Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,787 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

CantThinkOfOne2013

Unpopular Opinions Thread

Hmmm nice bike

-Jokes (storyline, programs, shows, commercials; except Moorehead (tv or radio) and The Loneliest Robot in Great Britain) are unfunny and try hard. "Adult" jokes are totally immature, except perhapse Sweet's comments during Home Coming, which were later exploited in IV as location names.

Wholeheartedly agree here, for the most part. I don't find much of the humor on the radio and in-game media in V, as well as some of it in IV and even in SA to some extent, to actually be funny. I think VCPR's "Pressing Issues" in VC and VCS is the best talk radio they've ever had. A lot of the other stuff does feel try-hard. Jokes and attempts at satire often fall flat because it's either too silly or too obvious (for example, the political attack ads between Jock Cranley and the other candidate in V). Saints Row 1's radio even had better satire on American culture and politics. I think the problem stems from whoever comes up with the content for in-game media. They obviously think they're funny, even though they have the sense of humor of a 13-year-old and much of the end result is not funny at all and is more annoying to listen to than anything. They should either tone down the jokes and go for more subtle humor, or just hire actual comedians (and people other than Lazlow who have actually worked in radio and media) to create and produce in-game media for them.

GrudgefromSanAndreas

GTAV is most fun without cheats (but also most stressful if you are in huge trouble with law enforcement and you want to escape and if there's no way out but to give up/die), Vice City is fun both with and without and San Andreas mostly with cheats :p

And if i ever get IV i'd only enter vehicle spawn cheats :pp

ten-a-penny

and San Andreas mostly with cheats :p

Oh you have NO IDEA. Whole reason why I enjoyed SA in the day was the giant number of cheats. Funz!

ten-a-penny
Posted (edited)

yeah, there are a lot of missions (over 90%) in IV which are just the same, copy/pasted and repetitive in nature, and yet people don't complain about it.

wat

Many people say otherwise. GTA:IV and its DLCs is literally unplayable for me because of that.

E:

wtf. I intended to add this reply in my first one. How did it ended up being a separate post? Owell, too late now.

Edited by ten-a-penny

I*GTA*

All GTAs, except perhaps IV and TLAD, have OTT missions, that's not the problem, It's a problem when a supposedly FUN mechanism doesn't work as intended (if at all), and, when "realism" is on & off for no reason whatsoever; forklift anyone?

CoolMods
Posted (edited)

Trevor is the worst protoganist ever created.

Radio Los Santos in V is a good radio station.

VC is overrated.

3D Liberty City is better than HD Era Liberty City (i love GTA IV, but i still gotta admit this).

GTA SA is the best gta ever made.

Only good HD ERA Gta's are IV, TLAD, TBOGT.

Edited by CoolMods

Jeansowaty

Okay, I hope nobody will kill me for this (looking at you my GTA IV brothers and sisters), but I believe...

...that Niko's character in the beginning of the game is a bit inconsistent. I'm talking about Niko's morals regarding killing. In Bleed Out he seems to be against killing yet 2 missions later he doesn't have a problem with gunning down random Jamaican goons. Then a bit later he has a big problem with killing one minor Russian thug he barely knows and 2 missions later he doesn't have any problem killing an important Russian criminal (but this can be a bit justified because he's sure that the Mafia won't care about him). As the story progresses though it gets better, he accepts that he's a killer and by the end he tries to stop it.

TheOneLibertonian
Posted (edited)

Okay, I hope nobody will kill me for this (looking at you my GTA IV brothers and sisters), but I believe...

...that Niko's character in the beginning of the game is a bit inconsistent. I'm talking about Niko's morals regarding killing. In Bleed Out he seems to be against killing yet 2 missions later he doesn't have a problem with gunning down random Jamaican goons. Then a bit later he has a big problem with killing one minor Russian thug he barely knows and 2 missions later he doesn't have any problem killing an important Russian criminal (but this can be a bit justified because he's sure that the Mafia won't care about him). As the story progresses though it gets better, he accepts that he's a killer and by the end he tries to stop it.

I feel somewhat in the same boat too. It did sort of bothered me that seemed Niko completely changed his stance on killing without hesitation and didn't really gave much reason to state accepting Jacob's job without doubt. But in regarding Jacob, he might have done it to help his cousin and liking Jacob a lot when first meeting him. Killing Vlad though is a different story though. Niko was clearly seething through anger and to be honest had nothing else to do but kill him. Anyway, he was known to be a hypocrite though. I'll admit it does hinder his character a little bit but in my opinion, it is mostly inconsequential to the story.

Edited by TheOneLibertonian

Dr. Robotnik

Niko can kill Darden on purpose if you want in "Bleed Out", so that part's optional. Niko wasn't sure he'd have to kill anyone in "Jamaican Heat" or "Concrete Jungle"; he was there to provide overwatch in case things went south. Once they did, it just snowballed from there. He didn't feel like killing anyone for Vlad because he can't stand Vlad and doesn't trust him, but he still has the choice to do it anyway. I don't really see any inconsistencies.

Jeansowaty

Okay, you shined some different light on that case. Good arguments there :^:

Wingate167

I'm not a fanboy of any game, I just play the game and evaluate it based on it's own merits.

I*GTA*

Him and Roman's knowledge of English (and Serbian) language is even more inconsistent.

Utopianthumbs

I didn't like the GTA stories games' protagonists all that much. Toni does horrible stuff like blow up an entire district, kill a guy to prove that he's better to his mother, butcher a guy and deliver his remains as food to his shop, and then we're supposed to feel sympathetic when he pleads for respect to his mother or gets cheated by Salvatore? Nah.

As for Vic to go from completely abstaining from anything to do with drugs to building an entire empire based on drugs is somewhat jarring. Also he does it very reluctantly so when you're building his empire you kinda feel like you're being forced by circumstances whereas with Tommy V you actually feel like a criminal kingpin building his empire. I may be biased because VC is my favourite but this is why I don't agree that VCS is better than VC. LCS and VCS are still good games, I just wish their protags were better

CoolMods
Posted (edited)

1. Trevor is garbage, worst protoganist, only dickheads with no taste choose to play as him.

2. Radio Los Santos in GTA V is easily one of the best radios in the game

3. GTA 3 has some no-sense missions

4. Timer in gta 3 is the worst thing ever created next to Trevor

5. VC's map is to small and it's radio stations are lame and corny (except for wildstyle & flash fm).

6. Liberty City (3d era) is a city that should've been featured in more gta's

7. GTA Online is the worst GTA ever created in the planet

8. All Restyled 3D era vehicles to HD look ugly, crappy, ruined their design

9. Banshee in VC is ugly.

10. Swimming in VCS should be without limits (that means you can stay on water infinite like in SA)

11. Claude should have a voice actor will make him gangsta

12. More missions for 8 ball

13. Lugi's sex club should have an interior.

14. Less cash at worthless missions (drive misty for me, luigi's girls).

Edited by CoolMods

eCola

I don't think I would want GTA IV to ever be remastered, and even if that did come to fruition, I don't think I would spend my money on it. I think the game is as fine as it is; the graphics still hold up to this day (at least for me) and they really do fit the gritty atmosphere of Liberty City. But as far as my complaints go, they're mainly about the hideous facial textures that some of the NPCs have.

Mr_Rager

EFLC > Undead Nightmare

jaljax

1. GTA Advance is the worst in the series, but tells an interesting story before the event's of GTA III.

2. I've never had no issue with Claude not speaking.

3. Vice City Stories has a very interesting story because it show's you what it's like to live in the Vance family & many other interesting event's.

I*GTA*

I don't think I would want GTA IV to ever be remastered, and even if that did come to fruition, I don't think I would spend my money on it. I think the game is as fine as it is; the graphics still hold up to this day (at least for me) and they really do fit the gritty atmosphere of Liberty City. But as far as my complaints go, they're mainly about the hideous facial textures that some of the NPCs have.

I prefer to have support patches (system structure (64 bit, etc.), higher resolution (and if I owned any console, backward compatibility)) to useless cash-grab "remasters"; unless built from the ground up, almost always, there's at least one element that stands out in a bad way.

Wingate167

I find it weird that GTA III is the first 3D game made for GTA, but it's also the last game chronologically in the 3D timeline.

gtafaninwest

Cockstar lost themselves

Sinner!
Posted (edited)

I thought Michael was one of the funniest, most well-written & fascinating characters in the series, I just loved his inner conflict & hatred for himself.

Edited by Sinner!