GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Expansion of game for higher level characters

Christacoma

Christacoma

I feel that there should be some new content aimed at higher level characters. Why should players that have been playing the game since way back when, or even newer players, who have managed to make it past level 120 be forced to farm the same paltry missions as people who are so much less advanced? How about some missions that pay out better than RR. I have been playing this game since week 1 and I have earned it. Lower levels don't even have the same costs as a higher level, insurance for an entity, rockets, mini gun ammo ect...

I Would love to hear from other players, what your thoughts are.

007Nick700

Just FYI, you don't HAVE to have an Entity, you don't have to blow up everything with your RPG or Minigun, etc

• Like 2

Christacoma

But that stuff is in the game, am I supposed to not use it... There are more expensive cars as well. It just seems that as one progresses in a game the rewards should as well, that hasn't happened since level 80 (I think)...

CarimboHanky

i agree, as a high level that have been playing since day 1, i feel we need stuff aimed at us, either high paying missions that unlock at level 120 or higher, some gun that unlock at higher levels stuff like that...

i enjoy the game but sometimes people need something to look forward to, once you reach 120 there is nothing else.

• Like 1

ghostrider135

R* could and should add stuff aimed at higher level players to keep them interested, But then you would get all the squeakers complaining asking why they can't have it blah blah blah, I'd class myself as a high level player and even decided I might call it a day once I hit rank 200 which isnt very far off, There is really nothing to keep my interest in it anymore truthfully.

Darth_Rob

From a marketing standpoint, why create ANY new content for high level players? Is R* going to spend any time and money to roll out some new content, only to say "Oh,but you need to be level 278 to play it"?

Who cares if the high level players get bored and quit? They aren't the ones buying the game cards. You need to be constantly bringing in new players to keep an MMORPG alive and profitable.

Edited by Darth_Rob
  • Like 3

CrysisAverted

Only level 150 and above can fly to Las Venturas and San Fierro, you know cause just like in SA you needed progress to make it there without police on your ass

• Like 1

PoisoNinja140_48

Just FYI, you don't HAVE to have an Entity, you don't have to blow up everything with your RPG or Minigun, etc

Yeah!! Just an FYI, you don't even have to play the game!!

Gtfo man.....

From a marketing standpoint, why create ANY new content for high level players? Is R* going to spend any time and money to roll out some new content, only to say "Oh,but you need to be level 278 to play it"?

Who cares if the high level players get bored and quit? They aren't the ones buying the game cards. You need to be constantly bringing in new players to keep an MMORPG alive and profitable.

From a marketing standpoint it makes to abandon your high level (probably most active) players and give new members nothing to look forward to......

Yeah, that's great marketing...

Darth_Rob

Gtfo man.....

From a marketing standpoint it makes to abandon your high level (probably most active) players and give new members nothing to look forward to......

Listen to the high-level players. They all talk like old men bored with life. They aren't long for this world. R* might toss them a bone from time to time, but the bulk of the new content and development will be devoted to new and lower level players. That's just the way it is.

On the other hand, someone mentioned Los Venturas as a high-level player area. That's very plausible. Other MMORPG's introduce new areas for higher level players, and it encourages lower-level players to spend time and money to level up and get there. But no one is going to spend a dime to level up their character just to get a new Martin mission or two.

Edited by Darth_Rob
  • Like 1

Zwenkwiel

you make a very valid point.

there really is NO end game content.

once you reach the higher levels there's really nothing new to do

sure you could play RR for the gazillionth time but at such a high level you'd expect an increased challenge and rewards to match

I think one of the big problems with the MMO-ish style of the game is the lack of loot

sure there's stuff to buy which could be considered as loot but it's all pretty generic and most of it's useless

as far as jobs go there's no incentive at all to play one job over the other, you just pick the one that takes little time and pays a lot and play that over and over.

I kind of hoped for different quest lines to progress trough or something

or even on-going PVP battles between factions.

as it stands it's just some random jobs and activities with a weak MMO sauce on top.

and than there's cashcards, don't even get me started on those f*ckers, but suffice to say they don't really help

• Like 1

brose_sfr

congrats on 100% of the story mode, & achieving all the awards in the SC. sorry that there's nothing else for you to do in this sandbox.

tip: next time don't blow through the game so fast. set a steady pace, & for the love of Pete don't grind!

I'm past level 120, & I guess I'm a little "bored", but I still have a Buzzard & possibly a tank to buy. maybe I'll buy an airplane. one thing I won't do is grind or farm.

imagine your only level 30 and an update comes out, but you won't be able to access that content for another month or so...

the only thing they should unlock for high level players is the 3rd+ character slots.

PoisoNinja140_48

Gtfo man.....

Listen to the high-level players. They all talk like old men bored with life. They aren't long for this world. R* might toss them a bone from time to time, but the bulk of the new content and development will be devoted to new and lower level players. That's just the way it is.

On the other hand, someone mentioned Los Venturas as a high-level player area. That's very plausible. Other MMORPG's introduce new areas for higher level players, and it encourages lower-level players to spend time and money to level up and get there. But no one is going to spend a dime to level up their character just to get a new Martin mission or two.

Wow , I never actually thought about that.. Most of the games like that do have those type of areas and that would make sooooo much sense..

And yeah I agree, I don't think level locked content is a good idea at all, but yeah missions every now and then is alright.

But damn new areas...that's good for both types of players lol

MrYoungGun

They should have spread out the unlocks further up to around level 250 or so, its pretty ridiculous to allow a player to buy a rifle but require them to reach 1 more level for the grip, 1 more for the suppressor, etc. Another aspect they could have done but chose not to is use the legend system from rdr and max payne 3. While it didn't really reward too much for completing each legend rank, it gave us goals to strive for and in rdr I had a little different experience each time through the 50 levels. The awards in this game are a big mistake too in my opinion, they could have attached more unlockables to them like certain car parts, Lester abilities, weapon attachments, clothes and some special individual skills instead of just a few tattoos that look like smeared sh*t to other players.

Its all woulda coulda shoulda and its too late to change those things now, its up to Rockstar to add something new to capture the attention of higher level players, I'm not sure they are able or even care to do.

FrozenInferno

I've been playing since day one also, with around six days worth of play logged, and I'm still only level 55 or so. I'm what you'd call a very casual player, I've spent probably five days of that time in-game screwing around in free mode and having fun. I'm in no rush and I still have a ton of stuff to unlock and look forward to. I've rushed through games before and gotten bored quickly but not this time.

kjahcleveland

I agree with OP. I'm a legit 265 and also 100% the story before October 1st. I really miss lookin forward to unlocking clothes, cars, guns, etc. But that will not stop me from playing

PSN - dashGTA

Twitter @dashGTA

Social Club - 86esperanto

CarimboHanky

the only thing they should unlock for high level players is the 3rd+ character slots.

i know people that have reached 120+ with their main character, 120+ with the second character, what are we supposed to do with a 3rd character start again til we reach 120?

come on man, its doesnt matter if you rush through the game or not, once you reach 120 there is very little to that keep people wanting more.

i play everyday and still enjoy the game like its the first day but still some love for high players would be great!

• Like 2

I think we should definitely have access to special higher paying missions and access to some of North Yankton!

• Like 1

E•MO•TION

As much as people are going to hate me for this, possible unlocks for rank 120+ players could include mansions.

Edited by 2281

L8m1zfV.png

Evershade

Keep high-level players interested, or try to appeal to new gamers? It's a question as old as mmo's (and similar genres) themselves, and from the look of the current landscape, there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer. Look at the progression of the most popular mmo's. Over the last few years, the big ones have been moving away from 'endgame' content, and have begun catering to a more casual crowd. That being said, WoW has lost millions of subscribers over the past few years. Other models, such as f2p have done remarkably well with that approach, however. Unfortunately, they decided to go for the latter model, so unless we are willing to pay R* every month, high-level player support will not make economic sense to them. Opportunity lost, imo...

• Like 1

backward_axis

I am definitely down for anything that unlocks at higher levels. It makes no sense that R* would have a level system that tops at 1000, but stops rewarding at 120. Because of that, I can only imagine that they have more stuff in mind.

I would happily grind like a dirty b@st@rd if level 500 unlocked some sort of Dildo Cannon.

I think we should definitely have access to special higher paying missions and access to some of North Yankton!

Cos that would work. You have access to higher paying missions aka rooftop rumble. But you can invite level 1s to play. How would a level 150 mission be any different? Sure they could lock it out to under level 150 players. But we all know how that would turn out with the matchmaking system......

The game needs a direction for everyone. Not just higher level players. The problem is there no progress to be made or direction to move in. So you never feel like your getting anywhere. Adding a few more spammable jobs wouldnt fix anything. Instead of grinding a youd be grinding b and still going nowhere.

How about

Cos that would work. You have access to higher paying missions aka rooftop rumble. But you can invite level 1s to play. How would a level 150 mission be any different? Sure they could lock it out to under level 150 players. But we all know how that would turn out with the matchmaking system......

The game needs a direction for everyone. Not just higher level players. The problem is there no progress to be made or direction to move in. So you never feel like your getting anywhere. Adding a few more spammable jobs wouldnt fix anything. Instead of grinding a youd be grinding b and still going nowhere.

Well what do you suggest? Lets hear your ideas, complaining is cheap. Coming up with solutions take effort....so what direction would you put the tens of millions of players?

I've put loads of suggestions out. One of which would be to make things matter.

Make it so what you do today is remembered tomorrow. If today I steal a titan for lester. Maybe tomorrow I unlock another job that tells me why I stole that titan. To smuggle some armoured trucks into los santos for a bank raid. If I didnt steal the titan I couldnt access that job. And if I successfully smuggle the armoured trucks in to los santos tomorrow then maybe I can do a raid the next day. And so on and so on.

Suddenly the jobs and missions have a purpose and a direction. And you might find as you do more the pedestrians treat you differently. At first your scum but as you progress they may treat you like a don when you walk past...

At present nothing matters. Does martin treat me any differently if ive done rooftop rumble once or a hundred times. No he doesnt. Itd be cool if he trusted me more with each successful mission I did and maybe I could unlock some major mission of high importance that only I am trusted with.

So many ways to add direction and progression

Edited by dzian

Not sure if maps where only the higher ranks can come are a good idea tbh, you could all just go there if the lower ranks are hunting you down ;)

Maybe just unlocking some exclusive stuff like for example the mansions as suggested earlier in this thread (by 2281), then it would actually make sense to accept an apartment/mansion invite from a high ranked player.

Chekoloco

I love GTA! I will play GTAV and Online until GTA VI comes out! I don´t f**cking care the bunch of complainers!

• Like 1

AnotherUserName

Abandoning your high level players while solely focusing on newbies won't accomplish anything, and neither will the opposite. You have to have both. In a persistent world game, you want to keep people playing as long as possible while simultaneously trying to attract new players. In any business, you should never not care about losing customers; for any reason. That's just plain bad business. If you lose high-leveled player after high-leveled player due to boredom, and refuse to give them proper incentive to keep playing, it won't take long before the low-level players realize that there is really no point to keep playing if the game is only going to get shallower as they progress. There should always be some kind of goal or end game or something to work towards to keep people motivated.

High-level content shouldn't ever be the only thing added, but it should always be considered. You want to retain existing customers and keep them playing as long as possible and give the low-levels something to strive for; but at the same time the low-level content should always be robust enough to keep players going. Periodic new additions will keep things fresh, but you have to have those long term goals that will keep people playing and also attempt to get back any who may have left for whatever reason. Favoring one end over the other will only cause the game to stagnate: it will either not develop early on due to all the worthwhile content being locked away, or it will reach a point where there is simply no reason to play anymore due to having nothing new to experience or work towards.

• Like 1

ninjaontour

Only level 150 and above can fly to Las Venturas and San Fierro, you know cause just like in SA you needed progress to make it there without police on your ass

Laughed my ass off at this, well played.

• Like 1

What if they also had some fun weapons like a chainsaw or flamethrower for high level players?

• Like 1

godziller

I would say they should add some fighting styles and such but who fights without weapons in this game?

• Like 1