GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

(Old/New Gen) Character Transition?

KamikaziOtter

Would you start your Online character from scratch on the next-gen console?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Would you start your Online character from scratch on the next-gen console?

• Yes...
    • No...
    • Undecided...

KamikaziOtter

With all of this talk in the news about Sony possibly announcing the Next-gen installment of GTA 5, it got me thinking...

What do you think the likelihood would be of them offering the option of keeping your current character??

Would you even bother starting over your Online character from scratch on the next gen? ...I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on the matter!

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Rolling Otter

Killzone3265

only if they manage to "perfect" online

meaning, no need for grinding the same missions, no glitches, etc

GTA-Freak-Vi

If it does get released for Next Gen, then the whole character creation system should be different.

No and I won't buy a ps4 until I can transfer or it plays 3d bluray. Preferably both:).

If I have to start over I'll stay with my PS3 version. I've spend over 100 hours to get where I am, you think I'll just throw that away?

Edited by poklane

Well if everything is on the cloud, then the character info should be on Rockstar servers so could be transferable.

If the game does come to next gen, I would hope they fix the crappy character creator.

VeLj9s6.png FUn2RUo.png

So Awesome

If I have to start over I'll stay with my PS3 version. I've spend over 100 hours to get where I am, you think I'll just throw that away?

Yes.

I don't want an Xbox one, but if I get a ps4 my character won't carry forward anyway since I'm on the Xbox 360 and your character is linked to your profile.

Considering our stats and properties are in the R* cloud, I think it should be easily transferable.

Fail_At_GTA

I'm not buying next gen for a few years, probably around when GTA 6 comes out.

E•MO•TION

If it does get released for Next Gen, then the whole character creation system should be different.

You're still here! <3

Anyway, I would never start the game over again on a next gen console, not in its current state. Heck, the idea of purchasing a $400+ console for such a poorly designed game such as GTAO is quite laughable actually. However if the next gen version has some additional perks (such as the rumoured LC DLC) then I may reconsider.

L8m1zfV.png

Hallgarth

I remember hearing somewhere that PSN on the PS3 will stop in 2015 (No idea about the 360). If that's the case then it only has another year in it if it doesn't go to next gen.

CReaper210

I would be willing to start at level 1 again.

But when GTA5 comes to next gen, I highly doubt we will have to. Everything is stored on the servers.

KennethMBB

You do know your online character information is saved in their servers right? GTA5 will be the same game just better visuals if it was ported on the ps4. If you're using a playstation account your character information will transfer over because your character is linked to your playstation account. Same with your microsoft account.

I remember hearing somewhere that PSN on the PS3 will stop in 2015 (No idea about the 360). If that's the case then it only has another year in it if it doesn't go to next gen.

lol.... Yeah, sony would turn off their servers for a console that is still selling like hot cakes for them. It'll be atleast another 4-6 years before sony considers turning off the servers and thats only when game developers decide to turn off theirs as well. You have to remember, sony makes money off the PSN. I wouldn't doubt if it goes on for another decade.

Edited by KennethMBB

Hell no. I have over 1250 hours on my character. No way I'm starting over.

Lucius Aelius

Absolutely not, no way in hell I'm doing all that again from scratch. I don't even own next gen at the moment, but if they release it on Xbox One (and carry over my characters) I would almost certainly buy the new console just for that. If they released it on Xbox One and didn't carry over my characters, then even if I buy the new Xbox eventually I won't buy GTA V/Online for it. That being said I can't imagine why they wouldn't carry over, it's all saved to the cloud anyway and R* would be utterly incompetent (and stupid) not to have it work that way.

Just like every time an 11 year old posts an idea, people will take it as a rumor...then as a fact & forthcoming product from R*...then blame R* for not delivering their promise.

R* has barely ever gone to E3, let alone let someone else make their announcements. Should a port ever come, it isn't happening at E3 & certainly not this early, with story DLC left to be made.

• Like 1
6IBTBOM.png

prestonchan

if the character can be transfer, that means they didnt change a damn thing for GTAO next gen.

brose_sfr

I have no problem starting over. ive been a little bored since I hit 120, so a fresh start doesn't seem horrible.

I've invested too much time and into the character I have. If they don't allow the transfer, I'd keep playing it on the 360 instead.