seen this in the PC manual of Driver (1).

This type of stuff kinda sends shivers down my spine, because it's another reminder of how unsustainable life on the internet would be if terms and conditions of corporations were followed to the letter. Like imagine a world where game modifications, Youtube downloads and such would literally not exist because they're prohibited. :miranda:

psxdriverplayer
7 hours ago, Carbonox said:

Like imagine a world where game modifications ... would literally not exist because they're prohibited. :miranda:

I'd be fine with this option, them others not so much. Probably. Uskot eli et.*

* = This Finnish bit translates quite poorly due to some wordplay, but for English speakers (not those which blast stuff which can be called "audial noise") that means roughly "You believe it which means you don't"

Most of you guys know darn well how I used to criticize Trevor Philips and other GTA V characters a lot on this site. However, my absolute least favorite GTA character is none of them nor is it Donald Love, Catalina, or Frank Tenpenny. Hands down, it is GTA Online’s Avon Hertz! It’s not only because he’s the only Pure Evil character besides Donald Love and the only GTA character to surpass him in wickedness. He just feels a bit out of place for a GTA game. IMO, he belongs more in some sort of sci fi game instead. Also, whoop dee doo! He’s a villain who wants to take over the world! Yeah, like that hasn’t already been done in movies, TV shows, books, and video games literally millions of times! -_-

General regarding 3D:

- The meme of ye hitting a cop car with a fricken feather and getting wanted levels is dumb. THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN 100% OF THE TIME. IT'S A BIT LESS THAN THAT.

24 minutes ago, psxdriverplayer said:

General regarding 3D:

- The meme of ye hitting a cop car with a fricken feather and getting wanted levels is dumb. THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN 100% OF THE TIME. IT'S A BIT LESS THAN THAT.

I've had peds smash into my car, causing me to hit a cop car, and getting a wanted level. Good grief. 

- Having now played this on PC as well, Checkpoint Charlie still isn't so bad. Took me 2 tries to complete. The loading screen before package #3 suks, but at least it goes away quite fast with me rig. If there's one serious thing about it that suks though...

xV176NE.png

...it's those goddamn ramps. THOSE. MOTHERf*ckING. RAMPS. If that part wouldn't be there, that would be cake. That image is from try 1. It ended up like that. Those ramps are PRICKSMr. PSX's advice corner: HANDBRAKE HELPS SOME WITH DEM TURNS. Try 2 was the success, I had 30 seconds left. Is easy enough, the ramp section is a HUGE PRICK.

- Then, when there's a map for Vice City collectibles, why are them annoying ones which need a boat or some sh*t always the first ones listed?! Also, why aren't those Hidden Packages which pretty much require a helicopter indicated in any way? It's fun trying to do them in the number order of the map only to find out that "sh*te, need a dang elicottero* to do this one". (* = That's Italienisch** for "helicopter". (** = That's German for Italian.))

"♫Questi giorni, quando viene il bel sole♫" my arse. Unless fun, but I'm not here for that right now, I'm here for missions.

"Now, what would you like?"

"Everything."

- Guess them references yet again

Controversy ahoy-hoy. PC Vice City:

- The thing called "STANDARD CONTROLS" suks. Hate the odd positioning it gives me while interioring. Also, is a pain to move around at times. Give me that PS2-ish "CLASSIC CONTROLS" option instead. "Thank you!" -Tommy Vercetti sometimes when picking floating cash muneyz from the ground

Speaking of STANDARD, I find it semi-funny that with games that got this aspect ratio selector, 4:3 is often referred to as "NORMAL" or "STANDARD". This must mean that 16:9, sometimes referred to as WIDESCREEN must suck, since it's not NORMAL and not even a STANDARD. It's ABNORMAL while 4:3 is the greatest and actually NORMAL! Even more so if WIDESCREEN just crops top and bottom KEK, like with GTAs. Take that, WIDESCREEN PEOPLES.

Plus that Cabmageddon mission reminds me of that taxi battle scene from Speaking Of The Devil (1991) (Suomi: Siinä paha missä mainitaan, Deutsch: Wenn man vom Teufel spricht..., Italiano: Un Piede In Paradiso, Magyar: Fél lábbal a paradicsomban) which plays music that some might say that it might suit Vice City ("Florence 99 - Rock 'n Roll (I feel so)"), though I recall it being anachronistic for that.

I just love this exchange that happens in it:

[CAB TURNS UPSIDE DOWN]

"Are you alright?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Well good. Stay there."

"You so-" [CUT ELSEWHERE]

Man, those wacky Italians. Oof I just realized that movie reminds me of the Kaufman Cab strand, since in that movie there's 2 rivaling taxi companies with different type of taxi cars, though the Taxi looking cabs are red there. Don't mess with Magic Taxi though. And tell that to Central Cab. And the movie takes place in Miami if I recall. COINCIDENCE? I DON'T THINK SO.