GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Have you gotten your global 5% discount?

TreFacTor

5% Discount from all shops  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Have you gotten your 5% discount from all the shops in Los Santos?

• Yes
    • No
    • Didn't know you could get a discount.
    • I'm B-A-L-L-I-N...who needs a discount.

TreFacTor

With all of the whining and complaining that goes on about this game and the tactics that people use, spawn killing, not being able to find a moments peace in free roam....bad sport penalties....the list of cry baby topics never end.

Being a GTA Veteran and someone who spent years in GTA IV free roam....I'm no angel. As a matter of fact. I'm pretty much considered a griefer but have never been in Bad sport....not a single minute and I've blown up almost 5,000 personal vehicles. I laugh at most of the complaints regarding this game.

With all of the dirty messages I get for my playstyle...the amount of trash talk I spew...the fact that I have a person on my victim list that I've killed 21 times... I still managed to get the 5% global discount.

Have you?

ShadyVsEverybody

I don't even know how you get it or what it affects

TreFacTor

I don't even know how you get it or what it affects

If no one tells you I will let you know after a few hours of gauging the poll results....It's really surprising...to me anyway.

If i remember when your friends commend you in a session you would get 5% in all stores(Not game store).

ShadyVsEverybody

If i remember when your friends commend you in a session you would get 5% in all stores(Not game store).

Oh no then. I don't ask anyone to commend me, but similarly I've never got a notification saying I've been reported or whatever. It's only 5% anyway though.

TreFacTor

Sticky bombs cost me $508 now; dunno about discounts for anything else

That was a price reduction by Rockstar

Your close but it has nothing to do with your friends unless you have only played with friends since the game launched.

Edited by TreFacTor

the fact that I have a person on my victim list that I've killed 21 times...

meh. when you're up in the fifties or more, then you'll be in the badass category. right now, your in the painintheass category. ;)

There's two ways to get the discount, I believe: a. via the Lifeinvader website and "liking" the pages & b. being commended by other players.

I did the former and get the 5% discount, though I don't buy anything but ammo, so really, it's not a big wow.

Edited by fw3

TreFacTor

meh. when you're up in the fifties or more, then you'll be in the badass category. right now, your just a painintheass category. ;)

There's two ways to get the discount, I believe: a. via the Lifeinvader website and "liking" the pages & b. being commended by other players.

I did the former and get the 5% discount, though I don't buy anything but ammo, so really, it's not a big wow.

Never claimed to be a bad ass, and the life invader discount is for the stores on the site....not global. You are correct about other players commending you but...and this is important...90% of the players you have encountered prefer to play with you....when you get the global discount you will get a message letting you know.

"Congratulations you have received a 5% discount at all shops because 90% of the players you've played with prefer you."

or something to this effect. The message appeared everyday I logged on for a week after I got it.

My point was that even though I'm a shoot first blow up second type player most people I've played with didn't mind my play style...mind you I own both a buzzard and tank but don't ever use them and I don't use the lazer. So even though I go around looking for trouble the people who have encountered me accept that it's a part of the game and enjoy it anyway.

Edited by TreFacTor

No , nobodies commended me.

Does that mean I'm doing it right?

TreFacTor

No , nobodies commended me.

Does that mean I'm doing it right?

As long as you stay out of bad sport...absolutely!

meh. when you're up in the fifties or more, then you'll be in the badass category. right now, your just a painintheass category. ;)

Never claimed to be a bad ass, and the life invader discount is for the stores on the site....not global. You are correct about other players commending you but...and this is important...90% of the players you have encountered prefer to play with you....when you get the global discount you will get a message letting you know.

"Congratulations you have received a 5% discount at all shops because 90% of the players you've played with prefer you."

or something to this effect. The message appeared everyday I logged on for a week after I got it.

My point was that even though I'm a shoot first blow up second type player most people I've played with didn't mind my play style...mind you I own both a buzzard and tank but don't ever use them and I don't use the lazer. So even though I go around looking for trouble the people who have encountered me accept that it's a part of the game and enjoy it anyway.

wow. such big secret, so amazing, much useful. so this is what you were hiding from us the whole time?

TreFacTor

wow. such big secret, so amazing, much useful. so this is what you were hiding from us the whole time?

I never said it was a secret....but not a whole lot of people have seen this message, gotten the discount and I was making a point with the initial post that was clearly too plain for even your feeble brain to grasp.

Edited by TreFacTor

I've yet to be commended despite constantly showing high levels of awesomeness.

<truncated>

<truncated>

So even though I go around looking for trouble the people who have encountered me accept that it's a part of the game and enjoy it anyway.

You may just be the first "goodass" I've ever met. Well met, sir! ;)

Truth be known, I'm the opposite. 87% of other players avoid me, according to my XBL rep.

I fully blame that on GTA4, as I spent years battling the dirty racers and awful deathmatchers there.

Such is the life, I suppose. ;)

TreFacTor

<truncated>

<truncated>

So even though I go around looking for trouble the people who have encountered me accept that it's a part of the game and enjoy it anyway.

Truth be known, I'm the opposite. 87% of other players avoid me, according to my XBL rep.

I fully blame that on GTA4, as I spent years battling the dirty racers and awful deathmatchers there.

Because of GTA IV

54% prefer me

46% avoided me

Communication:

14% trash talk ( I don't use a mic even though I have one, and only respond to butt hurt individuals who send me messages through txt)

2% language (see above)

2% disruptive

50% too aggressive

2% Unsporting

2% Quite early

The system in GTAO doesn't go by your xbl interaction just in game interactions.

Edited by TreFacTor

WillWorthington3

<truncated>

<truncated>

Because of GTA IV

54% prefer me

46% avoided me

Communication:

14% trash talk ( I don't use a mic even though I have one, and only respond to butt hurt individuals who send me messages through txt)

2% language (see above)

2% disruptive

50% too aggressive

2% Unsporting

2% Quite early

The system in GTAO doesn't go by your xbl interaction just in game interactions.

That work for PS3 as well? I'd be interested in reading my stats.

Edited by WillWorthington3

acuariumm

global 5% and 90% at tattoos, wow

KILLAnVA187

I get the 5% discount all the time... then again I'm only a griefer of griefers... so I thinks I's deserves it....

Sticky bombs cost me $508 now; dunno about discounts for anything else

for me 568$

Fail_At_GTA

I guess I got the discount a long time ago. I know my sticky bombs costs $504 each and its been like that since I got a bunch of people to commend me to see if it had any effect in the early days.