3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

CantThinkOfOne2013

Unpopular Opinions Thread

TheSantader25
46 minutes ago, Miamivicecity said:

-Who cares if the law is more advanced in 2008? You keeping banging on about what f*cking year it is like it's the be all to end all.. Literally the only reason I brought up Red Dead Redemption 2 was to say that I enjoy the "Three Leaf Clover" esque approach to the robberies. I don't care for some bullsh*t history lesson. Also I think you really need to play Three Leaf Clover again.

While there are no planning missions they hardly do it stone cold. The way Gerry arcs up with Niko's involvement suggests any "planning" wasn't supposed to involve him. Packie roped him into it. Even on the way to the bank Packe albeit lays out a very rough plan, but like I said the McRearies aren't criminals masterminds which explains the haphazard approach. If you want to keep bringing up how the year makes the difference I'll just keep running it down. Your choice.

-No. I don't believe that for a second. I think you knew exactly what you were talking about, but back peddled as soon as I questioned it. In any case it doesn't surprise me in the least you would bring up the "filler" missions in GTA IV to defend poor GTA V.  You give the planning missions far more credit than they deserve when really from a gameplay perspective they're nothing special or "quality". I was actually gobsmacked the first time I got a getaway car and had to park it and then I got a "Mission Passed" message. I thought the game glitched as all I did was drive a couple of blocks.

-You know if there's anything I can't tolerate and I'm a fairly chill person it's people putting words into my mouth. I NEVER said that setups and planning are unnecessary NOT ONCE. "The Job" is my second favourite heist in the series and its accompanying planning missions are well done within the context of the game. Hell I'll even throw "Breaking The Bank At Caligua's" a bone and you know how I feel about San Andreas. I don't have a problem with setup/planning as long as it isn't half assed like GTA V where it literally does feel like they're there solely to exist to "pad" it out whether GTA IV is guilty of the same thing or not.

Huh?! Ok. Let's not further drag this. It's pointless. I could write an essay and you would still deny every single thing. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Miamivicecity
14 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

Huh?! Ok. Let's not further drag this. It's pointless. I could write an essay and you would still deny every single thing. 

The smartest thing you've said on this page.

Sinner!

V has a much stronger plot with much more complexities to its story & a human feel than any of the charming but basic older games. (that does not include IV)

Vice City has the most predictable & cliche story in the series with mostly forgettable characters. 

Advance was a good game....for what it was aka a 2004 Gameboy advance game. 

Los Santos in V has a great atmosphere, I'm still highly impressed just walking around in First Person & taking in the wonderfully crafted living breathing world that R* created.

Vice City feels horribly dense & is not interesting to explore, and feels as dead as a corpse when compared to the Magically dark atmosphere of 3D era Liberty City.

GTA Online is a piece of turd ...not unpopular here among this subsection, but in the grand scheme of things.

Toni Cipriani is the funniest & best 3D era protag. also, LCS has the best & most amusing characters from the era. 

Hmmm nice bike

Red Dead Redemption 2 is a better game than GTA V.

MyNameHere

5 years... and I don't like GTA V still.

RashFaustinho

GTA Chinatown Wars is underrated. It's the best Top-Down GTA ever made, and it's a shame that people don't want to play it just because "how it looks"

GTA 5 deserves a lot of hate, but at the same time I think it's a good title. Expectations weren't respected but the game isn't bad, it's just not what was meant to be.

I still think, gameplay-wise, that any of the 3D era games have a better gameplay than any of the HD era games. This is due to the arcade-ish feeling that 3D games had, I don't like the realism of newer ones. It's fun to see, but it's less fun to play.

The next HD era game should focus on Story Mode IMHO, bringing an experience close to a real movie, like RDR2.

GTA 4 and GTA 5's plots, while better then any of the 3D era games, are far from what I'd call a "good plot". Rockstar needs to hire better writers.

GTA 2 retro-futuristic style was a stupid idea. I love the game but the whole thing of setting it in the future with retro elements wasn't exactly exciting

GTA 3 is a good game but the whole driving mechanic is garbage, cars gets damaged too easily.

I'm glad they removed rampages against civilians after GTA 2.

Vice City is the worst map in the series, way behind any other map ever featured in any other game. I swear, GTA 1's Vice City looks way better than the garbage we got in the 3D era.

GTA San Andreas is one of the most over-appreciated games in the whole series, but I think it deserves it.

Miamivicecity
2 hours ago, RashFaustinho said:

GTA Chinatown Wars is underrated. It's the best Top-Down GTA ever made, and it's a shame that people don't want to play it just because "how it looks"

It's indeed a shame. I think CTW is one of the most unique GTA games. The drug dealing side mission was insanely addictive and it brought me back to the days of the top down GTAs while still feel fresh and different at the same time. Proves books shouldn't be judged on their covers so to to speak.

GrudgefromSanAndreas

Badger OS is a very bad name for an Android parody, one of the reasons being it's derived from a phone brand parody, Badger, and not an os. Android doesn't produce phones aka hardware afaik and it's not derived from a mobile phone brand. Not sure how else to explain this inconsistence...