GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Ubermacht Zion Cabrio Shifting Noise

danowar

I got an Ubermacht Zion Cabrio and modified it fully and I enjoyed the way it drove, but it made an annoying noise every time I would accelerate or shift gears. It got to the point where I got sick of hearing it and sold it. Anyone else ever notice the noise? If so, do any other vehicles have that noise?

Seventh Shin

The turbo? I really don't like the sound of it, it really de-classes some vehicles, but it's the only source of additional power.

Is it like a hard click/clunk noise when it changes gear?

Yeah, it isn't the normal turbo shift noise. It is like several gears making a clacking noise. It happens the second you accelerate forward or go in reverse. It is the only car I've encountered thus far that does it. I'd hate to buy a car for over 100K and have that happen.

Yeah, it isn't the normal turbo shift noise. It is like several gears making a clacking noise. It happens the second you accelerate forward or go in reverse. It is the only car I've encountered thus far that does it. I'd hate to buy a car for over 100K and have that happen.

Yeah I remember that. I've only heard it on that car. After I got rid of it I kind of missed that noise tho, makes it unique

Yeah I remember that. I've only heard it on that car. After I got rid of it I kind of missed that noise tho, makes it unique

I liked it at first. It didn't bother me, but since none of my other cars did that I wound up always paying attention to it and then I got annoyed by it. Hearing the 3 or 4 "clacks" every time I went forward got old.

Meantdazza13

I know what your saying bout gear change noise. I've got certain cars that acquired JUST for there engine note. The best I've found with or with out the turbo add on has to be the vigero only just pipping the carbonizzare. This is just my opinion.

I know what your saying bout gear change noise. I've got certain cars that acquired JUST for there engine note. The best I've found with or with out the turbo add on has to be the vigero only just pipping the carbonizzare. This is just my opinion.

I was actually planning on stealing a Vigero and buying the Carbonizzare. Do they have the "clacking"?

beanzinapot

I'm fairly certain this 'clacking' is just the car shifting gears.

This. The Futo does it as well, but you can't hear it unless you're using the first person view. There some others that you can hear when you're in first person, but I can't recall which other ones do.

someoneyouwontknow

If the noise you are talking about is the noise I am thinking of (I cannot give a description as I am not very descriptive), I believe the entity and the Sultan both make it occasionally

This. The Futo does it as well, but you can't hear it unless you're using the first person view. There some others that you can hear when you're in first person, but I can't recall which other ones do.

It is totally different. I owned a fully-modded Futo (or the "Rocket Car" as I liked to call it). It didn't have it. I've only noticed it in the Zion Cabrio so far. It was cool at first, but it is a sound that is just too much. You hear it every time you start, reverse, change gears, and pull into your garage. It was just too much of a noise. You could park the car and switch from forward to reverse and hear it twice over and over again. I'm not sure if it happens after you put the Turbo on it or not. It could do it from stock.

It kinda sounds like a piece of the body or a tin can is briefly dragged on the ground. I've heard it on several vehicles and I'm not sure what causes it.

A Maned Wolf

I love that sound, reminds me of the old Porsche 944 turbos.

It kinda sounds like a piece of the body or a tin can is briefly dragged on the ground. I've heard it on several vehicles and I'm not sure what causes it.

Yeah. I thought I was dragging on the ground. I kept trying to look under the car until I figured out it was the shifting.

Do you remember what other vehicles you heard it on?

CaliMeatWagon

I got an Ubermacht Zion Cabrio and modified it fully and I enjoyed the way it drove, but it made an annoying noise every time I would accelerate or shift gears. It got to the point where I got sick of hearing it and sold it. Anyone else ever notice the noise? If so, do any other vehicles have that noise?

Maybe a bad transmission or engine mount?

beanzinapot

beanzinapot="danowar" post="1065269237" timestamp="1398560432"]

It is totally different. I owned a fully-modded Futo (or the "Rocket Car" as I liked to call it). It didn't have it. I've only noticed it in the Zion Cabrio so far. It was cool at first, but it is a sound that is just too much. You hear it every time you start, reverse, change gears, and pull into your garage. It was just too much of a noise. You could park the car and switch from forward to reverse and hear it twice over and over again. I'm not sure if it happens after you put the Turbo on it or not. It could do it from stock.

No its the same. I use the Futo as my daily driver. The Zion is the loudest, bit you can hear it in others when you're in first person. Try it.

Edited by beanzinapot

beanzinapot="danowar" post="1065269237" timestamp="1398560432"]

No its the same. I use the Futo as my daily driver. The Zion is the loudest, bit you can hear it in others when you're in first person. Try it.

Will it still do it as stock? I'll have to try that out.

• 1 month later...
Pagan Lowrider

friggin hate that noise...stock it doesnt make it...so pne of the mods at LSC causes it...im too lazy to find out

A Maned Wolf

friggin hate that noise...stock it doesnt make it...so pne of the mods at LSC causes it...im too lazy to find out

Its the Twin Turbos.

They cause the sound.

SurfaceNoise

Somehow only the Zion cabrio has it. Not the hardtop. But it's one of the reasons why I like it. Weird me.

• Like 1

NikkoCharger

At least you don't have to deal with the Sentinel that sounds like a vacuum cleaner...

I think when the radio if off and you are in the "1st person" view, most cars make that clicking noise :)

Pagan Lowrider

I think when the radio if off and you are in the "1st person" view, most cars make that clicking noise :)

I wasnt in 1st person view(never am)

Perhaps its endearing to some,I disliked it so much,I sold it 45 minutes after I stole it and maxed it out...too bad cuz its a sweet looking ride that you rarely see,but just cant deal with that clunk-clunk-clunk

A Maned Wolf

I wasnt in 1st person view(never am)

Perhaps its endearing to some,I disliked it so much,I sold it 45 minutes after I stole it and maxed it out...too bad cuz its a sweet looking ride that you rarely see,but just cant deal with that clunk-clunk-clunk

Don't know about you, but I love that sound.

Its so industrial sounding, like a printing press.

• Like 1

SurfaceNoise

I like it coz it makes me feel like I'm driving a manual than a auto. Heh.

If it came with the hardtop, I'd take it over soft top anyday. I dislike the unchangable color soft top has. And the Zion is surprisingly good in coupe races!

Best photo I have of it to do it justice!

NWXRvQR.jpg

• Like 1

lol... Whats funny is your complaining about the one thing i love most about the car.

• Like 1

NikkoCharger

I like it coz it makes me feel like I'm driving a manual than a auto. Heh.

If it came with the hardtop, I'd take it over soft top anyday. I dislike the unchangable color soft top has. And the Zion is surprisingly good in coupe races!

Best photo I have of it to do it justice!

NWXRvQR.jpg

It does come as a hardtop...