GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Best use of the airstrike I've ever seen..

tdavies457

tdavies457

During a freemode battle with a crafty opponent we ended up in a tense stand-off with me getting a good vantage point up on the roof of a building in vinewood and him stalking down below. This went on for about 10 minutes with each of us throwing a barrage of explosives at the other...stickies, grenades, rpg's, the lot, but to no avail. We ended up taking sly pop-shots at each other, with me at the edge of the roof and him right up against the building at ground level. Then I saw him scampering off down an alleyway just before a jet screamed over me and pumelled the rooftop with about 8-10 rockets. Genius! He drew me to the edge of the roof, threw a flare at the base of the building where there was no chance of me seeing it, then quickly buggered off before the deadly fireworks display.

The airstrikes can work, you've just gotta be clever like that guy.

• Like 2

yeah apparently this is like one of the only ways that the airstrike is useful.

Thats a good use for it but its a failure. It needed to be laser guided in by the player

gta-massy

I did this to a player some time last week on the rooftop opposite the lsc near vinewood was that you ? Lol my psn is Massy07

I got hit by one the other day, really took me by surprise! So rare to see and even rarer to hit! :)

BoJack Cognac

OP - This has been the only time I've found airstrikes useful.
But welcome to November 2013, mate.

:D

• Like 1

TheDjsicdog

I did this to a player some time last week on the rooftop opposite the lsc near vinewood was that you ? Lol my psn is Massy07

Lol could've been

Me

yeah apparently this is like one of the only ways that the airstrike is useful.

not really worth the 8k for it though.

supershocked

yday there was a crate dropping, 5 people standing inside the circle so I called in an airstrike, as I passed by them I throwed the airstrike out of my car directly where they were standing, they had all their adders out and one guy in the mic said oh sh*t and then airstrike hit, killing them and giving me a large bill to pay for their insurance and bad sport label, it was worth it though.

• I swear airstrike was 12k now its 8k , so happy cuz I do airstrikes when I see a large groups to piss them off

Damn.. Thats some good tactic. The only time I used an airstrike was to claim a bounty that was camping in his tank in a cramped alley.

How far apart do the bombs land? One time I was in a similar situation and the other player's icon was right where I threw the flare, but all the bombs missed. Maybe he just got really lucky.

LogScottWood

If you get hold of a bus, take it to the highway and park it across the lanes of traffic, causing a pile up. Call in the airstrike, chuck the flair in to the mass of cars. Happy days.

There were 10 or 11 of my crew having a demolition derby in the power station car park last night. Not a big area. Someone called an airstrike, and only one person died. They really aren't very effective most of the time :lol:

rampage08

There were 10 or 11 of my crew having a demolition derby in the power station car park last night. Not a big area. Someone called an airstrike, and only one person died. They really aren't very effective most of the time :lol:

Lol excellent :lol:

ninjaontour

On a tank

I love people who say this and have obviously never tried it. Airstrikes are useless against tanks. I know from experience, I laugh as they rain down on me.

I threw an airstrike into a crowd of about 4 or 5 free roamers, it killed me and missed everyone else....

• Like 3

TreFacTor

Never been hit with an airstrike even once....you get too much of a warning its coming so I'm outta there before it hits....yup its rubbish.

I swear the jet flying over is so pointless. The other day in a solo session I threw a flare in the middle of the street and drove about a block away. I looked up and saw the jet flying but the missiles were coming vertically as if they were fired from somewhere else.

tdavies457

lol no it happened last night, and he had a really foreign sounding username

If you get hold of a bus, take it to the highway and park it across the lanes of traffic, causing a pile up. Call in the airstrike, chuck the flair in to the mass of cars. Happy days.

yeah I'll definitely be trying this later :)

tdavies457

On a tank

yeah...tanks tend to move though don't they, that's the problem you've got there

This happened to me recently, too. Me and a friend were in our tanks on top of Devin Weston's hangar at the airport, and a guy sneakily went inside the hangar and threw an airstrike flare on the ground. Luckily my friend saw it coming and he missed, but I thought it was very clever. Props to the guy, whoever it was.

tdavies457

This happened to me recently, too. Me and a friend were in our tanks on top of Devin Weston's hangar at the airport, and a guy sneakily went inside the hangar and threw an airstrike flare on the ground. Luckily my friend saw it coming and he missed, but I thought it was very clever. Props to the guy, whoever it was.

you both cargobobed your tanks up there? so much effort for so little fun lol

That is cool and all, but that really belongs here

tdavies457

That is cool and all, but that really belongs here

It isn't just a story though, I'm discussing a much-criticised game mechanic and how it can be used effectively.

grand theft spaghetti

i sat in my tank and didnt move while another player tried to hit me with an airstrike.

i didnt move at all and didnt get hit once. its just a waste of money 90% of the time.

Edited by ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soran Is On

Look up any airstrike thread and this is pretty much the only good suggestion. Use it on snipers on buildings as that's the only place a 20 ft diameter carpet bomb will be effective.

Hers a question I've never answered... If you drop a flare on a moving car does the airstrike move along with it?

tdavies457

Look up any airstrike thread and this is pretty much the only good suggestion. Use it on snipers on buildings as that's the only place a 20 ft diameter carpet bomb will be effective.

Hers a question I've never answered... If you drop a flare on a moving car does the airstrike move along with it?

nope it doesn't, would be more useful against the tank if you could do that

I found out last night these could be used in Captures. That took me by surprise, figured it was just some constant barrage of a grenade launcher at first.

On a tank

yeah...tanks tend to move though don't they, that's the problem you've got there

Go Off Radar, steal a civilian car and approach the Tank slowly.

As you're near and still in the car, call for an Airstrike.

Hold down to throw and don't let go. At the end the player will automatically throw the flare out of his window, make sure it's aimed at the tank.

If you hit the tank, the flare will stick to it like glue and even if he's moving, the Air Strike missiles will actually follow him during the strike.