Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,988 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

darkwar854

FIX passive mode

darkwar854

Passive mode is so useless. First of all, you can get killed in it. Second of all, you have no way of defending yourself. What do you do if some loser comes in with a tank and runs you over? Nothing, because R* don't know how to fix passive mode. Passive mode should be a "ghost" mode. You get guns and all that, but you can't harm other players, and they cannot harm you. They can't run you over because your character is like a ghost. That's how you fix passive mode.

Warlordfrost

They did fix it, damn firetruck is useless now

darkwar854

They didn't fix it the right way.

I will pwn you newbs

Yeah I agree. This would be the perfect passive mode. It would be really fun actually.

Xyn
AlexSniperBullet

Passive mode is so useless. First of all, you can get killed in it. Second of all, you have no way of defending yourself. What do you do if some loser comes in with a tank and runs you over? Nothing, because R* don't know how to fix passive mode. Passive mode should be a "ghost" mode. You get guns and all that, but you can't harm other players, and they cannot harm you. They can't run you over because your character is like a ghost. That's how you fix passive mode.

Passive mode does need a lot of work. i agree with the ghost mode which would be called No-contact like the one they are going to add in the race. that would really help.

JohnnyCallisto

They didn't fix it the right way.

I totally agree

darkwar854

How would it be exploited? If you can't interact with other players, then it's perfect.

Xyn

How would it be exploited? If you can't interact with other players, then it's perfect.

Snipers or griefers would have no problem getting to their ideal positions/tanks.

Edited by Xyn

darkwar854

Snipers or griefers would have no problem getting to their ideal positions/tanks.

And? You do realize that you can also use it?

Xyn

And? You do realize that you can also use it?

So I should become the problem as well...not to mention a common bitch?

No thanks, I'd rather the system remain the way it is.

Is this The Guy?

Passive mode is fine, i just get to higher ground if im against tanks.

A ghost mode would just make it so that the griefers would get to their tank untouched.

CarimboHanky

agree...

at first i didnt care about passive mode because back then we had the teleport glitch which was very handy...

now that we dont have that glitch, passive mode is simply useless when you get pinned in a area by some tankers.

leaving you with no choice but to switch session.

ky1e1792

The most annoying thing is being in passive mode and having a wanted level. You can't retaliate against the LSPD.

LambentBunny

agree...

at first i didnt care about passive mode because back then we had the teleport glitch which was very handy...

now that we dont have that glitch, passive mode is simply useless when you get pinned in a area by some tankers.

leaving you with no choice but to switch session.

Or use the join quick job feature to move around the map.

darkwar854

Passive mode is fine, i just get to higher ground if im against tanks.

A ghost mode would just make it so that the griefers would get to their tank untouched.

Maybe, but they can't grief if passive mode works.

YoungMivy

Passive mode to me is if you need to be afk for a second. If you don't want to be killed then leave the session simple as that. Just my two cents :)

floof

Honestly you shouldn't be able to kill someone then turn passive mode on right after either. The whole concept is f*cked.

If you want to play in a mode where you can't kill each other they need to bring back the friendly fire on/off game mode variation. You can't have peace amongst war lol.

Vooodu

lol.. But they would not be able to do anything if they can't 'interact' with a passive player. What are the gonna do,, play i spy with my little eye?

If they can add gimpy ghost racing to races they can add a passive mode that actually means passive. Not this part time passive mumbo jumbo...

Awesom-0

R* just needs to give us the cops/no cops, auto aim/free aim, and friendly fire on/ friendly fire off options already. -_-

AntonioJamal97

20Th passive mode post this week

darkwar854

lol.. But they would not be able to do anything if they can't 'interact' with a passive player. What are the gonna do,, play i spy with my little eye?

If they can add gimpy ghost racing to races they can add a passive mode that actually means passive. Not this part time passive mumbo jumbo...

That's the idea. We want to discourage griefers.

blk95ta

I want a real passive mode including when i am in a car. I hate how players will try to force you into a pvp battle by running you over if you're in passive. I also think you should be able to use passive in a car and not get shot. If you hit someone with the car while in passive, they should just go through you.

fw3

Dear darkwar854, I mean this with all sincerity and respect, but the majority of the posts I read of yours are major bummers, pointing out flaws and disappointments in an online game.

I'd enjoy reading your happy moments or perspectives in the game, or some positive aspects we can all share and revel in.

As for Passive Mode, I love it, because once you learn to really understand it, you can really be destructive or deceptive with it.

It's nothing more than a tool that the game provides to achieve certain tasks.

My favorite is to revenge on a player by sending Mercs, Mugger, and a Bounty on them, then going into Passive and taunting them while the reinforcements come, taking them by surprise.

Anyhow, the game is awesome. Let's start from there and go forward. ;)

Vooodu

As for Passive Mode, I love it, because once you learn to really understand it, you can really be destructive or deceptive with it.

^Pretty much the reason why passive is bullsh*t.

I mean ya.. It helps avoid those cheap shots after finish a job or leaving a store. But its mostly a get out of getting your ass kicked card. Which is mostly used by players after their trolling spree comes to an end.

I use it all the time to f*ck with people too. IMO thats not what i should be used for.

Edited by Vooodu

Fail_At_GTA

Its called PASSIVE mode, not GOD mode. I highly suggest you look up what passive actually means, you'd be surprised that it means exactly what passive mode is like.

Also you're like the 10,000th person to make this exact same thread. Make you should just look stuff up in general...

Edited by Fail_At_GTA

darkwar854

^Pretty much the reason why passive is bullsh*t.

I mean ya.. It helps avoid those cheap shots after finish a job or leaving a store. But its mostly a get out of getting your ass kicked card. Which is mostly used by players after their trolling spree comes to an end.

I use it all the time to f*ck with people too. IMO thats not what i should be used for.

It would help if they either give us a friendly lobby, or have passive players not interact with non-passive players.

BoJack Cognac

Passive Mode is fine the way it is.

darkwar854

Its called PASSIVE mode, not GOD mode. I highly suggest you look up what passive actually means, you'd be surprised that it means exactly what passive mode is like.

Passive mode = you can't use guns, can't drive cars, can't walk on sidewalks. So, you basically have to be standing on top of a building to play the game in passive mode. That's not how it should be. Passive mode was created so you can avoid the griefing dickheads, but it doesn't do anything when you can get run over.

BoJack Cognac

What this man said. Passive simply means you're not looking for a fight.

People can still kick a passive person's ass whether that passive person wants it or not.