GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Why do people do this!?

NoSignal_

Sometimes I will get invited to something like a race or a mission through the in-game phone by players, but when I join a couple of seconds later they kick me, why is this? I mean sometimes there even my crew members, do R* have it set to automatically invite players when you start a job or something? Even if you don't hit the auto-invite and play?

They either invite the current lobby and/or skilled matched players so they can get people in.
It may be due to your level or you have an offensive gamertag like "Willie Stroker" and the host hates his uncle.

• Like 1

Sometimes I will get invited to something like a race or a mission through the in-game phone by players, but when I join a couple of seconds later they kick me, why is this? I mean sometimes there even my crew members, do R* have it set to automatically invite players when you start a job or something? Even if you don't hit the auto-invite and play?

I wonder this myself. Happens to me all the time as well.

its safer to kick a randy than wait for him/her to grief the mission/race.

that or they were inviting everyone because its faster to invite a friend that way.

RussianCommie

It's either your rank, you were put into a public job lobby but the host is only hosting the job for members of his/her crew so he/she kicks out anyone who does not have the needed crew tag, or such. As for your crew members also doing this to you, that is some crew to be a part of that kicks out members from jobs.

5eIYidF.gif

Lance_Vance89

I've played with hosts that kick players when they have ranks over 300.

The only times this happened to me is when I join random races full of low levels. ''Whoa!!! this guy is level 136, he's gonna beat the crap out of us with his custom car!!!! Let's kick him out!

If only some people were aware that you can set custom vehicule to off to set things equal for everyone! :panic:

Edited by ultim84

I think it often happens when the host invites more people than the race or mission allows and the overflow gets kicked, or they just start the mission before you've completely joined.

Don't take it personally. It'll just give you ulcers.