What if FRANKLIN was a BALLA?

AceThaCreator

AceThaCreator

As much as most of us despise the ballas dating all the way back to gta san andreas, what if R* flipped the script on everyone and Franklin and Lamar were rolling with the ballas and grove st was the enemy instead what would your reaction have been when you first played GTA and he was on the other team rocking the purple?

Detective Phelps

As much as most of us despise the ballas dating all the way back to gta san andreas, what if R* flipped the script on everyone and Franklin and Lamar were rolling with the ballas and grove st was the enemy instead what would your reaction have been when you first played GTA and he was on the other team rocking the purple?

Well, if Franklin and Lamar were in the Ballas, at least Grove st. would be a safe place for them. :p

• Like 3

I would have been happy! I have nothing against ballas and they were stonger than grove street in san andreas. They also have a bigger presence in gta v. ANDDDDD purple is better than green

AceThaCreator

I would have been happy! I have nothing against ballas and they were stonger than grove street in san andreas. They also have a bigger presence in gta v. ANDDDDD purple is better than green

Yea one thing i hated mostly in san andreas is that your gang only had pistols and techs while the ballas had smgs and aks and rolled way deeper lol. Yea i agree on the color too as the 3rd street saints used this color and my crew also uses purple as well.

It wouldn't change the story much, as the Families and the Ballas are not very important in the story.

• Like 2

It wouldn't change the story much, as the Families and the Ballas are not very important in the story.

Basically.

If there were missions utilizing either gang, it would make for an interesting story, but otherwise... *yawn*

The community would be probably offended and the forums will be full of:

1. WTF there is no CJ

2. The main char is a BALLA. (a purple guy we were told to hate with passion in SA)

But then Franklin would be...more evil, should i say? Like, more neutral evil than neutral good? And then everyone would be hatin' on Lamar.

Detective Phelps

1. WTF there is no CJ

2. The main char is a BALLA. (a purple guy we were told to hate with passion in SA)

But then Franklin would be...more evil, should i say? Like, more neutral evil than neutral good? And then everyone would be hatin' on Lamar.

Well, not every protag will have the perfect background. Look at Niko.

I wouldn't mind playing as a member of the Ballas, since the gangs in V are not significant to the story.

I'd probably laugh it off lol. I mean, it's like being told everything you believed in as a kid was a lie. First The Lost MC gets shat on, now it's Families!? UGGHH!! Haha.

• Like 1

Yea one thing i hated mostly in san andreas is that your gang only had pistols and techs while the ballas had smgs and aks and rolled way deeper lol. Yea i agree on the color too as the 3rd street saints used this color and my crew also uses purple as well.

If you do the tags Grove Street members get Desert Eagles and SMG's. Ballas had pistols and Micro SMG's. You are thinking about the Ballas that spawn during turf wars.

matajuegos01

His house would've been in Grove St.

#KeepLeviBanned

#RestInPeaceXYN

#IchLiebeDichBitch

#FarewellUGotSmokedWeWon'tMissYou

#GoodbyeDan30CalSeeYouInHell

1. WTF there is no CJ

No side is more innocent than the other. If they did make Franklin a balla it would have shown that families are just as good/bad as the ballas, not much separates them apart from gang allegiances.

Edited by Gregers08

snip

Well, not every protag will have the perfect background. Look at Niko.

I wouldn't mind playing as a member of the Ballas, since the gangs in V are not significant to the story.

Maybe not very significant, but looking that Ballas have more influence, maybe Franklin would be involved more into the gang life, as he was normally a witness of the decay of The Families, thus pushing him out of the ghetto life.

Detective Phelps

1. WTF there is no CJ

No side is more innocent than the other. If they did make Franklin a balla it would have shown that families are just as good/bad as the ballas, not much separates them apart from gang allegiances.

Let's not forget that some CGF members kill their fellow members, as shown in the "underbelly of paradise".

snip

The issue is: the player already have a negative bias towards the Ballas, so no matter how you dismantle the positive image of The Families, the player will be felt betrayed by Rockstar and thus not really accustoming with the Purples.

1. WTF there is no CJ

Let's not forget that some CGF members kill their fellow members, as shown in the "underbelly of paradise".

Yeah, the CGF is being split in groups in the process of decay. As Ballas are now dominating the Grove Street, they are better consolidated. Killing another member wouldn't be appreciated by the OGs or the other members.

The issue is: the player already have a negative bias towards the Ballas, so no matter how you dismantle the positive image of The Families, the player will be felt betrayed by Rockstar and thus not really accustoming with the Purples.

That's exactly why they should have done it to stop people thinking one thing is good while the other is bad when the truth is things are morally grey most of the time. R* is known for not playing it safe and it's not like something similar hasn't happened before. By the end of GTAIV Niko, Johnny and Luis probably would have killed eachother if they were in the same room since each protagonists had antagonized the others at some point in the story.

Edited by Gregers08
  • Like 2

That's exactly why they should have done it to stop people thinking one thing is good while the other is bad when the truth is things are morally grey most of the time. R* is known for not playing it safe and it's not like something similar hasn't happened before, by the end of GTAIV Niko, Johnny and Luis probably would have killed eachother if they were in the same room since each protagonists had antagonized the others at some point in the story.

That would be pretty noire, though, even for Rockstar. It could repel the players and GTA5 was meant to be on a lighter side and darken towards the end/process of insight in Los Santos.

Edited by Alvarez

Alex Wesker

I wouldn't mind. Purple is atleast, one of my favourite colours and I never got that real connection with GSF.

universetwisters

That would've been a lot better. Damn Families gang all that green and sh*t.

Purple > green

sTgL5iS.png

I wouldn't care, I would prefer to walk outside his house and be in Grove Street, that would be the only "amazing" bit to it.
If CJ was mentioned or would attack the ballas in a mission then it would be so worth it. To have CJ appear in GTA V and attack Franklin would be legendary!

• Like 2

Detective Phelps

That would've been a lot better. Damn Families gang all that green and sh*t.

Purple > green

I would rather play as a corrupt LSPD cop, called "Elevenpenny".

Blue>purple>green

Yes, I know that the game is called Grand Theft Auto, but cops can steal cars as well, and get away with it!

universetwisters

Yes, I know that the game is called Grand Theft Auto, but cops can steal cars as well, and get away with it!

I don't think cops can beat up tourists with golf clubs either, depending on which country you're in.

sTgL5iS.png

Franklin had all but excommunicated himself from the Families anyway, so the only thing that would've really changed in the story iself is that D and Stretch would've had reversed roles. It would've been cool (if a little too heavy on the fanservice) to have Franklin's home on Grove street, but that's about it really.

• Like 1

Official General

@ BlackAce23

That's not true at all. In SA, I can clearly remember the Families gang members in the streets having more than just pistols, they also had TEC-9s just like the Ballas - this was outside of the gang war side missions too. Apparently, the Vagos in SA were the only gang in Los Santos to only use pistols.

On topic, if Franklin had been a Balla, it would have not made difference. Rockstar still would have not given him much of a story and they still would have placed very little emphasis on the hood and gangs in the game.

Drunken Cowboy

Well we were already told to love the Lost but then R* sh*t all over them for some reason so the Families might as well be thrown under the bus as far as I'm concerned.

New DLC: Michael kills Tommy and the entire Vercetti Crime Family.

• Like 3
Untitled-2.gif

f*ck motherf*cking balls sucking ballas fa**ots. And their purple sh*t colour. FAMILIES 4 Life Green 4 life. I hope there is a mission where you have mini guns and attack the entire Grove St, take it over, and kill out ballas.

AceThaCreator

Well we were already told to love the Lost but then R* sh*t all over them for some reason so the Families might as well be thrown under the bus as far as I'm concerned.

Michael wouldn't kill tommy he would just snitch on him like the narc he is.

RodneysLeftNut

He would of been more disliked then he already is. Plus makes him a busta

Drunken Cowboy

Michael wouldn't kill tommy he would just snitch on him like the narc he is.

I still don't get the Michael/snitch accusations...

Trevor got away, and Michael could either go to prison and Brad would be dead, or Michael could get a new life for him and his family and Brad would be dead.

Untitled-2.gif