GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Tank != bad

rushfox

For the last couple of days I've been cruising around LS in my tank. I don't kill anyone, I just drive it around and watch people.

Some people instantly run away, probably the smartest move.

Others cautiously approach, when they realize I'm not shooting them they either go about as normal or try to steal my tank, which never happens.

For the first time yesterday someone actually called in their tank and came up to me, instead of shooting each other he invited me to an impromptu race. We had a tank race to the golf club.

Then there are the stupid people. they instantly pull out a sticky or RPG and try to kill me which in turn leads me to kill them. I answer violence with violence.

• Like 8

every player thinks a person in a tank is some greifer. just shoot them and move on. if they keep attacking, spawn kill until they leave

ShadyVsEverybody

Well, no offence but a lot of tank users aren't exactly the most gentle people in GTA:O. I mostly try and stay away from tank users, but sometimes it is fun to try and get as close as possible to an angry tank user trying to kill me.

Unlike most people though I have never actually destroyed a tank on my own, I never get the chance to get out of my car and plant 5 sticky bombs on them :(

Next time when people try to kill you with a rpg,drive beside them and let them blow themselves up.I did it once using a stolen tank.

• Like 1

AdmiralAmmunation

I freeroam in a tank and i help people with the cops and armored trucks, I even kill people griefing innocents.

Don't stereotype us.

• Like 1

Well, no offence but a lot of tank users aren't exactly the most gentle people in GTA:O. I mostly try and stay away from tank users, but sometimes it is fun to try and get as close as possible to an angry tank user trying to kill me.

Unlike most people though I have never actually destroyed a tank on my own, I never get the chance to get out of my car and plant 5 sticky bombs on them :(

grenade launcher from a roof works a lot better.

Shootinalloveryourface

OP, try catching players as they leave shops/the hairdressers. You'll be in a stronger position and they'll likely play ball.

Example

w6zyc0a.jpg

• Like 2

... I don't kill anyone, I just drive it around and watch people.

I smell fish. Or bull. Or bull fish. <sigh>

iiConTr0v3rSYx

cool story bro

You've made great contributions to the forum. Bravo. :sarcasm:

• Like 3

----------------------

Next time when people try to kill you with a rpg,drive beside them and let them blow themselves up.I did it once using a stolen tank.

You still take damage from that. Just best to blow them up and drive away.

Also inb4 someone who thinks they're clever and uses the "twanker" term.

EDIT: Too late, oh well.

Edited by TheJackalSega

Misanthrope Z

i'm having the most fun i've ever had with a tank right now tbh

someone put a bounty on me, now i'm just joining random servers and seducing a bunch of desperate, amateur bounty hunters to chase me

to make things even funner, some other loser tried chasing my tank with his all the way across the map, while others kept stealing cars to catch up to me, only to get blown up again

i collected a few bounties doing this too, since they pissed off some NPCs :beerhat:

see, there's better things to do with a tank than spawnkill

ShadyVsEverybody

Aggressive tank drivers that don't know what they're doing are the best, the ones that just try and chase every down without caring about damage they take.

Edited by ShadyVsEverybody

If you are in a tank, you obviously don't wanna be nice...

Well I do.

Tanks have feelings too. #oppreseed.

Cruising around Mors Depot in a tank is my new hobby in GTA O but most the time I just roll around minding my own business. If I'm in a lobby full of pricks, I'll head for other players and have me some fun.

silverforte

i'm having the most fun i've ever had with a tank right now tbh

someone put a bounty on me, now i'm just joining random servers and seducing a bunch of desperate, amateur bounty hunters to chase me

to make things even funner, some other loser tried chasing my tank with his all the way across the map, while others kept stealing cars to catch up to me, only to get blown up again

i collected a few bounties doing this too, since they pissed off some NPCs :beerhat:

see, there's better things to do with a tank than spawnkill

You troll people in a tank and revel in their misery, but THEY'RE the losers?

I enjoy the insane challenge of fighting somebody in a tank even if I'm gonna die a handful of times. But as everybody pretty much agrees at this point, it'd be cool if more twankers were less asshole-ish.

Best thing I have ever done in a tank was when I had a bounty on my head. I had the guy chase me to my tank. Then as soon as he caught up with me I came around the corner and blasted him LOL.

Some crunt in a tank blew up my free Elegy and I had to pay over 5k for insurance.

QuornSausages

I usually call for my tank, find the lowest ranked player in the lobby, beep at him, then let him take my tank on a killing spree.

So funny seeing them mess up high ranked fools like myself.

Edited by QuornSausages

Some crunt in a tank blew up my free Elegy and I had to pay over 5k for insurance.

$5,000?! Last time I had to pay insurance for my Elegy it only cost me a little over $1,000.

That tank race was the best thing I've read about a tank on the forum (apart from the white knights that go destroy a mean tank with their own tank). There needs to be more awesome tank drivers that aren't dicks. The tank is a "little sh*t" attraction as you know someone who is in a tank has a 80% of being a prick. I wonder what tank drivers would be like if there was no tank in GTA, what vehicle they would go for. It's whole reputation is ruined by now. I don't have one and never plan to get one due to how it's seen by others. Even if I met a friendly tank, just being around it would be like the whitest guy walking in Compton blasting Vanilla Ice in his car.

OP, try catching players as they leave shops/the hairdressers. You'll be in a stronger position and they'll likely play ball.

Example

w6zyc0a.jpg

please don't give tank griefers any ideas. :lol:

• Like 1

FasterThanYou

I believe what I see. In 16+ days of gameplay I'm yet to see a friendly tank user.

If I happen to be in a good position (in a buzzard with two people, in a jet...) I'll destroy the tank. If not I'll stay away.

Vanilla-Bear

cool story bro

Modnation, as ever here to contribute something useful. Such. A. Tool.

On topic, I didn't even know you could impromptu race tanks! Definitely up for trying that out!

The being nice in tanks bit, yeah sorry OP, I'm less inclined to follow suit there haha

I believe what I see. In 16+ days of gameplay I'm yet to see a friendly tank user.

If I happen to be in a good position (in a buzzard with two people, in a jet...) I'll destroy the tank. If not I'll stay away.

Complains about never seeing friendly tank users, blast tanks with jet or Buzzard, wonders why tanks are not friendly.

Ok then....

• Like 3

cool story bro

Stop tainting my avatar with your spam

OT: I only run people over while in a tank. I come out of nowhere blasting the horn... Pretty hilarious. But if I see you pull out stickys (which is usually the case) I'll blast you to hell.

----------------------

You troll people in a tank and revel in their misery, but THEY'RE the losers?

If you're chasing a tank half way across the map, getting killed in the process time and time again, and keep at it like a retarded puppy, then yes, they are.

Had it happen to me too and it's a strange and hilarious phenomenon.

• Like 2