2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Waddy

...::[The Footy Desk]::...

Inttelix

Luiz felipe scolari for Real Madrid coach.

Crokey

Davie Moyes, he'll do a cracking job at Real Madrid.

Girish
On 6/1/2018 at 11:26 PM, Eutyphro said:

Reappointing Ancelotti would be perfectly fine too.

Ancelotti has already signed with Napoli, no? All this Sarri to Chelsea news have been giving me headaches. At this point, I wish we sign no one and stick with Conte for another year.

Eutyphro

Yeah Ancelotti signed at Napoli. I thought of that after I posted and it is in the edit description.

Btw, ridiculous how Löw dropped Sané from his squad. Big mistake.

Crokey

Dropping Sane is inSane.

PS Yaya Toure, great player, but a total f*cking knob

Eutyphro
Posted (edited)

Sané has been so fabulous this season, that I would consider him the best German player in general at the moment, and dropping him from the squad makes Löw a total knobhead.

Edited by Eutyphro

Crokey

Low was probably too busy picking his arse and sniffing it to see how good Sane has been this season.

Tchuck

Yeahh, dropping Sane was pretty stupid. Ditto for Belgium not calling up Nainggolan, who has been pretty solid for Roma.

Oh well, 10 days left to the World Cup!

Jason

Was reading German fans opinions on Sane being dropped, a lot of them weren't surprised, he's apparently not been great for Germany in any of his appearances.

United are all but officially confirmed to have signed Fred from Shakhtar and Diogo Dalot from Porto today. Can't say I've seen either of them play much, Dalot not at all but heard good things about both and City were in for Fred in January so ya'know, can't be that bad! Good to get some transfers in nice and early and pre-WC, hope we can get a few outs like Darmian and Blind too. Fellaini has been strongly linked with Arsenal which is f*cking hilarious.

also Yaya going in on Pep, lmao. 

Crokey

Even worse that Yaya's agent has said that Yaya will play for anyone in the Top 6 for a £1 a week "to prove a point", and that he'll get African Shamen's to put a curse on Pep and City?!?... What a total knob.

City could be wrapping up Jorginho from Napoli in the next day or two with a rumour that Zinchenko might go the other way, which wouldn't surprise me, since he doesn't like the glorious Mancunian liquid sunshine.  And Marhez, an African who Pep won't like according to Yaya, could be signing as well with Patrick Roberts going the other way, which would a good signing for Leicester as well.

Jason

I'll be very surprised if a club in the top 6 takes him. I mean, the box-to-box juggernaut is gone and that's what made him so special. These days he's, at best, a vastly experienced deep lying midfielder but it's not like he's adapted his game for that in his later years, he's got lazier and less defensively disciplined as his career has went on - considering he started at centreback for Barca in the 2009 Champions League final, under Pep.

You'd be signing a squad player who is expecting to start every week and if he doesn't he has a history of (along with his agent) going to the press to talk sh*t. Not a great idea to bring that into your teams dressing room, I don't think.

Laker23

Yaya is something else. Worrying thing is I'm not even surprised with the sh*t he's spewing. I hope no top 6 club takes him up on the offer.

Glad we got two pieces of business done early. Can't say I know much about either Fred or Dalot, but from what I'm reading they both sound incredibly promising.

I'd love Sandro to be done next, but I hear there's been no bid or contact made so far. I can't go another season with Ashley Young as a main choice left-back.

Crokey

The more sh*te Yaya and his agent spew, the less likely someone will sign him, as they wouldn't want that toxicity in the dressing room.

PS Fred is a good player, City were linked with him for good long while.  Although the last player City were heavily linked with that went to United, ain't been doing that well so far... but that's probably due more in part to Jose's negative style of play.

EmSixTeen
Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2018 at 8:08 PM, Eutyphro said:

Are you an Arsenal supporter? Poch is a good coach. Tottenham has played well in comparison to their budget under him. I don't really see many other coaches that fit well with the Real squad. It was ridiculous how quickly they kicked Benitez. Poch just has the right aura for Real in my opinion. I know I'm being very subjective here, but that's my opinion.

"Mauricio Pochettino has managed 414 games for 3 club(s) and has 0 honours to his name."

Edited by EmSixTeen
Formatting.

SouthLand
1 hour ago, EmSixTeen said:

"Mauricio Pochettino has managed 414 games for 3 club(s) and has 0 honours to his name."

Mauricio Pochettino arrived at a team that was bankrupt (RCD Espanyol), and turn into a decent team without having a lot of money. Excelent coach indeed.

EmSixTeen

He's done a good job where he's been at so far, but I just think the hard-on people have for him is a bit premature.

SouthLand

In the Premier League maybe. In La Liga he did a good job. Look at FCB coach, Ernesto Valverde... Outside of Spain nobody knew who he was, and even in Spain, we wasn't a coach known for wining a lot of titles. But when he did a good job with Espanyol and an even better job with Athletic Club.

Sometimes teams hire coaches not because they win trophies but because their playing style fits well into a team's way of playing

Eutyphro

Mou has tipped Poch for being Real coach actually I remember. I think Mou's judgement on that is more relevant than by any of us.

cactus.
Posted (edited)

I think Poch would be crazy to go to Madrid (I mean if it's your lifelong goal to coach that team, then it makes perfect sense, go for it) but he'd probably be sacked as soon as they hit patch of bad form, meanwhile he has a chance to create history at Spurs. They are certainly getting closer to winning trophies, and all it would take is one major one to cement his legacy there. 

Edited by cactus.

Tchuck

Yeah, I think Real is in for a tough spell now. Zidane has take them to the top of Europe 3 times, but now the main stars are aging a bit and looking for greener pastures. Real is still a strong team, but I think some rust is settling in. Whoever takes charge will likely have a short spell and be a transition-type manager and sets Real back on track, like they did with Rafa Benitez. Following up on 3 champions league will be tough.

If Poch is smart, he'll stay at Spurs. They're coming up with a pretty solid team, and will definitely begin to challenge for titles more. I'm looking forward to seeing how Lucas Moura settles in.

Jason

Poch will one day end up at one of the European giants barring a career disaster, but it would be a mistake to move now, especially to Madrid. That squad is just about at the end of it's run and cause it's Madrid it's CL/LaLiga or bye bye. He doesn't need that risk just yet and besides, this season for Spurs could be a special one with the new stadium and all that. Would be a mistake to leave this year. I fear for them when he does though, he's the glue that has kept that team together I reckon.

Inttelix
Posted (edited)

Would not be surprised if Real brought Neymar. There is a lot of speculation.

I hope he doesnt have a fake injury during the world cup like the last one.

Compared to what Mano Menezes did to Cruzeiro, Mauricio Pochettino is a mid-level. 

Menezes began and Cruzeiro was almost falling to 2nd Division. Last year we won a Copa do Brasil. This year we will will Libertadores with him I make the bet. We're taking Flamengo up next. 

Edited by Inttelix
xtra things

SouthLand

Are you guys watching the Promotion Play Offs of your country's lower divisions? I am because i am always interested in the lower division and, it's a way to watch entertaining football before the WC. 

Tchuck

So, talks of Ronaldo going to Juventus are getting stronger. Any of you Euro people heard anything more concrete about it?

Looks like the old lady is hellbent on getting a Champions League title asap, and I reckon having Ronaldo on that team would do wonders for their chances.

Jason

Ronaldo to Juve is done. Wooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

Wolver_321

OMG, I can't believe! As a Juventus fan I'm so happy for my team and for the Italian football in general, Serie A would be popular again thanks to Ronaldo. Our president did a great work during these years, it's incredible how Juve has grown up since the two 7th places achieved in 2009/2010 and 2010/2011 seasons. Ronaldo is the perfect player that could sign for Juve in this moment, he's one best footballers on the world and he has also a lot of people following him that now will switch from Real Madrid to the Old Lady: the club gains more popularity and incomes will increase too (sponsors, t-shirts, TVs, etc.)! Regarding the Champions League, I'm not sure if Ronaldo will be enough for closing the gap with the biggest european teams, we have also to consider that players such as Higuain and Rugani (linked to Chelsea) might leave. Anyway I'm looking for the next season more confidently :)

Tchuck

Holy sh*t it did happen. 112m euros! Wow!

Apparently he also demanded Juventus sign Rakitic to help strengthen the squad. If they can get him too... Massive contenders. Should be an exciting year for Juve!

Wolver_321
Posted (edited)

Rakitic too? Wow, yesterday I read that Ronaldo asked to bring Marcelo to Turin... If all these rumors will be confirmed, Juve would really be a serious contender for the UCL (at least I hope so, 22 years without that cup are way too much :) )

Edited by Wolver_321

Tchuck

Neymar and Mbappe's relationship has broken down

Essentially, piece of sh*t Neymar has been bullying Mbappe through his entire time at PSG, together with Dani Alves. Saying he's not a real footballer because his main strong points are his physique, but not his technique. And a bunch of other stuff.

PSG owner, though, absolutely loves Neymar and basically gives him golden boy treatment, so there's no way Neymar would be punished or forced to stop doing this sh*t. 

I'm hoping Mbappe leaves, and goes ply his trade elsewhere. Let Neymar f*ck up the PSG atmosphere, and show the world his real personality. Would be so beautiful to see him fall from grace.

Now this makes me more interested in France winning the world cup, just something that  Mbappe can show Neymar.

Wolver_321

The only club that could sign Mbappè in this moment is Real Madrid, he's good enough to take Ronaldo's place. Neymar is probably the player I hate the most, but after PSG "spent" 220.000.000€ on him it would be a shame if they sell him after only a year. When Dani Alves came to Juve I started to hate him too, basically he broke the team (and this is probably the reason why he went to PSG)... There are some rumors regarding the 2017 UCL Final (Juventus - Real Madrid 1-4) in which Dani Alves and Bonucci were involved: according to them they "took control" of the dressing room after the 1st half of the match. I'm sorry for Buffon, but PSG won't win the UCL in these conditions, they have to resolve all these issues first.