Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,256 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Waddy

...::[The Footy Desk]::...

Jason

Expecting a bit of a managerial merry go round in the summer, Conte will almost definitely be available and there will be no shortage of teams that want him.

Eutyphro

Neymar set to miss the clash against Real Madrid, potentially out until May. Yeahh, things just got a lot harder for PSG. He was the one creating their better chances in the first leg, and now he's out. Curious to see how Emery will handle it, and who will take his place once he's inevitably fired.

That completely evaporates the chance they still had. They are definitely done.

Tchuck

Yep, no chance. 2-1, with Verratti being sent off. See, Real knows how to play the Champions League. They've been doing sh*t at La Liga, but when it's Champions League time, they know how to bring it up a notch.

Jason

Yea that PSG-Madrid match was the best example of experience vs inexperience in major European football you're ever likely to see. Madrid have a few hot heads them selves but every one of them was no-nonsense last night.

As for tonights results, feel sorry for Spurs, two mistakes two goals, but Juve reminding everyone that they're still a top team and English football isn't all that still. Tough luck to get them in the 1st knockout round, it's not the round any big team wants go out in. Watching that game only really cemented my belief that something is missing in that Spurs midfield though, Dembele is quality but they lack a spark in there. Deli Alli has been very poor this season as well.

Tchuck
Posted (edited)

You don't get to two CL finals in a row for nothing, eh. Considering Juve has kept pretty much the same squad through it all, they will always be a contender as they have the Europe pedigree.

Also, word around the street is that Cavani is looking for a move in the summer... Together with Pastore and Rabiot not being really happy. Cavani is specially unhappy that Neymar has been given nearly free reign to do whatever he wishes, and the Brazilians on the team tend to side with Neymar in any conflict. What seemed like a dream signing is turning out to be quite the headache!

Edited by Tchuck

Bare

wtf is wrong with people actually blaming mourinho for the loss to sevilla ffs. the players let him down, literally everyone except lukaku and bailly underperformed.

sanchez has been very disappointing so far, i can only recall a few good moments in the 10 games or whatever hes played. pogba came off the bench and was awful, idk wtf is wrong with him lately.......any united fan saying mourinho out after that can f*ck off and support another team we are lucky to have him.

Tchuck

Man Arsenal fans must be happy at Sanchez's showings at United so far. Mourinho having to change the team up to accommodate him hasn't turned out that great so far.

Jason

It's a little embarrassing to say given what we've already spent but we really do need another round of massive investment, our fullbacks and CB's apart from Bailly can't play out from the back, we need at least two midfielders and an actual right winger and if Mourinho insists on continuing to play 4231 we need an actual number 10 too. Lingard's work rate and runs are great but our build up play in that formation struggles massively without a person to link it all up.

Going to be an interesting summer window really, I just hope De Gea doesn't call it quits after this.

Eutyphro

I was so impressed with how United played against Liverpool the first half. Their attacks flowed nicely. They really found their perfect formation, which was vaguely similar to one I had suggested, but with McTominay instead of Pogba. So it didn't include Pogba, it didn't include Lingard, and definitely did not include Fellaini. I missed the match yesterday, but considering the formation they played sh*t football was inevitable. Sad, because the first half against Liverpool proved United can play great football.

Tchuck

Ho ho ho boy did Spain trounce Argentina. 6-1. Every single shot on target was converted.

Brazil on the other hand "avenged" the 7-1 by beating Germany 1-0 in Berlin. Though they were missing many key players. Still, a win is a win.

To be honest, I'm half hoping Neymar won't be available for the world cup. I'm liking the way the Brazil team is playing currently, and I feel he'd just destabilize the system as he's not very keen in helping with marking. But I know he'll be selected and played no matter what, cause the media in Brazil loves his every fart.

Jason

Yea some unexpected results in the international break for sure. Going to be an interesting and exciting World Cup with all these stacked teams and seeing which of them perform. Still can't write off Germany, they tend to turn it on in the tournaments but that Spain team looks phenomenal too.

Eutyphro
Posted (edited)

Eventhough Argentina got whacked pretty badly, I have this sense they're going to build a solid team around Messi and Messi's going to pull it home. It's my gut feeling. Spain, Germany, Brazil, Belgium and France all have better teams all round than Argentina, but I don't feel like any of them will win. It will be a fantastic World Cup I think though, because it does really seem like the general level of football has risen since four years ago.

Yes, Spain is f*cking lethal, and they play godly football. But I feel like someone will build a defensive wall that they can't penetrate and outcounter them like has happened in the last few tournaments. Another issue with Spain is that they never have the best morale due to tension with Catalonia.

And actually, England is a pretty interesting and decent team. Not part of the favorites, but they have the quality to beat any team in my opinion.

Edited by Eutyphro

Bare

And actually, England is a pretty interesting and decent team. Not part of the favorites, but they have the quality to beat any team in my opinion.

lmao

Eutyphro

If Portugal can win the Euros, then England can beat anyone. That's my honest opinion.

But I understand the skepticism.

Tchuck

I can agree with that assessment.

Southgate has a very young squad in his hands, and no-one expects them to achieve much. If they play without that pressure, for the experience of being in a World Cup, they have a chance to fare much better than previous English teams, who all had big name stars and thus a lot of pressure to produce something good. And then use the experience to build up for 2022.

If Messi can cope with the pressure again, I can see Argentina taking it. The team is largely the same as it was in 2014, and I'd rate Sabella below Sampaoli. Who knows.

It'll be an awesome tournament that's for sure.

Bare

i honestly think england won't get through the group stage again, how many tournaments in a row do they have to embarrass themselves in before people stop overrating them?

the last time they were good and teams were scared of them was 2006. also they will never play without pressure, as soon as a tournament comes around the english media and fans forget about how they failed last time and start considering them a top team and except them to perform like one.

Cet7P75W8AARZyn.jpg

Jason

Yea England will never go to a major tournament without pressure, it's not necessarily to do with the fans either, just our media big them up massively every time.

I'm very sceptical of how we'll do though, I think it's the worst England team in my life time, we have a very average midfield and a back four (or five) that changes every game. We're twice the team when Deli Alli's not in there but it remains to be seen if Southgate will keep him benched at the WC cause he's the medias goldenboy. We should be getting out of the group, but a quarters place would probably be a "good" finish considering the quality of some of the other nations.

Eutyphro

Harry Kane is a serious striker, and Rashford is a serious talent. A team should be built around them. Maybe something like this?

Pickford
Walker Stones Smalling
Oxlade-Chamberlain Winks Dier Delph
Lingard
Kane Rashford

Being a little creative, this was the best I could come up with. Not bad, but not world beating either.

Acky.

Harry Kane is a serious striker, and Rashford is a serious talent. A team should be built around them. Maybe something like this?

Pickford

Walker Stones Smalling

Oxlade-Chamberlain Winks Dier Delph

Lingard

Kane Rashford

Being a little creative, this was the best I could come up with. Not bad, but not world beating either.

No place for Alli? Lethal with his late runs, 21 years old and needs to be keeping the ante in the squad/lineup. Personally dont think Winks or Delph warrant a start given lack of game time for their respective clubs. Hate to say it but Wilshere ahead of Winks at the moment. And definitely Sterling ahead of Delph.

Eutyphro
Posted (edited)

Sterling is great, but I wanted to go for a three man defence, which left no place for him as I ended up playing without genuine wingers, but with wingbacks. Just like Jason, I'm not a great Alli fan. I think Lingard is a more talented midfielder, and provides more in posession. Delph has played great this season, though he has indeed been out for a while. If he comes back I think the left back/wingback should be his. Winks is pretty young and inexperienced, but he's far more talented in possession in my opinion than Henderson, who is slow and predictable. Wilshere is defensively vulnerable in a formation like this, and I think Winks is a bit more all round than him..

But it was just a fantasy formation, that ultimately doesn't mean much..

Edited by Eutyphro

Jason

We aren't short on fullbacks and we have no need to play players like Ox or Delph out of position, Walker is our first choice RB and Bertrand and Rose are both good leftbacks. Winks is neat and tidy on the ball but hasn't done enough this season to go to the World Cup bar a few good performances (even if one of those was against Madrid). Wilshere, if fit, has to start as he's the only creative midfielder we have but if he's not fit personally I'd like to see Oxlade-Chamberlain in there alongside one of Henderson or Dier, who might play in CB as Southgate wants play CB's who are comfortable on the ball at the back which is probably why Smalling can't get a look in at the moment.

As for Alli, he's a luxury player. Good runs, gets goals but gives you nothing else which as a number 10 in the way we play isn't good enough. He benefits greatly from having players like Eriksen in particular around him at Spurs who take the brunt of the creative responsibility for the team, he's not someone you can expect to run a game or do a defensive/pressing job if needed.

Our front three (or four) will likely be Kane, Rashford, Sterling and Lingard, our back three is anyone's guess at the moment as it's been chopped and changed so much since the old guard fell out of the squad.

Tchuck

Holy hell what a goal by Ronaldo. Dude is completely on for this last half of the season. If he keeps this up, Real will retain the title easily.

Terrible display by Dybala too. A ridiculous dive and then the high kick. Kid has a lot to learn.

f*cking hell. Juventus dominates the Série A, PSG dominates the Ligue 1, Real goes to their homes and absolutely trounces them.

And some still say Ronaldo isn't one of the greatest.

Eutyphro

Real really found their top level again since playing PSG. They seem pretty unstoppable at the moment, and I'm curious whether anyone can stop them. Maybe City.

Crokey

Can't complain about the result, we don't win at Anfield, but those dirty b*stard "fans" who trashed our bus on the way to the ground, they can just f*ck right off and I hope they're all banned from games for life.

Bare
Posted (edited)

that type of sh*t is a big part of football, too bad english football culture has become soft and this rarely happens now. the last time i can remember was when man utd went to west ham in the 2015-16 season i believe. it takes a certain type of person to support city though so im not surprised you dont approve of it.

Edited by Bare

Crokey

"Soft"?!?... that kind of sh*t doesn't belong anywhere except in the past, which is where most Liverpool fans live anyways. Being a City fan doesn't change that fact.

Tchuck

Yeahh, trashing bus and threatening players is something that doesn't belong in football. Go to the stadium, swear and make obscene gestures to the players, it's no biggie. But outside, be civilized. Trashing a team's bus will only invite sanctions and criticism to your own team, and will likely fire up the other side to play even better.

Bare
Posted (edited)

it certainly fired them up to play better :lol: it was good fun watching these pussies get exposed. pep is so naive and arrogant thinking he can go away from home in such a big game and play exactly the same way and expect to dominate. completely clueless manager when plan A doesnt work.

Edited by Bare

Eutyphro

It has been clear that Liverpool has been a very good team for a while now. That they can do a lot of damage considering the open attacking football of City does not surprise me. Would be interesting if Liverpool played Barca in the semis. I think Barca could also end up getting hurt in the counter just like City.

Tchuck

Mohamed Salah has been an absolute godsend for Liverpool. Even the loss of Coutinho hasn't slowed them down at all, with Firmino also growing.