• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algonquin Assassin

• billiejoearmstrong8

• Americana

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was about to make a list, until I thought:   -GTA IV is the best GTA, wait... that's a popular opinion.   Okay,   -GTA IV is the worst GTA... wait... that's a popular opinion too.   f*ck thi

- I think CantThinkOfOne just made this thread to justify him saying GTA V is better than everything that ever existed without opposition.

Here's the unpopular one for ya. Grand Theft Auto as a franchise, is degrading. It's fading away. Maybe I'm just getting old, being 'nostalgic' , senile, or just having a stroke, who gives a f#ck what

KingAJ032304
3 minutes ago, DR:BUSTA said:

I am surprised because it was always the one who leaves me with the biggest impact after finishing it

Because at the end the whole city is yours

That's my problem with VC. All the CUTSEEN dialogue sort of makes it sound like its yours, but nothing gameplays wise actually indicates that what so ever to me even the open world dialogue outside of some phone calls and apartments.

DR:BUSTA
3 minutes ago, KingAJ032304 said:

That's my problem with VC. All the CUTSEEN dialogue sort of makes it sound like its yours, but nothing gameplays wise actually indicates that what so ever to me even the open world dialogue outside of some phone calls and apartments.

Well in most Mission that what you're doing making it yours 

You took down the biggest empire in the City (Diaz's) and it became yours and then you go do rampaging in the mall to show the City , the cops and a the vendors that you own the city and you're not to be f*cked with

Then the side missions appear where you create more contacts who will help you becoming stronger

Gameplay wise 

I own the biggest properties in the city and put them under my own evil uses and the shops pay me protection to the level where I get the exact amount of money everytime which makes me feel like they're totally under my control

And don't forget a the chaos that I cause 

KingAJ032304

Well in most Mission that what you're doing making it yours 

You took down the biggest empire in the City (Diaz's) and it became yours and then you go do rampaging in the mall to show the City , the cops and a the vendors that you own the city and you're not to be f*cked with

Then the side missions appear where you create more contacts who will help you becoming stronger

Yes...  but imo the context of them and the aftermath is so thin that its almost as if someone's summarizing what actually is happening. You don't even go through the ranks up people under Diaz. Also why do you take down Diaz so fast and easy. It's just you go through conflicts and work up to kill Diaz. Then the assets just finish and you hardly notice the progress your actually making on them. The contacts have little to actually do with you, the progress isn't being reflected in gameplay, you rampage a mall to show cops your not to be f*ck with and they back down like it was nothing. Like the cops aren't going to do anything? Anyways you don't really feel like you ripping through shreds of business or handling products. Your dealing in your basic street levels of trafficking based on contexts that were literally just conceived for that asset mission. My issue is the story is not that off as a WHOLE from how you're summarizing it.

KingAJ032304
15 minutes ago, DR:BUSTA said:

Gameplay wise 

I own the biggest properties in the city and put them under my own evil uses and the shops pay me protection to the level where I get the exact amount of money everytime which makes me feel like they're totally under my control

And don't forget a the chaos that I cause 

yes but how does Tommy just hold down properties? He's just one man, unless the game is genuinely trying to convince me that Tommy is a one man army holding down an ENTIRE city by himself.

11 minutes ago, KingAJ032304 said:

Yes...  but imo the context of them and the aftermath is so thin that its almost as if someone's summarizing what actually is happening. You don't even go through the ranks up people under Diaz. Also why do you take down Diaz so fast and easy. It's just you go through conflicts and work up to kill Diaz. Then the assets just finish and you hardly notice the progress your actually making on them. The contacts have little to actually do with you, the progress isn't being reflected in gameplay, you rampage a mall to show cops your not to be f*ck with and they back down like it was nothing. Like the cops aren't going to do anything? Anyways you don't really feel like you ripping through shreds of business or handling products. Your dealing in your basic street levels of trafficking based on contexts that were literally just conceived for that asset mission. My issue is the story is not that off as a WHOLE from how you're summarizing it.

Tommy didn't rank to get to Diaz because unlike CJ he already had contacts before starting the game 

He is a Mafia member

The assets are either used for Tommy's own uses ( the ice cream factory to sell drugs , The the Marine to smuggle them ...etc) or he wibes out all of his  competitors ( like Kaufman cabs for example) 

And for the cops part it's a game and not meant to be taken seriously but it's supposed to be something like that Diaz's empire was so huge and now it's owned by Tommy like if he's having a small army or something

3 minutes ago, KingAJ032304 said:

yes but how does Tommy just hold down properties? He's just one man, unless the game is genuinely trying to convince me that Tommy is a one man army holding down an ENTIRE city by himself.

One point you seem to miss is that Tommy has a a lot of men working for him already 

KingAJ032304

Tommy didn't rank to get to Diaz because unlike CJ he already had contacts before starting the game 

He is a Mafia member

The assets are either used for Tommy's own uses ( the ice cream factory to sell drugs , The the Marine to smuggle them ...etc) or he wibes out all of his  competitors ( like Kaufman cabs for example) 

And for the cops part it's a game and not meant to be taken seriously but it's supposed to be something like that Diaz's empire was so huge and now it's owned by Tommy like if he's having a small army or something

One point you seem to miss is that Tommy has a a lot of men working for him already 

Like who? Do they get names, what roles are they under in this operation, why can't we actually see the role they play through the story, why are they just skimmed over? Also Diaz is a joke in VC compared to VCS. So really the whole thing is Tommy slightly rising above his rank, dethroning Diaz, continuing his business under his own, and throwing in a few properties? Also Tommy doesn't have issues mowing down his competition, like its such a minor issue they don't even get special focus.

Americana

I still don't understand one thing, he did 15 years for Sonny, so he must have been 20 when he went to prison. Why did they care about the dude? I'm sure he wasn't even made.

• Like 1
Just now, Americana said:

I still don't understand one thing, he did 15 years for Sonny, so he must have been 20 when he went to prison. Why did they care about the dude? I'm sure he wasn't even made.

He could have been older,too

Anyway he was like "Toni for Sal" for Sonny I guess

7 minutes ago, KingAJ032304 said:

Like who? Do they get names, what roles are they under in this operation, why can't we actually see the role they play through the story, why are they just skimmed over? Also Diaz is a joke in VC compared to VCS. So really the whole thing is Tommy slightly rising above his rank, dethroning Diaz, continuing his business under his own, and throwing in a few properties? Also Tommy doesn't have issues mowing down his competition, like its such a minor issue they don't even get special focus.

Because it's a game would they show you everyone in Tommy's empire one by one but you're right it's kinda of plothole where did he get all of these people they appeared from nowhere after "Rub out"  

Like did he group all the Italians in VC to work for him 

And also Tommy has no issue doing any crime to get to the top like killing his Competitors

And it's not just properties 

He has connections with the Haitans , the bikers , Love fist

And everything good and helpful in the city is owned by him

KingAJ032304
6 minutes ago, Americana said:

Also did Tommy really kill off all Sonny's connections with Liberty City? They all just stayed out of the conflict with Vice City? Tommy didn't have to deal with any problems up there? 

1 minute ago, KingAJ032304 said:

Also did Tommy really kill off all Sonny's connections with Liberty City? They all just stayed out of the conflict with Vice City? Tommy didn't have to deal with any problems up there? 

The Forellies became week after Sonny's death

And Leones started gaining power and taking control 

KingAJ032304
24 minutes ago, DR:BUSTA said:

He could have been older,too

Anyway he was like "Toni for Sal" for Sonny I guess

Because it's a game would they show you everyone in Tommy's empire one by one but you're right it's kinda of plothole where did he get all of these people they appeared from nowhere after "Rub out"  

Like did he group all the Italians in VC to work for him 

And also Tommy has no issue doing any crime to get to the top like killing his Competitors

And it's not just properties 

He has connections with the Haitans , the bikers , Love fist

And everything good and helpful in the city is owned by him

IdK I still think it's alright for GTA but compared to games that also had you taking over the city, it did it the weakest.

I would've liked LCS' story if the characters were actually memorable and Toni being less lap-dogish to Salvatore.

• Like 1
Americana

I would love Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories to be a proper mafia game, but... well. I mean, it was a 3D Grand Theft Auto game for PSP, so I guess they didn't really bother to create something interesting at that point.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Americana said:

I would love Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories to be a proper mafia game, but... well. I mean, it was a 3D Grand Theft Auto game for PSP, so I guess they didn't really bother to create something interesting at that point.

Yeah they probably only wanted a GTA game for psp and didn't care to write an actual story for it

Atleast they wrote an actual story for VCS

• Like 1
14 hours ago, DR:BUSTA said:

And Leones started gaining power and taking control 

But they become weaker after Salvatore's death. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, OH76 said:

But they become weaker after Salvatore's death. 

Yeah but that's like 15 years later

Western Gunslinger

In all honesty I really would love to see Tommy again in GTA 6. But since R* are petty pricks who hold grudges like teenagers we'll never see him again

• YEE 1
1 minute ago, Western Gunslinger said:

In all honesty I really would love to see Tommy again in GTA 6. But since R* are petty pricks who hold grudges like teenagers we'll never see him again

Even if the Universes thing didn't exist

Tommy would be a corpse

• excuseme 1
billiejoearmstrong8

Yeah I don't give a flying f*ck about the "separate universes" thing. Seeing elder statesman Tommy would just be cool. Only previous character I have any real wish to see again. If VI is in Vice City it would be cool to see him in a minor role, get a few missions from him maybe or even just a cameo appearance. 

Damien Scott

The idea of having all cities in one game is not appealing to me at all. The game would have no specific atmosphere and the story would have no focus, it'd be all over the place.

Edited by Damien Scott
  • Like 6
  • fir thi bairns 1
Americana

Just like Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

8 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Yeah I don't give a flying f*ck about the "separate universes" thing. Seeing elder statesman Tommy would just be cool. Only previous character I have any real wish to see again. If VI is in Vice City it would be cool to see him in a minor role, get a few missions from him maybe or even just a cameo appearance. 

I mean, we really can't rule out the possibility that even in HD 1980 Vice City was taken over by a dude named Tommy Vercetti who was a mobster in Liberty City. 

Edited by Americana
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, Damien Scott said:

The idea of having all cities in one game is not appealing to me at all. The game would have no specific atmosphere and the story would have no focus, it'd be all over the place.

I think if it was a very long story and if we play as an important man in *anything* it would be a good story 

But I see that some people don't like modern games with super long stories 

KingAJ032304
14 hours ago, DR:BUSTA said:

I think if it was a very long story and if we play as an important man in *anything* it would be a good story 

But I see that some people don't like modern games with super long stories 

See this is when multiple characters will be needed.

Keano
On 1/18/2021 at 10:46 AM, Western Gunslinger said:

Rockstar has no issues with Ray Liotta as far as I'm aware of. There was one incident and Ray Liotta apologized and but parties seemed happy enough. It was Bert Reynolds they had major problems with. 

Wayne Kerr

GTA V has the best antagonist in the series

Edited by Wayne Kerr
Best not bets
  • KEKW 1
billiejoearmstrong8
21 minutes ago, Wayne Kerr said:

GTA V has the best antagonist in the series

And who might that be?

Wayne Kerr
17 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

And who might that be?

A certain Mr Townley, who else

Edited by Wayne Kerr
You know I'm right too
  • Like 2
billiejoearmstrong8
29 minutes ago, Wayne Kerr said:

A certain Mr Townley, who else

Wouldn't have guessed that! But I don't disagree that he can be viewed as one. Especially if ending A is chosen and you see his deceitfulness played out in full. 

• Like 1