GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

TANKS? a neutral opinion and recommended improvement

Soul Technology

tank change?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. do you think the tank should be changed in this or similar way?

• yes, i think the tank should be changed in this or a similar way.
    • sorta, i think the tank needs a balance, but this isn't it.
    • no, i am completely fine with the tank the way it is.

Soul Technology

i hear loads of complaints about allot of things in forums, so, ive decided to think as neutral as i humanly can.

so, without complaining or praising tanks... i see them used by 3 kinds of people

- people rockstar classes as bad sports

- groups/gangs/and cland

- people stuck in heavy pvp combat (normally already involving tanks)

so, considering bad sports and some situations of PVP are frowned on by R* but are still a known playstyle (as shown by the bad sport system) so, really, tanks are supposed to be a rich mans answer to showing a clans dominations of an area, as well as a answer to getting an advantage in pvp.

so, for the PVP advantage, most people who like the street combat think tanks are overpowered, and who gets killed by a tank either complains are gets there won, turning the streets into a vehicle deathmatch. leaving to methods, smart tactics, or clever counters for the tank other then either running away (which doesn't always work), getting your own tanks (which doesn't always work). passive mode doesn't even save you,as tanks can still run you over with the tank of the barrel of the gun. you could stand on something, it will have to be higher then the gun but you can, but then whats the point of standing there for minutes and minutes when you'd rather leave. now, i don't think the tank should be removed, just updated, or changed to allow more options to taking it out.

the solution, i think we should look at the other acceptable group that uses tanks, organised groups of people. these "clans" like to say teamwork is key, and controlling the map id most clans goal, especially some of the clans supported by rockstar on the news page of the social club, are all highly competitive, organised, teamworking, map controlling gangs... so, why not use the tank, the pinnacle of a TEAMS work as a tool for this, and update it to suit, as well as "balance (as some people like to put it)" the tank at the same time.

what to change? there are many levels at which this could be taken, but all remain the same. no reworking of the tank will have to be made, just some simple stats and seat... so, to fix the tank, i think GTA should follow what almost every other game has done with the tank.

- make it take more seats: the tank should have a driver, and a gunner at minimal, maybe make the gunner also able to operate the machine gun on top to make him more useful. this way a player can still use the tank solo, but they will have to use it like a turret, and it will take a TEAM to fully operate it, showing true co-work wand team effort when in a clan, or just with friends.

- edit the damage models of the tank: in every other game, tanks take more damage form the back right? and even in gta, cars take more damage from certain places (ie: engine, or gas tank) well. the tank should to. but it shouldn't be weakened from this.... gta uses physics allowing parts to fall off vehicle right? so leave the damage the same, just make it so the back of the rake has a 'fence' or 'bumper' that will foll off with a rocket or to (or a jet smashing into it form any side)... and then the back will count as a gas tank, but a bulletproof one, meaning someone will have to shoot the back with a rocket or grenade (while not getting blown up by the tank, or have it move due to explosives sower velocity) to blow up the tank. these damage models will mean the tank driver will have to actually have some basic knowledge of the vehicle before driving it, as not to allow the enemy a chance to blow it up (its not really that hard to keep your front toward the enemy, especially if your working with a large organised group)

- change the main guns (the big cannon) rate of fire to about half, so its more of a tank gun the an IFV. as well as lower its maximum height it can aim so it cannot shoot down jets like there nothing , i understand the high rate of fire and the aim is to counter infantry, and people on buildings, but i have a balance for that)

- enable the 50.cal on top, it can be exactly the same as a fully upgraded (without silencer) combat MG. it will aim at whatever the main gun is aiming, but as a separate turret (unless it has 3 seats instead of 2). the machine gun will fire as a separate weapon (the tank gunner if only 2 seats will have to use a weapon wheel to select it (as hes not driving anymore). this means the ridicule should be able to aim higher than it currently can, but only the machine gun will follow it all the way, the main cannot will stop lower then it can currently aim.

if this change is applied, the tank will relatively stay at the same level of effectiveness and still be worth every penny, but it will take more teamwork for clans, to truly show if there organised,a s well as give people more tactical options to counter it.

the FACTS that prove propels theorys on why tanks are overpowered

look, in theory you think so, but unless your fighting complete idiots, tanks can shoot as high as a AA battery with a rate of fire making ti produces a nice flack field... so jets gotta fire from outside rendering distance, which decreases accuracy... or a jet can fire from straight above, which would mean youd have less time to fire... and even in a controlled situation, the machine guns AND rockets take forever to blow up a tank, making it take forever if your fire is limited and not in a controlled situation, the tanks you were fighting must have forgot they can look up (or just watched shawn of the dead)

as for miniguns.... really.... even if the tank isn't moving and shooting at you.... it takes almost half of max ammunition to destroy a full health tank, and the miniguns bullets stop after 200ft, which is about a split second for a jet to travel, so i don't see howd you killed a jet unless the pilot was an idot as well (been there, done that)

and for those who want anti tank weapons... well..... we do have anti tank weapons (sticky bombs, RPGs, heavy snipers if you shoot week spots) its just that the tank damage model is so screwed up you cant kill it efficiently, or before it kills you or gets out of range.

as for cost effectiveness, balanced, and/or effective ways to kill the tank..... the tank can be called in at a nearby location and picked up with little to no resistance.... while the jet is in a specific location and you gotta somewhat fight for it... and takes skill to grab and use, the tank takes no skill to use and acquire.... and the minigun is at lvl 120, the tanks at lvl 70 (even the rocket launcher is a higher level then tank) even though these weapons don't do anything to the tank unless its idle

so if you think about it, there is no practical way to kill the tank... even if you think about the 7 mill it costs to get it rather then the reality of 200 per tank.... it will ALWAYS cost more to kill the tank then it does to get it, require more skill to kill it then to drive it... and take more time to kill it then it takes to get one... that, in all definitions, and in all games this term has been used in.... the tank is overpowered

EVIDANCE:

its the same on all consoles

WITHOUT MISSING OR GETTING KILLED BY THE TANK....

- front of tank with rpg (15 rockets/ 45 seconds/ 8000 dollars)

- back of tank with rpg ( 8 rockets/ 24 seconds/ 4000 dollars)

- front of tank with grenade launcher (15 grenades/ 18 seconds/ 5000 dollars) (helicopter blowing up added damage of 1 grenade)

- back of tank with grenade launcher ( 8 grenades/ seconds/ 5000 dollars)

- sticky bombs to front of tank ( 13 bombs/ over 13 seconds/ 6864 dollars)

- sticky bombs to back of tank ( 8 bombs/ over 8 seconds/ 4224 dollars)

- front of tank with jet ( ??? rounds with ought missing even 1/ 6 seconds/ lots of effort in an impossible combat situation)

- back of tank with jet ( ??? rounds with ought missing even 1/ 4 seconds/ lots of effort in an impossible combat situation)

- tank shooting tank in front ( 8 rounds/ 16 seconds + pickup time/ 7,000,000 + 200 dollars)

- tank shooting tank in back ( 4 rounds/ 8 seconds + pickup time/ 7,000,000 + 200 dollars)

- minigun to back of tank ( 2000 rounds/ 40 seconds/ dollars) (based of statistics, to front of tank will take est: 5000 rounds/ 1.5 minuts/ dollars)

these are calculations off of ammunition taken, reload times, rate of fire, and ammo costs

Edited by Soul Technology

Cool ideas bro, they would definitely help balance things out a bit, but I still feel more anti-tank measures should be available.

I think making it so it has to/should be operated by multiple people would be really cool.

Why u no capitalize!?!?

Edited by I3AZZAI2

Soul Technology

Please, use the search function.

Please, use the search function.

i did, and i have not been able to find any other thread similar to this about tanks, and recommended changes, only threads about people complaining about tanks and spewing out ideas with little detail. is you'd like to improve this thread and have this as an idea, you should link this page to threads 'you think' are similar, and maybe tell your friends, as well as vote for the tank change so this might get R* attention.

Pizza_Is_Emo

Honestly the best defense against a tank is a jet. I took out 9 tanks yesterday in 1 lobby.

ninjaontour

Honestly the best defense against a tank is a jet. I took out 9 tanks yesterday in 1 lobby.

ZOMGZ SO 1337

It's as easy to own a tank in a Lazer as it is to own a car in a tank. Not hard to get the kill when your prey can't shoot back.

AceThaCreator

ZOMGZ SO 1337

It's as easy to own a tank in a Lazer as it is to own a car in a tank. Not hard to get the kill when your prey can't shoot back.

A minigun OWNS ALL of the above

Soul Technology

ZOMGZ SO 1337

A minigun OWNS ALL of the above

look, in theory you think so, but unless your fighting complete idiots, tanks can shoot as high as a AA battery with a rate of fire making ti produces a nice flack field... so jets gotta fire from outside rendering distance, which decreases accuracy... or a jet can fire from straight above, which would mean youd have less time to fire... and even in a controlled situation, the machine guns AND rockets take forever to blow up a tank, making it take forever if your fire is limited and not in a controlled situation, the tanks you were fighting must have forgot they can look up (or just watched shawn of the dead)

as for miniguns.... really.... even if the tank isn't moving and shooting at you.... it takes almost half of max ammunition to destroy a full health tank, and the miniguns bullets stop after 200ft, which is about a split second for a jet to travel, so i don't see howd you killed a jet unless the pilot was an idot as well (been there, done that)

and for those who want anti tank weapons... well..... we do have anti tank weapons (sticky bombs, RPGs, heavy snipers if you shoot week spots) its just that the tank damage model is so screwed up you cant kill it efficiently, or before it kills you or gets out of range.

as for cost effectiveness, balanced, and/or effective ways to kill the tank..... the tank can be called in at a nearby location and picked up with little to no resistance.... while the jet is in a specific location and you gotta somewhat fight for it... and takes skill to grab and use, the tank takes no skill to use and acquire.... and the minigun is at lvl 120, the tanks at lvl 70 (even the rocket launcher is a higher level then tank) even though these weapons don't do anything to the tank unless its idle

so if you think about it, there is no practical way to kill the tank... even if you think about the 7 mill it costs to get it rather then the reality of 200 per tank.... it will ALWAYS cost more to kill the tank then it does to get it, require more skill to kill it then to drive it... and take more time to kill it then it takes to get one... that, in all definitions, and in all games this term has been used in.... the tank is overpowered