Is it just me or has the AI actually gotten WORSE

sagsf420

So with all these patches I've been noticing the AI is even more dumb now than ever before they drive even slower, ram me at red lights or try to squeeze by and scrape up my car and they do even more nonsensical things than ever before. Just 5 minutes ago I'm cruising down the freeway in my Adder in the middle of the night one other car on the road and right as I'm passing him the f**cker decides "HEY I'M GONNA TURN OUT IN FRONT OF YOU AND SLAM ON MY BRAKES SO YOU CRASH INTO ME FOR NO F**CKING REASON" so I hit him lost my s*** got out and shot him and OFCOURSE instant f**cking wanted level. I really hope R* gets off their asses and fixes the AI for good because it is REALLY starting to piss me off.

• Like 2

RodneysLeftNut

That was kinda how it was in almost all GTA'S. i agree though. you get a wanted level if you kill 2 people i just noticed that.

Geralt of Rivia

They did that in GTA 4 too. Remember going over bridges and having them switch lanes at the worst possible times?

They did that in GTA 4 too. Remember going over bridges and having them switch lanes at the worst possible times?

Yep drove me nuts I dind't notice this at first in V but it seems to be happening again it's like they decided they didn't want to have a functional AI and went back to the old ways.

I don't see it often in free-roam, but when I play Rooftop Rumble...holy crap. The AI goes completely nuts and their driving abilities go right out the window. You'll see cars parked in the middle of the road, cars driving the wrong direction down lanes, cars pulling U-turns everywhere, cars making left hand turns in right hand lanes, I honestly can't comprehend what the hell is going on. You'll also see cars speed up going through intersections when you're clearly going through it.

When I do see it in free-roam, it's some asshole coming from head-on in the opposite lane and will deliberately swerve into my car for no apparent reason. They need to fix this because it's incredibly annoying.

Geralt of Rivia

I think R* does it on-purpose. I can't think of any other reason the AI will just actively try to hit you (And there's video of this, too).

God damnit R* lol

I think R* does it on-purpose. I can't think of any other reason the AI will just actively try to hit you (And there's video of this, too).

God damnit R* lol

Yeah that would make sense I really don't get R* sometimes they really have no reasoning behind anything they do.

HOW'S ANNIE?

I think Rockstar does it simply for the sake of not dumbing it down for the kiddies. I mean granted the IA is over the top stupid in this game, but who wants to drive around for hours on end when you know there's no chance of you crashing?

• Like 1

It's because the cars seem to avoid the trains underneath the bridge (i.e. the Algonquin Bridge, I drive a Turismo through it, a Rebla turns to my lane, and my car is ruined).

Yeah, I hate the AI. I don't like taking a $10,000,000 Z-Type, cruise it down the freeway and BAM! It's destroyed. That's why I always use Franklin so I can swerve through dumb drivers (result may vary).

I think Rockstar does it simply for the sake of not dumbing it down for the kiddies. I mean granted the IA is over the top stupid in this game, but who wants to drive around for hours on end when you know there's no chance of you crashing?

Yeah I agree somewhat although they did dumb it down in other ways though. I just don't get the AI because the dumb s*** they do is usually unrealistic like instead of maybe just cutting you off or speeding through busy intersections they literally pull out slam on their brakes and block off the freeway for no apparent reason or pull a surprise u turn and start driving down the wrong side of the road it almost seems like they're deliberately trying to cause an accident not just being dumb. Who knows. In a way I'm glad they tried to incorporate idiotic drivers into the game but they're a little TOO idiotic and sometimes downright suicidal. Thank god for the save and reload glitch lol.
  • Like 1

It's because the cars seem to avoid the trains underneath the bridge (i.e. the Algonquin Bridge, I drive a Turismo through it, a Rebla turns to my lane, and my car is ruined).

Yeah, I hate the AI. I don't like taking a $10,000,000 Z-Type, cruise it down the freeway and BAM! It's destroyed. That's why I always use Franklin so I can swerve through dumb drivers (result may vary).

If you want to be able to control your car, press the L2/LT trigger quickly before making a turn and then R2/RT, you should be able to catch the car.

Edited by sibs44

Geralt of Rivia

God damnit R* lol

Yeah that would make sense I really don't get R* sometimes they really have no reasoning behind anything they do.

Their reasoning is most likely "We're gonna laugh at you getting f*cked over by traffic" :lol:

Nothing dumber than people jumping in front of your car in SA. A lot of people were killing themselves back then.

Midnightz

@woggleman: It's hilarious. Sometimes poor AI offers a great deal of entertainment. :)

For months the traffic patterns seemed really decent in V. But yes very recently, it seems they've decided to start pulling out in front of me/cutting me off much more often. It was rare before. After a certain amount of game progress, it might just have reached a new cycle of in-game behavior. I guess it's also possible they changed something in one of the patches.

Cutter De Blanc

I've seen a Bus spawn out of thin air directly in my path making a left turn on a red light. I would say the game occasionally throws sh*t at you to keep you on your toes.

I haven't experienced this yet offline but online i do a hell of a lot , though i don't mind because i take the realistic view on it, some drivers in life should really not have a licence, just watch https://www.youtube.com/user/HaloMasterMind117/videos and the bad drivers of south carolina and look at https://www.facebook.com/MelbournesCrapParkers cant see the difference from simulated to real anymore they are that bad. Kellogs stop giving out free drivers licenses in your cereals :lol:

Edited by F02