GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Locate a Boat / Helicopter / Car / Plane

Crunch McThornbody

Crunch McThornbody

Does anyone actually call Lester to locate one of those?

I tried it once with the Car option, despite the fact I was in the middle of the city and SURROUNDED by cars to steal he directed me to the center of the race track where the tank spawns.

The 'car' he located for me turned out to be an ATV... WTF?!

the locate feature just locates a vehicle in an already existing vehicle spawn location and puts a blue dot on your map

Soran Is On

I Use the helicopter, plane location for missions only. Even that's useless if u own peg vehicles.

So no.

I don't think Lester has an option to "locate submarine". Care to share what chu talkin bout?

Edited by stonedpimpso

I have always wondered why this was put into the game. I was initially hoping you could get him to track down certain models of cars. Find me a Baller to sell or a rarish car to mod and kee. But no its random. I asked for one once. It was a limo. Never again.

"Hey lester. i need a fast car"
Lester- sure
*you pay cash*
*arrives at location*
its an emperor

• Like 4

Crunch McThornbody

I have always wondered why this was put into the game. I was initially hoping you could get him to track down certain models of cars. Find me a Baller to sell or a rarish car to mod and kee. But no its random. I asked for one once. It was a limo. Never again.

That's exactly the reason I used the Locate a Car option, I thought he could find a specific car for me but no, he directed me to one of the most pointless vehicles to use in the city, and I got an instant wanted level when I blew the crappy thing up.

Fail_At_GTA

I never bothered with any of the options because I always have a car, I don't use boats, and I can just go to the nearest airfield and get a helicopter/plane anyway.

Anyone remembers that Jackass episode/movie where Johnny Knoxville rents a car and destroys it in a demo derby and brings it back to the dealer all messed up? I call Lester and take to Mt.Chiliad and down again. I then bring it back to its original spot (you get 24 hours in-game with it, use it longer and cops come after you or something like that, I don't use it much to know). While it's not a Lester thing, calling a dump truck from Pegasus and getting it spawned in the race track is a bitch as you can't get it out without a Cargobob.

Crunch McThornbody

While it's not a Lester thing, calling a dump truck from Pegasus and getting it spawned in the race track is a bitch as you can't get it out without a Cargobob.

That one's easy, start driving towards the tunnel but veer off right and through the 'puddle' and over the fences:

2cwv3mq.jpg

Hit the fences square on to avoid getting stuck.

Killzone3265

you can drive through the opening between the two buildings, and make a right to exit from the parking lot

takes like 30 seconds

• Like 1

gorskiegangsta

The "locate car" option is the most useless one because you could just as easily call your mechanic and have a better (hopefully) one delivered to you for free. Locate boat/helicopter has some use if you're unfamiliar with the area, but I noticed that most of the time he locates helicopters on farther helipads than the one you're closest to, so that almost defeats the purpose.

I was wondering the same thing. I tried it myself, called Lester for a car. He gives me a f*cking limo? What a joke, I then purposely abandon it to see what happens & sure enough, instant 2 stars! Lameeee...

I like to think its a feature for the new starters that only have one vehicle and no property... once your vehicle is impounded or destroyed its probably not that useless a feature.

I totally forgot about this and have never used it :lol: Except for bounty avoidance I'm not sure of its purpose, it's not like finding wheels is difficult. Finding boats might be useful were there some use in going out to sea. If I get shot down or hit the world wall are the only reasons I ever find myself more than a little ways offshore and then I just call MW. Since I have not used it myself I am guessing that it just spawns aircraft at the same locations it normally does making that feature redundant.

The "locate car" option is the most useless one because you could just as easily call your mechanic and have a better (hopefully) one delivered to you for free. Locate boat/helicopter has some use if you're unfamiliar with the area, but I noticed that most of the time he locates helicopters on farther helipads than the one you're closest to, so that almost defeats the purpose.

The "locate car" option has become useless since you own a garage or appartement, or because you have already bought everything with glitched money...

What if you don't have an appartement or garage yet, a new player for example? If he needs to find a boat, this comes in handy. Not everyone had the joy of getting millions gifted. ^^

The "locate car" option has become useless since you own a garage or appartement, or because you have already bought everything with glitched money...

What if you don't have an appartement or garage yet, a new player for example? If he needs to find a boat, this comes in handy. Not everyone had the joy of getting millions gifted. ^^

...You pretty much repeated what I already mentioned, don't you read the thread at all first?

I like to think its a feature for the new starters that only have one vehicle and no property... once your vehicle is impounded or destroyed its probably not that useless a feature.

CarimboHanky

when this feature was added i thought they would allow us to select what vehicle we wanted.

anyway i used this once, called lester and just like OP he send me to the race track where he had located a ATV.

first and last time i used that PoS feature.

Alec Skorpio

I used locate car when I first got it, realized it was useless as he just gives you a random car.

Then during High Priority Case, I wanted to locate a helicopter since I didn't own one. Either the option wasn't available or he wouldn't pick up. I just remember I wasn't able to get a helicopter the one time I ****ing needed one.

Thank god for Billionaire December, now I have all the helicopters I could ever want.

LightningLord

Lester: "What do you need my friend?"

Me: "Lester! I needs a car!"

Lester: "Sure. It's at the race track."

It's an ATV.

THAT'S NOT A CAR!

IcOqQpq.gif

A Maned Wolf

Way back at launch, calling Lester for a helicopter was key to grinding out Trash Talk and Mix Up With Coke, especially if you were too low of a rank to purchase a Buzzard.

Its pretty much useless now.

Jolly Swagman

Beach bum pack killed any use the locate a boat thing anyway because the speeder is free from dock tease with that.

Well, I just tried it for the first time. Didn't turn out too bad I'd say.

0_0.jpg

Edited by JiNX77

As some above have said, I tried it once. Got directed to an ATV. Then forgot about it and got a wanted level for leaving it in Sandy Shores. Never again

Yeah. Lester has a twisted sense of humor. He sent me to the ATV at the racetrack twice. It was so far away that I had to steal a car to go get it.

He was probably laughing his ass off.

Edited by Darth_Rob

I called Lester in the middle of a gun fight for one. Yes, it was a godsend that it was nearby. No, it wasn't useful, it was a freakin' Blazer. Hasn't been used since.