GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Targeting Mode is Glitched

Bounty33

I know this subject has been discussed before, but not much attention has been brought to this matter.

As we all know, there are three different targeting modes: free aim, traditional GTA, and aim assist. Now for some time, I have been "glitched" into free aim permanently, even when I change my targeting mode to the other two, I cannot lock on at all.

Has this happened to anyone before? If so, did you find a solution?

Tell us what you know.

Do you join your friend's lobbies? If so, he/she may be in a free-aim lobby, so in order to join him the game changes your aim preference.

Do you join a friend's job activity? After completion, sometimes you get returned to a free-aim lobby if, again, your friend or contact had this aim setting selected.

Other than that, I can say you should be happy in FA; it's the best way to play IMO.

• Like 1
6IBTBOM.png

Biohazard Abyss

The game is doing you a favor! Why are you not happy?

• Like 1
klZZFxG.png

Nope.

At best I've experienced periods where the aim settings seem to forget themselves, but nothing permanent.

iz5LICs.gif

Ai®a©ob®a

Have you tried joining a friend who is in a AA/TA lobbies?

When you switch lobbies with a difference trageting system it tell you, that you are changing lobbies and ask if you are sure if you want to join.

Try and join a friend in the AA/TR lobby and then exit online though the D-Pad wheel and then go into your settings in SP change it to AA/TA and then join your friend lobby again see if that fixes it.

If it did you won't get that message telling you that you are going into a difference trageting lobby

Edited by AiraCobra
3aln5uP.jpg

Do you join your friend's lobbies? If so, he/she may be in a free-aim lobby, so in order to join him the game changes your aim preference.

Do you join a friend's job activity? After completion, sometimes you get returned to a free-aim lobby if, again, your friend or contact had this aim setting selected.

Other than that, I can say you should be happy in FA; it's the best way to play IMO.

Most of my friends play in traditional Gta and assisted aim sessions. I am the only one on my friends list to be experiencing this glitch.

I don't have a problem playing in free aim sessions, but it's challenging to combat other players on foot in assisted aim and traditional Gta sessions when I am the only one stuck in free aim.

Have you tried joining a friend who is in a AA/TA lobbies?

When you switch lobbies with a difference trageting system it tell you, that you are changing lobbies and ask if you are sure if you want to join.

Try and join a friend in the AA/TR lobby and then exit online though the D-Pad wheel and then go into your settings in SP change it to AA/TA and then join your friend lobby again see if that fixes it.

If it did you won't get that message telling you that you are going into a difference trageting lobby

I appreciate you writing this up. Unfortunately, I have tried this without success.

I don't have a problem playing in free aim sessions, but it's challenging to combat other players on foot in assisted aim and traditional Gta sessions when I am the only one stuck in free aim.

Are you absolutely sure everyone else is in AA and you in FA?

What rank do these people have? Usually the game will strip you the AA on certain players if the Rank difference is too vast.

6IBTBOM.png

Are you absolutely sure everyone else is in AA and you in FA?

What rank do these people have? Usually the game will strip you the AA on certain players if the Rank difference is too vast.

I am sure my targeting mode is set to traditional GTA and not free aim.

As for bringing my friends to free aim, that's going to be a challenge.

Interesting, I've never heard of this Auto aim strip before.

Edited by Bounty33