What is the origin of the universe?

KD himan

I always argue on this topic with my classmates, but as you know, i have a deep imagination about these things and i watch NG and DS much. so i want to ask you guys about your opinions on how universe was created? some says god created it but i think god were first a human, and human was made from cells before Atoms bla bla bla. i know earth was formed from a fire ball which was cooled down and turned into crust. [ i am not explaining this much ] and other molecules in air started the revolution of Living beings. but overall, there are more planets then earth, they are counted in Solar system and there's a maybe galaxy over it. i think universe is the first thing. so how it get formed? who made us? how solar system came? god created it? every religion and scientists have their own theory about it. i follow Hinduism, so it says that god Brahma created the universe but other once will opposite of it [ Maybe ]. and i exactly know that there is no one in this world to answer this question, but still i want your reviews about it.

sorry if i bored you from my science but i cant speak English well, so please try to understand me what i want to say. thanks :)

• Like 1

sig.png

SoftTouch

I think it was there from the beginning. Scientists can't prove everything.

There's a tenet called Solipism, which says everything in this world is only in your mind. Your mind creates it all.

I believe that we're living in The Matrix.

• Like 1

Mr. Scratch

I think it was there from the beginning. Scientists can't prove everything.

The universe is expanding: the distance between far-away regions of space (for instance, between our galaxy and distant galaxy clusters) is increasing with time. So if we would travel back in time, we will reach periods of cosmic history in which the galaxies were much closer together than they are today.

The whole cosmos was filled with a homogeneous mixture of different types of matter particles and electromagnetic radiation, in a universe that was essentially static, there wouldn't have been any dynamical reason why the stars should have suddenly turned on.

Too much technobabble? Basically, the universe wasn't always there, it was born, formed over billions of years.

Edited by Mr Scratch
  • Like 1

This is probably going to end up as another God debate but we'll try it for now. Title edited.

Ld8Bhg8.gif

Shoumaker

The Big Bang Model doesn't attempt to explain how the Universe was created or by whom. Einstein's theory of relativity links the measurements of space and time so properly we need to imagine the Big Bang was a creation of space and time.

Hence, there's not much sense in asking what happened before the Big Bang because the notion of before and after also known as time itself was created in the Big Bang.

Mr. Scratch

I agree, let's keep the big guy outta this. People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff.

It's all...bumpy-wumpy, there's loads of boring stuff, like Sundays and Tuesdays and Thursday afternoons.

And let's not talk about time travel because if we talk about time travel sh*t then we're gonna be here all day, drawing diagrams with straws.

Edited by Mr Scratch
  • Like 2

If you can answer that question and provide irrefutable evidence then do me a favour and tell the Nobel Committee that I helped; I would very much like an exclusive parking space at Berkeley.

I have read up on the zero-energy universe hypothesis which is what Krauss uses to explain a universe from 'nothing' and it also happens to be the one that my physics teacher agrees on. However, unlike the Big Bang theory for instance or say the theory of Inflation, it isn't as prevailing due to limited evidence.

The only answer we have at the moment is 'we don't know'. We may have some substantial answers in the near future. It hasn't even been 100 years since it was discovered that most of the faint nebulae in the night sky were in fact other galaxies.

Edited by NCONiall
  • Like 1

Mr. Scratch

I'll try and pull some strings but the most I can promise is one slightly off campus.

There is no origin. Reason came after the act.

spacer.png

GTA36362355

i follow Hinduism, so it says that god Brahma created the universe

God Brahma didn't make the universe. It is said that he made the earth suitable for life.

This reminds me of what I read and understood from Shiv Purana. Lord Shiva IS the universe. He always says that he is nothing as well as everything. Lord Brahma, Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva are the Hindu Trinity.

When Lord Brahma and Lord Vishnu were battling for superiority, Lord Shiva reached there and saw that LB and LV were about to use their deadly weapons- Brahma Astra and Narayanastra respectively. Fearing the destruction, which these deadly weapons would cause, Lord Shiva intervened and manifested into a pillar of fire with one end going up the sky and the other going down the earth (which signify two ends of infinity). Both were sent in opposite directions to reach the ends to compete for superiority. Lord Brahma found a withered Ketki flower on his path and the flower told him that he had been present there since the beginning of the creation, but was unable to know about the origin of that ‘Pillar of fire’. The flower also advised Lord Brahma against making any effort in that direction, as it would be of no use. Lord Brahma then sought the help of Ketki flower to be a false witness of his success in seeing the limit of that pillar of fire. This lie is the reason why there are none of his temples as he was ultimately caught and cursed.

Mythology makes sense in what it signifies.

Edited by deepthroatgta6

This is probably going to end up as another God debate but we'll try it for now. Title edited.

jesus_troll_face.png

But Jesus loves you.

spacer.png

First of all you need to understand "nothing" does not exist, there was always something

And this something is the creator of the universe, Is infinite, is the life of all of us

If you understand the concept of infinite, you will understand what God means

although it is hard to understand I believe in it

• Like 1

lil weasel

Not a reply to the previous poster.

So, your saying that God created itself, but killed off the other Gods and then Christians created more demi-gods (Saints) But who ever made the first set of gods also created the universe(s), with a big bang that might have weakened the other gods who created themselves? since the earth is only 5,000 years old.... how many years ago was that. And were the Chinese the first to keep tract of the years gone by?

It is so confusing, especially to someone who doesn't CARE!

You live and you die, and you live again. The wheel of time rotates. Keep it simple...

Edited by lil weasel

Samuel Howitzer

When Cthulhu hath riseth from the other world.

sivispacem

I was going to say we already have a topic on this and helpfully point it out, but upon finding it I noticed you were the first f*cking reply in it.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/693000-views-on-space/

Yeah, this thread is a bit superfluous and it likely to descend into the creationist types (of all kinds) creating huge, rambling diatribes about how there's higher-level code in DNA and how the structure of the eye is proof God exists. So on that not, aaaam oot.

• Like 2

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4