4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

The Vulcar Ingot Appreciation Thread

Testarossa

4 hours ago, éX-Driver said:

I reckon it’s more some vehicle modellers are proper petrol heads and others couldn’t give less of a f*ck. Hence things like a Honda Supra, Toyota LanEvo, Chevrolet Pacer, Pontiac Charger, and so on. 

I think that some of the devs just choose names on how well they "roll off the tongue", not to how close they are to the real life counterparts

Declasse Mamba - "The classy snake"

(K)arin (K)uruma - Alliteration example

IMPONTE DUKES -  Sounds menacing

Declasse Rhapsody - Name rhymes

• Like 1

MechanicMammal
7 hours ago, GTA_Elegy said:

I think that some of the devs just choose names on how well they "roll off the tongue", not to how close they are to the real life counterparts

Declasse Mamba - "The classy snake"

(K)arin (K)uruma - Alliteration example

IMPONTE DUKES -  Sounds menacing

Declasse Rhapsody - Name rhymes

Quite possibly on the brand names but most of the model names make sense two on your list have actual connections to film and tv.

Rhapsody was from the film Waynes World because they sing Bohemiam Rhapsody in that car. I am not sure what they should have branded this. Maybe American Motors a brand in older GTA's.

Dukes is from the Dukes of hazard. Its the General Lee the car they used in the tv programme.

On Forza horizon 4 if you paint that flag onto your charger to make it look like the tv car Turn 10/Playground games will remove it. Or even ban you, Because of it's links to slavery.

God only knows why it is branded as Imponte tho, It should be Bravado or even Declasse really.

I'm asuming that it is word association with the Mamba because the vehicle it is based on is called a Cobra which are both snakes. The Cobra was made by AC in the UK and modified by Shelby in the US using a Ford Engine.

So Declasse does not really fit, Vapid would make more sense or a UK brand.

So the Vapid Mamba and The Bravado Dukes, would be my choice of names for the car, not only it makes more sense but they sound pretty cool as well.

Ha managed to get Queen and Johnny Cash into a single post :)

Edited by MechanicMammal

21 hours ago, MechanicMammal said:

Quite possibly on the brand names but most of the model names make sense two on your list have actual connections to film and tv.

Rhapsody was from the film Waynes World because they sing Bohemiam Rhapsody in that car. I am not sure what they should have branded this. Maybe American Motors a brand in older GTA's.

Dukes is from the Dukes of hazard. Its the General Lee the car they used in the tv programme.

On Forza horizon 4 if you paint that flag onto your charger to make it look like the tv car Turn 10/Playground games will remove it. Or even ban you, Because of it's links to slavery.

God only knows why it is branded as Imponte tho, It should be Bravado or even Declasse really.

I'm asuming that it is word association with the Mamba because the vehicle it is based on is called a Cobra which are both snakes. The Cobra was made by AC in the UK and modified by Shelby in the US using a Ford Engine.

So the Vapid Mamba and The Bravado Dukes, would be my choice of names for the car, not only it makes more sense but they sound pretty cool as well.

The Dukes takes some design cues from a 1969 Pontiac GTO "Judge".The front end and rear tail lights are Pontiac, with the body proportions of the Dodge Charger.Dechrome the front grille and paint match it with the body and the Pontiac really shows.

https://images.app.goo.gl/hvrnZQ3VGgE1t8feA

https://images.app.goo.gl/xZwz3vfc2qE8HFsJA

• 4 months later...
On 7/8/2020 at 8:42 PM, MechanicMammal said:

The only justification I can give to the Mamba being a DeClasse is that it seems to be a restomod/kit car Cobra rather than an original one, and a lot of people tend to put Chevrolet LSx family engines in kit car Cobras. So maybe they’re implying it’s like a Factory Five Cobra with an LS7. 

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...