Top Posters In This Topic

• DJThanos

• SaL_Leone

• sharpie_eastern

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grand Theft Auto: Stories VCS: BETA II LCS: SOON! INFORMATION

Free camera now works on foot.

If you were remaking them then you could've opted for 32x32 instead like I was working on, I tried to get a balance between the Mobile ones and the originals but never finished the rest before leaving:

Β 

JN2yuuH.png

Β 

PS: Anyone see the easter egg I included? :p

Edited by Ash_735
  • Like 10

I don't get why some characters has different style of filling? You can't really know if it's the outline or the fill. Besides the M differs.

Edited by HM128

If you were remaking them then you could've opted for 32x32 instead like I was working on, I tried to get a balance between the Mobile ones and the originals but never finished the rest before leaving:

Β 

JN2yuuH.png

Β 

PS: Anyone see the easter egg I included? :p

Β 

You're right Ash, I'd be a fool if I did them the same size. I've posted this size to show the similarity with the originals. I've created them with Inkscape, here they are at a decent resolution.

Β 

AZLkix7.png

See, good improvement, but it still has that "upscaled blob" look to some of them, namely Sal and Vin. There's a point here when you have to see what can be done and what needs to be changed, the original blip textures were custom made for the 16x16 grid, they don't have a font. Later GTA games use a font because of the larger texture size (or redraws with changes). On the ones I did, as HackMan pointed out, yes some look different, that;'s the intention of unifying the design, I changed the blips to use the Eurostile font and used 32x32 because 2x the original scale works best for the radar (even LCS Mobile used that size). In LCS Mobile they used one of the new fonts for the blips so therefore that's what I meant when I described it as a balance between Original and Mobile.

Β 

Just something to think about, seeing as you opted to use GTA3 backgrounds for the Menu you've already proved you don't mind changing things in a radical way.

• Like 2

I don't know, I like this ones a lot. Practically are the same ones:

Hello guys, has passed some time! What are the originals, right or left?

Β 

6H15v7M.png

Edited by Inadequate

What's the point of remaking icons in hd actually?

To bring them visually in line with the other changes, to make it feel like care and effort have been put into this, otherwise you could ask what's the point in doing anything in better quality, LCS GUI stuff was intended for PSP screens at a whopping 480x272, I'm sure most people would be happy with that on PC right?
Hello guys ! I'm French ! And I want to tel you... PLEASE !! Continue the VCS PC Mod, PLEASE ! Many People want this mod, the other modder have abandonned the Mod for, PLEASE, Speak to Sal leone and the other, I want and I will help you a maximum !! I will create Trailers etc for your VCS PC Mod, PLEASE guys, WE NEED YOU !! You CAN'T STOP IR !! Your Mod is truly the BEST !! You do a great job, realy ! I will create trailer for VCS Mod and everyone will share the trailer !! I want to play Grand Theft Auto's 3D era from 1984 to 2002 (GTA3) on PC, WE NEED YOU TO CREATE VCS ON PC !! You are our only chance to play VCS on pc guys, collaborate with VCS mod for San Andreas guys for do the best VCS on PC !! WE - NEED - YOU !! Edited by Sergiu

Hello guys ! I'm French ! And I want to tel you... PLEASE !! Continue the VCS PC Mod, PLEASE ! Many People want this mod, the other modder have abandonned the Mod for, PLEASE, Speak to Sal leone and the other, I want and I will help you a maximum !! I will create Trailers etc for your VCS PC Mod, PLEASE guys, WE NEED YOU !! You CAN'T STOP IR !! Your Mod is truly the BEST !! You do a great job, realy ! I will create trailer for VCS Mod and everyone will share the trailer !! I want to play Grand Theft Auto's 3D era from 1984 to 2002 (GTA3) on PC, WE NEED YOU TO CREATE VCS ON PC !! You are our only chance to play VCS on pc guys, collaborate with VCS mod for San Andreas guys for do the best VCS on PC !! WE - NEED - YOU !!

nothingbuttrash.gif

Β 

Hello guys ! I'm French ! And I want to tel you... PLEASE !! Continue the VCS PC Mod, PLEASE ! Many People want this mod, the other modder have abandonned the Mod for, PLEASE, Speak to Sal leone and the other, I want and I will help you a maximum !! I will create Trailers etc for your VCS PC Mod, PLEASE guys, WE NEED YOU !! You CAN'T STOP IR !! Your Mod is truly the BEST !! You do a great job, realy ! I will create trailer for VCS Mod and everyone will share the trailer !! I want to play Grand Theft Auto's 3D era from 1984 to 2002 (GTA3) on PC, WE NEED YOU TO CREATE VCS ON PC !! You are our only chance to play VCS on pc guys, collaborate with VCS mod for San Andreas guys for do the best VCS on PC !! WE - NEED - YOU !!

nothingbuttrash.gif

Β 

Β 

Are you gonna put this gif everywhere where it's about vcs pc now, Ash?

MessingWithTheMan

Β 

nothingbuttrash.gif

Β 

And GTA3 stories happen in 2001 not 2002...

In alpha versions of GTA LC there should not be such thing as Callahan Bridge because it looked a like 80's of Liberty City.

Edited by HM128

Β 

nothingbuttrash.gif

Β 

NOT true i LOVED THIS MOD IT WAS THE BEST for me.... its even better than gta Underground

• Like 2

Β 

Β 

nothingbuttrash.gif

Β 

Are you gonna put this gif everywhere where it's about vcs pc now, Ash?

Β 

CRtawBvUwAAa2tw.jpg

Does the LCS map have this streetlight in this location in the game? This streetlight was incorrectly positioned on top of the bridge in GTA: LC before I updated the code to account for this model.

streetlight_bridge_th.jpg

Edited by spaceeinstein
  • Like 2

Does the LCS map have this streetlight in this location in the game? This streetlight was incorrectly positioned on top of the bridge in GTA: LC before I updated the code to account for this model.

Well, on LCS map is doing the same too (it's on top of the bridge)

Β 

Β 

ApiwQlP.png

gtalcs_2017_03_16_23_56_11_36.png

Β 

Β 

Edited by Surya926
  • Like 4

I made some changes for The Hero's skygfx and we have PSP like two pass rendering now :) It shows how it works. No more blue outlines.

8srqgSq.jpg

Edited by HM128

I made some changes for The Hero's skygfx and we have PSP like two pass rendering now :) It shows how it works. No more blue outlines.

Β 

Β 

8srqgSq.jpg

Β 

Β 

How it look on PS2? Has blue outlines? Can't remember.