Volvo-850-BTCC-Race-Car-4.jpg

Volvo-850-Estate-BTCC-1994-1.jpg

Volvo-850-38.jpg

Vulcar Ingot Custom when?

• 2 weeks later...
Nefarious_Poundcake
1 hour ago, Standard Deluxe 59 said:

aFZV7Oxa006PsXoiCH8eQA_0_0.jpg?downsize=

Beer + merge glitch doesn't always yield the greatest results... 

Ha! Guess that’s why this ones in Trumps “2nd” tier of motorcade vehicles I suppose. 🤔

• Like 1

Mirror Park Resident
1 hour ago, Standard Deluxe 59 said:

aFZV7Oxa006PsXoiCH8eQA_0_0.jpg?downsize=

Beer + merge glitch doesn't always yield the greatest results... 

So finally Trump bought Sweden instead of Greenland or what?😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nefarious_Poundcake said:

Ha! Guess that’s why this ones in Trumps “2nd” tier of motorcade vehicles I suppose. 🤔

It's a second character car. 

"TRUMP1" plates - main character 

"TRUMP2" - Second character

1 hour ago, Mirror Park Resident said:

So finally Trump bought Sweden instead of Greenland or what?😁

Yes

Meh, I kinda want to turn this into a drift missile...

3ded24ba1643a719ff006be6c733a021.jpg

A lot of the OG cars present since launch could use some custom variants, this being one.

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

I dont know why, but I always love this non special cars to modify and try to make it better looking

m0_gvc8kNEqSzusWUKQc0Q_0_0.jpg

CCWh4eZCPUmziND33mGblA_0_0.jpg

eYOIeSoFuEapJ79Vsh2bfg_0_0.jpg

xGqFBWPxkEunePex18ktzw_0_0.jpg

oqA3FZ52U0ahd_TXcirqqg_0_0.jpg

PXJodAxcIEOakvBOvkLQzA_0_0.jpg

2vW4yLi4W0qi7Hi3w4TCww_0_0.jpg

• Like 3

I remember back in 08-11, nobody could agree on what the Ingot was supposed to be. Most common consensus was a VW Passat Variant. As soon as GTA 5 started adding other Vulcars, it became so blatantly obvious it’s supposed to be a Volvo.

I've never bought Vulcar as straight Volvo..

As we know, the Warrener is a Skyline.

CCJ7gg6-WMAAZ7ve.jpg

And the Ingot, I don't see a shred of Volvo here, just cos it a box doesn't make it the same as another box. The proportions are not right, the angles are not even close.

Being that in the early days before the Fagaloa/Volvo Amazon was added (it's a pretty good match, although it does contain elements from other cars obvs) the Warrener was clearly a Japanese car, I believe the Ingot to also be mainly Japanese, like a generic mix of 80's/90's wagons, and there were some Chinese versions of some Mazda's. There are many which share design elements and have similar size and shape. I can't really pin it down to one as such, but all are much closer in their vibe to the Ingot than a Volvo is.

1986-Nissan-Skyline-R31-GX-station-wagon

17ed77b549b709f606880297d8d8c038.jpg

A basic stagea is quite close..

NISSAN-Stagea.jpg

Camry-Wagon-640w.png

haima-6470-body-kit-1.jpg

Edited by Scottiedog123

I totally forgot about this car until I saw it when using my 2nd character. I see it a lot now with the primary character as well as the hard top convertible Sentinel. 

• 5 weeks later...

@Scottiedog123 I agree, I do not see any Volvo in it at all. The only simularity is that they are estate cars.

Only the Fagaloa and Nebula have any resembulance to Volvo's.

Why they do not make a Station Wagon/Estate version of the Nebula is beyond me, I would buy one in a heartbeat and it would be the vehicle people on this thread would want it to be,

Maybe call it the Nebula SW and make it so it can be bennied into the Touring Car version.

Edited by MechanicMammal
  • Like 1

There's two weird things about the Ingot.

When the headlights are on, the light comes from BETWEEN the lights instead of FROM the light.

And it has brake lights on the trunk lid.

Can someone tell me why some cars in GTA have brake lights on the trunk lid when it's illegal [at least in the real world]

Edited by JensMartinC

Standard Deluxe 59
1 hour ago, JensMartinC said:

Can someone tell me why some cars in GTA have brake lights on the trunk lid when it's illegal [at least in the real world]

It's not illegal in the states as I've seen cars with lighted taillights mounted on the trunklid. 

On 5/27/2020 at 7:27 AM, Scottiedog123 said:

I've never bought Vulcar as straight Volvo..

As we know, the Warrener is a Skyline.

And the Ingot, I don't see a shred of Volvo here, just cos it a box doesn't make it the same as another box. The proportions are not right, the angles are not even close.

The description for the Warrener shows it was obviously originally supposed to be a Volvo 240 or something similar, and was changed to a Hakosuka for some reason. The fact it came in a hipster-oriented update [and older Volvos are universally regarded as hipster-y cars] bolsters that. “The classic Swedish 4 door” doesn’t get clearer than that. The Nebula was a sort of apology for that mistake. 

The Ingot is a late 90s Volvo V70 with some minor VW influence.

VOLVO-V70-3509_13.jpeg

MechanicMammal
7 hours ago, éX-Driver said:

The Ingot is a late 90s Volvo V70 with some minor VW influence.

Could you give me some of what you are taking please?

First time I saw it I instantly saw old Toyota and Suburu certainly nothing European.

The ONLY simularity is the fact that it is a Estate car / Station Wagon and Volvo has become a biword for that type of vehicle, like IPod has become a generic name for any mp3 player or Hoover for a vacume cleaner.

In the UK Volvo are incredibly common and I have never seen one that look's anything like a Ingot.

Why did Rstar brand it Vulcar?

Because they did not know what else to do with it, they like you looked at the car saw a estate vehicle and used the most generic name for the vehicle type.

Edited by MechanicMammal

OscarMikeDetroit

7 years later and yall are still arguing about what the frick this car is.. how sad LOL

My two cents, based of knowledge today I know that Vuclar is 100% the volvo knockoff for this game... If you dont agree then argue the Nebula Turbo.

6 hours ago, MechanicMammal said:

Could you give me some of what you are taking please?

First time I saw it I instantly saw old Toyota and Suburu certainly nothing European.

The ONLY simularity is the fact that it is a Estate car / Station Wagon and Volvo has become a biword for that type of vehicle, like IPod has become a generic name for any mp3 player or Hoover for a vacume cleaner.

In the UK Volvo are incredibly common and I have never seen one that look's anything like a Ingot.

Why did Rstar brand it Vulcar?

Because they did not know what else to do with it, they like you looked at the car saw a estate vehicle and used the most generic name for the vehicle type.

Mate most of the body lines are carbon copies of late 90s Volvo lines. The only major difference is the front clip and rear lamp shapes. Of which, both are mildly reminiscent of a B4 Passat Variant.

Standard Deluxe 59
9 minutes ago, OscarMikeDetroit said:

7 years later and yall are still arguing about what the frick this car is.. how sad LOL

More like 12 years later. We've been at it trying to figure out what the hell this is supposed to be since GTA IV. 

• Like 2

MechanicMammal
On 7/1/2020 at 7:15 PM, OscarMikeDetroit said:

My two cents, based of knowledge today I know that Vuclar is 100% the volvo knockoff for this game... If you dont agree then argue the Nebula Turbo.

LOL in my defence I had only made 2 comment's on the matter so I had only been arguing for a week max, and technically so are you now.:)

The Nebula Turbo I cannot argue it is definatly a Volvo.

But that does not mean much there are plenty of strangely allocated cars in this game.

For example the Grotti Brisso, do regard that to be a Ferrari?

But this is my last comment on the matter I'm happy to agree to disagree.

Edited by MechanicMammal

I thought it was some sort of generic VW/ Audi mashup.Its a shame that R* didnt bring back the Stagea inspired bodykit from GTA IV.

• Like 1

OscarMikeDetroit
On 7/5/2020 at 7:46 PM, MechanicMammal said:

LOL in my defence I had only made 2 comment's on the matter so I had only been arguing for a week max, and technically so are you now.:)

The Nebula Turbo I cannot argue it is definatly a Volvo.

But that does not mean much there are plenty of strangely allocated cars in this game.

For example the Grotti Brisso, do regard that to be a Ferrari?

But this is my last comment on the matter I'm happy to agree to disagree.

in 1969 Fiat became a 50% shareholder of Ferarri, by 1988 Fiat expanded there ownership to 90%.

The Grotti Brioso is a Fiat 500 Abarth (ish) looking car...

Since Grotti is technically Ferarri in GTA,

This is why The Brioso is a Grotti and why its actually very fitting..  

My argument still stands with this weird wagon.

• Like 1

MechanicMammal

I knew you would bring up Fiat owning Ferarri, I am not going to open the can of worms of arguing about that, which is why I saved this.

What about the Batmobile?

Or does Bruce Wayne own Fiat?

Edited by MechanicMammal
  • KEKW 1

OscarMikeDetroit
15 hours ago, MechanicMammal said:

I knew you would bring up Fiat owning Ferarri, I am not going to open the can of worms of arguing about that, which is why I saved this.

What about the Batmobile?

Or does Bruce Wayne own Fiat?

This is going to sound crazy but if you google: George Barris. The builder of the bat-mobile... His collection of cars consisted in old Ferarri's including one that stood out: a 1978 Ferarri 308 GTS which included modifications that mimicked the bat-mobile on the inside and a few design ques on the outside..

Rockstar looks into all these things before they just throw a car in the game, there crafty and clever. Same reason about the names of allll the cars. There not just random ass names, they actually portray something in real life to mimic its real life counterpart.

Example: Grotti, which is actually the word Grotty... Which in turn the word means: Unpleasant or poor quality. Which would be a joke for rockstar to call ferarri "poor quality" most likely a stab at Ferarri to create something funny.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OscarMikeDetroit said:

This is going to sound crazy but if you google: George Barris. The builder of the bat-mobile... His collection of cars consisted in old Ferarri's including one that stood out: a 1978 Ferarri 308 GTS which included modifications that mimicked the bat-mobile on the inside and a few design ques on the outside..

Rockstar looks into all these things before they just throw a car in the game, there crafty and clever. Same reason about the names of allll the cars. There not just random ass names, they actually portray something in real life to mimic its real life counterpart.

Example: Grotti, which is actually the word Grotty... Which in turn the word means: Unpleasant or poor quality. Which would be a joke for rockstar to call ferarri "poor quality" most likely a stab at Ferarri to create something funny.

I reckon it’s more some vehicle modellers are proper petrol heads and others couldn’t give less of a f*ck. Hence things like a Honda Supra, Toyota LanEvo, Chevrolet Pacer, Pontiac Charger, and so on. 

• Like 2

OscarMikeDetroit
1 hour ago, éX-Driver said:

I reckon it’s more some vehicle modellers are proper petrol heads and others couldn’t give less of a f*ck. Hence things like a Honda Supra, Toyota LanEvo, Chevrolet Pacer, Pontiac Charger, and so on. 

quite surprised you agreed on something with me and didn't try to argue or spell check me...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OscarMikeDetroit said:

quite surprised you agreed on something with me and didn't try to argue or spell check me...

I may be a c*nt, but I’m not a contrarian. There’s a difference 

;)

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1