GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

GTA Online Sound Icon (PS3)

JohnnyM305

JohnnyM305

So I finally reached rank 100 in GTA online. As you can tell, I don't play this game on a regular basis. I don't have that many friends that play GTA online, so I don't use my mic at all for this game. However, I decided to plug in my mic recently to start becoming more social. I noticed in free roam and missions, when people talk, the sound icon appears next to their names as well as my name despite their voice coming through to my headset and my mic being muted. Does this happen everyone else or just me? I have a Turtle Beach PX22.

Ninja_Gear

Becoming social is something you need to do IRL. No mics should be allowed online because everyone with a mic is just plain annoying. You can feel the cancer crawling into your ears everytime some yoloswagger or 8yr old starts talking.

49314834.jpg

Edited by Ninja_Gear

The sound icon is there regardless if your mic is turned on or not. It does not show up if you have chat turned off for that group, (ie, not friends or crew).

Use this thread for simple questions from now on please to avoid troll comments.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/689820-gtao-questions-and-answers/

:^:

– overeducated wonk who fetishises compromise