Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,702 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Awesom-0

100000 RP + $$$ + RANK UP nonsense

Awesom-0

Has anyone else been encountering this Bulls**t of a death-match a lot recently? For those of you who don't know what this death-match is, everybody spawns in a small area with melee weapons only and you have to do this park-our like method to get to this hidden area where you can find a buzzard. Then your supposed to fly up on this floating platform where all of the guns are.

After you collect the guns, You can spawn-kill all of the other players rewarding you with 200-500 RP per kill (That's where the 100000 RP part comes from, and even then you still don't get nearly that much RP ) and if you don't manage to get to the helicopter first, then you will get shot up worse than John Marston. I tried to join a quick death-match earlier and i was forced into three of these death-matches in a row. This is why R* needs to let people have the option to block custom jobs that way we don't have to play this crap. Then it will become more of a ghost town than capture mode. So yeah, Avoid that death-match at all cost. If you do get put into it, let the session launch. Then quit the job and report it.

Mr. Rocko

They're all getting banhammers, nah who am I kidding

MAR10HD

I keep getting invites from people to these really sad/desperate sounding races.

"100000XP Gaurenteed best RP" I just shm and laugh, if people want RP no better place than rooftop rumble.

Governator

Lol I got an invite to that from one of my friends.

I deleted him without playing it.. and now I'm glad.

Mr. Rocko

I don't know why they're doing that, glitched RP is getting to be reseted soon

Edited by Mr. Rocko

Laker23

I've heard about this and it doesn't surprise me tbh, some real asshats online as you'd expect.

SoggyLuke

Yup get this frequently. I tell everyone I speak to online to avoid it.

Governator

Wouldn't it be much more effective to use a tank? Instead of guns?

MrYoungGun

I can't count how many spawn trap deathmatches I've been thrown into. Now days I leave the room if the host is the player that created thr map which is a shame since there are some really good ones out there that wont get the attention they deserve.

DiveGummi

Uh.... What if he didn't mean to invite you? Like.... he quick job to a deathmatch then the host is auto-inviting (invites friends of players in the job lobby) and an invite is sent to you under his name... it would be rude to delete him like that

Ronzilla187

I got the same bullsh*t 10000RP + $$$$ TDM about 5 quick searches in a row, all different hosts too. I finally got a R* verified map, but the host had it set to 60mins and no target score. Backed out and had at least 3 more 1000000RP + $$$$ lobbies. Then I gave up, and played Rooftop Rumble a few times. This sh*t is bunk.

Governator

Uh.... What if he didn't mean to invite you? Like.... he quick job to a deathmatch then the host is auto-inviting (invites friends of players in the job lobby) and an invite is sent to you under his name... it would be rude to delete him like that

He should have got out fast. I won't mourn for him...

ninjaontour

It's bad enough if you're a naive player and you think "Sweet, a melee fight!" and get stuck in, meanwhile the sneaky bastard host has sprung up on the roof to rinse you out.

The worst thing about this setup is that as long as the guy with gun is fast enough, YOU CAN'T f*ckING LEAVE.

You can't access the pause screen while the "WASTED" screen shows, and there are a couple of seconds in which you can't move as you flash into the game, meaning that you literally have to dashboard or switch the console off to leave the game.

Pathetic doesn't even cover it. Needs either patching or a Banhammer spree.

Edited by ninjaontour

PrestoWater

Probably to unlock gun camos

Arya35

This is possible in gta races as well, all you have to do is get off your bike near a checkpoint surrounded by barriers and you can spawn kill players who respawn on bikes since they can't escape in time. I've actually seen this as it gives you 250 rp per kill and is used as an rp farm.

Governator

Ah I see. Now I don't feel so bad for all those times I pulled up next to random people and gunned them down :whistle:

DavidLovesAlyssa

Can someone link me I want this lol

Ezza.

Yeah, who else get's invites to

"ALOT OF MONEY TO RACE!!!!!" ?

hornedturtle

it's how I got my 94 kill streak....kinda boring and lame though :(

modnation

Ah I see. Now I don't feel so bad for all those times I pulled up next to random people and gunned them down :whistle:

ooh sweet you mentioned me in your sig

serimos6

I've ran into these matches quite often when searching for capture modes to randomly join. I've even tried it before just to make sure it was all bs and it was the worst capture mode I've ever played. Had to leave half way through it because of the horrible spawns. And you get about 4K for your efforts in these lobbies, there's not even an actual benefit for going through these horrible jobs.

Shaundi.

I would report these deathmatches for their stupidity. Waste of space. And the person who made the dm similar to what OP described should be IP banned & permabanned. I always join a DM using quick job & I also always run into these.

123tm123

Sounds to me like you don't want 10000000000000 RP and $1000000000

fw3

100000 RP + $$$ is sexy as all, though.

CrysisAverted

It's bad enough if you're a naive player and you think "Sweet, a melee fight!" and get stuck in, meanwhile the sneaky bastard host has sprung up on the roof to rinse you out.

The worst thing about this setup is that as long as the guy with gun is fast enough, YOU CAN'T f*ckING LEAVE.

You can't access the pause screen while the "WASTED" screen shows, and there are a couple of seconds in which you can't move as you flash into the game, meaning that you literally have to dashboard or switch the console off to leave the game.

Pathetic doesn't even cover it. Needs either patching or a Banhammer spree.

Try holding Down on the dpad to bring up character selection and go into singleplayer, fastest way to escape.

Ayylien

I was put into a trap deathmatch back when the content creator got first released.

Everyone was in a box and a tank was hid around the corner. It's so annoying.

BondageKitty

People, don't be stupid and leave right away. Best feeling I had recently was when I messaged everyone else to vote to kick the person in the advantaged spot.

Hotfuzz128

you will get shot up worse than John Marston

I lol'd reading this. I was invited to one of those Matches. I left right away since the majority of players in the lobby sounded like their balls hadn't dropped.

Rammer2k

Ever since 1.12 came out, Death Matches have just been horrid. It's either that 10000RP piece of trash that comes up, or a map with Forced Only - Unarmed, Pistol, or RPG.

Vec

I can't count how many spawn trap deathmatches I've been thrown into. Now days I leave the room if the host is the player that created thr map which is a shame since there are some really good ones out there that wont get the attention they deserve.

Yeah. Today someone who created a GTA Race invited me to play it. I was skeptical at first but it ended being entertaining. It was your typical GTA Race madness and to that add a 4 star wanted level for entering Fort Zancudo at the first part of the race.

It was something like "Smokey and the Bandit".

Some people also today tried to invite me to some deathmatches but I couldn't join for different reasons. Maybe the game was trying to warn me? I don't know...