GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Is it tough for low levels to rank up ?

Nathan46970

Nathan46970

2 weeks back I was a level 10. Today I am on level 132. Worked my ass off to get here.

But coming back to the question. I find many low level guys to be dead desperate to rank up. Most of them keep on asking to host rooftop. I love helping them. But some of them are damn irritating. They dont do anything but still want the RP and cash.

Your views on this ?

GTA O is the only game that gets easier the more you level up

If they want to just stand there and let me rank them up I want to waste their time as well. I just head to my garage grab a BMX and hit the skate park or just keep killing civilians for pocket cash. I'll help but I won't just do it for them.

• Like 1

You answer your own question in the first line of the post, unless you have some special skills to rank up this fast :)

Edited by PJ-147

Nathan46970

You answer your own question in the first line of the post, unless you have some special skills to rank up this fast :)

Bro I struggled in the first 3 days too. But I had friends who helped grind rooftop. I leveled up through rooftop. Simple. But for players who are completely new they might not have friends to help them or even if they join quick jobs they are kicked out. :)

Don't feed them, teach them to fish. I'll show people how to do things, but I won't do it for them.

I'm not a social worker, and this isn't welfare.

manicmechanic71

As a lowly 65 I consider anyone who hosts RR and doesnt kick me to have done me a big enough favour already so I try to do as much as I can - shoot as many red dots as possible then run interference with the grangers on the drive to madrazo's place unless they want me to drive.

I think the early levelling is well balanced and fun :-)

GraniteDevil

It is a slog to get through the early levels. Boring. Grindy. Work. I forgot just how much of a pita it was until I started an alt and tried getting her to rank 75. After 70 hours, she is only rank 50 and it's pissing me off.

Commander S

One thing I'm noticing when ranking up my 2nd character, is that I know how to do so much more efficiently this time around.

First character was a real slog - but that's quite probably because I didn't use my time very productively at all.

That's arguably the main catch with making progress in GTAO - so much of what you learn is through trial and error. Fortunately, those days are well behind me (mostly)...

One time someone asked me to host RR.

I told them to f*ck off.

I don't grind, hell, there's still missions I'm finding that are paying me out 30k.

And frankly I rather enjoy myself instead of making virtual dollars. RR is boring. Rather do a 1v1 capture, personally.

I don't think its too difficult for low levels to rank up, than again I don't and never did focus on ranking up.

Edited by Flexx

Aaron030792

It is when they expect me to host me to host AND do all the dirty work. They are on their own if that's the case.

I'm more than happy to help low level players, that's one of the reasons why I play GTAO. But I won't tolerate lazy players who do zilch in missions I host.

It took me a good while to rank up and no one hosted Rooftop Rumble for me. Let the low level toil in the crappy missions where they belong.

The low levels will eventually learn when they get thier butt kicked from left to right from screwing around,

Aaron030792

I grinded parachuting to level up.

No joke. Boring as hell but it got me where I am now.

I don't grind, hell, there's still missions I'm finding that are paying me out 30k.

That's because you have never played/beaten them before...the next time you play, the payout will be (estimated) only $15,000

If I have low-level friends, I sometimes host Rooftop Rumble for them.

But there are many strangers that ask me to host it and then I'm like "hell nah!".

I started off in GTA without any help, well paying missions, etc. So I don't help every random low-level player who wants to level up.

I help 'em thou I don't repeat rooftop rumble often. I do always run my DMs on forced+pickups to be fair and never kick low levels. In my experience the low levels beat the high levels often, maybe it's their second character or maybe their trying harder. Seen a guy a lvl180 saying I was gliching cause I got 4 or 5 pistol headshots in a row on him with my lvl20 second character. High K/D &/or High Level doesn't count for f*ck all. I can shoot but suck at driving. Different strokes for different folks.

If they leech off of you like that then just f*ck around, it's not just low level folks doing this.. I've seen plenty of 75+ guys as well.

It's really easy to rank up in this game, about the same as in the past just a couple of extra minutes of your time.. they're just lazy.

948185.png

Wayne Daniels

Theres 2 classes of people in Los Santos. Bums, losers, low life's, unemployed (in game) = people that hang in free roam. The others: Hard working men, making money, ranking up, doing missions.

It f*cking is when I am in a lobby with them!

I never used to do it. But now, I will travel over to them and repeatedly spawn kill them until they leave the game or switch sessions. Its not so much done because of their level, more the fact they are a real human player and I need to do something which warrants my constant badsport timer increase.

Sometimes I follow them to other servers, if I am not already focused on someone else in the lobby.

OneEighteen

i like being low level im taking my time leveling up instead of grinding rooftop rumble. my other character is level 75 and i started a new character for sh*ts and giggles. but im loving being low level people think that your a noob and they get soo mad when u kill them. i love murdering level 300+ and they get mad and use rockets and tanks and rage on the mic and call their little possie to try to kill me.

One time someone asked me to host RR.

I told them to f*ck off.

And frankly I rather enjoy myself instead of making virtual dollars. RR is boring. Rather do a 1v1 capture, personally.

I don't think its too difficult for low levels to rank up, than again I don't and never did focus on ranking up.

1st time you do a mission you get double the cash so the missions that are giving you 30k is the first time that you are doing that mission, ranking up when you are at a low is not "easy" when all the highest rp payout jobs unlock once you get In the rank 70's and above like RR Edited by Dr G

yesterday I was using my low level character (lvl20) & got an invite to RR. did the mission about 6 times. at first i thought he was being nice, but about the 3rd time I figured out he wasn't doing any work. everytime he'd go get his buzzard while myself & the other randoms killed the enemies.

lesson: high ranked guys hosting can be as bad as the "leeches" trying to level up.

That's because you have never played/beaten them before...the next time you play, the payout will be (estimated) only $15,000

I know that.

1st time you do a mission you get double the cash so the missions that are giving you 30k is the first time that you are doing that mission,

No sh*t.

ranking up when you are at a low is not "easy" when all the highest rp payout jobs unlock once you get In the rank 70's and above like RR

Ranking up is not hard. I've been through the process and even though never focused on the time it took to rank up, it happened appropriately. You might think it isn't "easy enough" to rank up, but its definitely easy. People like you just don't think its easy because you can't rank up 70 levels in 6 hours [without using some circle jerk invite only method]. You're not supposed to.

GTA Forums User99521

You do know you don't have to grind the f*ck out of a game.Lv10-132 in 2 weeks is ridiculous and takes the fun out of it.How many hours did you play and how many hours of that was grinding?People say the game is stale because they spend 4 or 5 hours a day grinding RR even after they've bought everything they want,just to sit on a pile of imaginary cash.Yeah most of simeon and Geralds mission payouts are sh*t but there are other ways of making some decent money and having FUN.Thats right F U N.It's what you're supposed to have when you play a game.Some people treat this game like a job and have played RR 100,200 maybe 300 times.That takes all the fun out of a game.You can mix things up do captures/races/deathmatches/ missions/freemode with some friends.You'll still make good enough money but also have fun.

Anyway yes it is hard to level up when your a lower lv as nothing pays out too much money or RP until about lv60.

yesterday I was using my low level character (lvl20) & got an invite to RR. did the mission about 6 times. at first i thought he was being nice, but about the 3rd time I figured out he wasn't doing any work. everytime he'd go get his buzzard while myself & the other randoms killed the enemies.

lesson: high ranked guys hosting can be as bad as the "leeches" trying to level up.

yeah but without their high levels the lower levels wouldnt be able to get so much rp and money from a mission. i think its fair for them to do nothing because they are giving u an opportunity to get money and rp quick but in return u have to do the work. w/o the higher level guy, their is no opportunity in the first place

The way I see this.

I'll gladly host a Rooftop Rumple for low level players. If they help in any way, I'll keep inviting them.

If they're not doing anything and are joining just for easy RP while they jerk off, then I'll just quit the game(or at least try to kick him first) and host another one and never invite him again.

So long as they're helpful in any way, I'll play with them. I'd want someone to do that for me with my low level character(I'm level 30 right now, no one seems to ever host RR when I'm on that character), and it is faster than doing it solo either way.

SouthWestPayDay

2 weeks back I was a level 10. Today I am on level 132. Worked my ass off to get here.

But coming back to the question. I find many low level guys to be dead desperate to rank up. Most of them keep on asking to host rooftop. I love helping them. But some of them are damn irritating. They dont do anything but still want the RP and cash.

Your views on this ?

Raavi....how is this question different from the one I posed on my thread that got locked?...lol

yeah but without their high levels the lower levels wouldnt be able to get so much rp and money from a mission. i think its fair for them to do nothing because they are giving u an opportunity to get money and rp quick but in return u have to do the work. w/o the higher level guy, their is no opportunity in the first place

this kinda makes me I'll.

it's ok for high levels to host missions so low level players can do the work? whaht kinda bullsh*t thinking is that? you're not entitled to effortless RP and $ because you reached level 75 before another player. thinking like that is why the guy was playing RR by himself, instead of with friends.

tip for other low levels that arent worried about cash. parachuting twice gives more RP than Rooftop.

Edited by brose_sfr