GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

THE FUTURE OF GTA V

badguy836

My brilliant idea is to associate social club with the radio on gta v online. People will be able to download the music from their iphone onto the ifruit app via iTunes. A custom station will replace an unwanted station on gta 5 online. The music is getting older, and nothing is better than jamming out with your fellow friends online, through the radio. This should cost money, just so a profit will be made from this investment. PLEASE REPLY WHAT STATION SHOULD BE REPLACED WITH YOUR CUSTOM IPHONE/IPOD MUSIC, AND HOW MUCH IT SHOULD COST. you heard it here first. message me on xbox for anything you need GT: badguy836

Edited by badguy836

xRoyalFlush

Would love it immensely, but Apple and R* together?

Letting me put a usb stick into my xbox and letting the radio station play off the Mp3 music in that would be a much better idea, don't you think?

• Like 2

BondageKitty

Very short sighted future in that case. Personalized station from USB or Hard drive would be a much better alternative.

Edit: You just made it sound worse.

Edited by BondageKitty

yCNdzif.gif1029527.pngsYr3sqP.gif

Quinn_flower

How about in game music.....looking at you sony.

Not going to happen.
The lag is already present enough, having to stream your music for others and vice-versa is going to be a bitch...

6IBTBOM.png

Xyn - very understandable. the solution would be that everyone hears their own music and not their friends, as that would cause lags

CheaterMcCheat

If nobody else can hear it, it is no different to having radio off and just playing the music on whatever device the music is on in real life.

good idea but rockstar is too retarded to implement it.

Edited by Unknown_33

CheaterMcCheat - your right. how about on the interaction menu, the player can choose who can hear their music. friends and crew, or no one. only crew members and friends can hear the music they downloaded from the ifruit app

Xyn - very understandable. the solution would be that everyone hears their own music and not their friends, as that would cause lags

Yeah, that could work...but it's kinda moot at that point then.

6IBTBOM.png

CarimboHanky

i dont think thats the future...

anyway we already have some sort of custom radio station in the form of annoying people that insist in playing music through their mics!

CarimboHanky - I know people play music but that is very annoying as you said, and I spend most my time in a party with my crew so I think this would be a great addition for crew members or friends only to listen to

KornbreadMaf1a

While this is a good idea it will never happen because of licensing issues. Its one thing if you play your own music but as soon as somebody else has access to your music then R* would have to pay for every song that is streamed over GTA and the cost for that would be outrageous.

BondageKitty

"You tell me what you want, and I will carefully explain to you why it cannot be"

This is a terrible idea, at least in the way OP explains it. But the point, Costumised music, is the important part.

To begin, a deal between Apple (of all companies, why Apple?) and Rockstar/Take 2 just for this seems like a worthless invesment. (Little anology I like to shove in for no reason, Apple is to innovation like an anchor is to a boat)

Steaming would cause lag. Even if not shared between players, it would cause strain on the server and on every player using the steam. Imagine 16 players streaming on a server that can disconnects often as it is at the moment.

Bleh, had other reasons but I am sleepy so will return to my other point.

Allow a station that plays music from an USB or Hard Drive. You know? The way it was in GTA: San Andreas and GTA IV? No strain on connection. Problem here would be maybe licencing crap if that even is possible and that other players wouldn't be able to hear. Good enough sacrifice would be that if set to personal music, other players would hear no radio. In GTA IV they got away with it because radios werent synced. Here they could just turn it off for passangers.

yCNdzif.gif1029527.pngsYr3sqP.gif

KornbreadMaf1a - licensing issues won't be a problem it they partner up with shazam, spotify, or itunes. you gotta understand gta is a billion dollar industry and any other company would jump at the opportunity to be advertised on it

BondageKitty - rockstar a servers are state of the art. there are billions of people playing it around the globe everyday. a simple music stream wouldn't lag a server that has a capacity of 5 MacBook airs. and that's ONE server, one game. Changing your license plate from ifruit is almost the same thing as what I'm trying to do. customize something within your car, so others can admire it. your friends at least.

When I saw the thread title, "THE FUTURE OF GTAV," my instant thought was "tanks." Just like cockroaches will be last surviving species on earth, the end of GTA Online will be nothing but empty lobbies with one twanker driving around endlessly, looking for a soft target to kill. :dontgetit: