GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Changing bounty hunting/escaping

lozzy1234567890

Changing bounty hunting/escaping  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this is a good idea?

• Aye
    • Nay
    • No vote

lozzy1234567890

We've all been there, stealing a car only to get a 9000 bounty put onto you, which results in the whole lobby chasing after you.

I think it would be better if that when you get a bounty placed onto you, both NPC and player, that you then disappear from the radar and can only be seen if someone calls lester and select a new option called "reveal bounties" but only that player will be able to see you, for a short period of time, say 2-3 minutes.

This would make bounties actually require some effort, rather than some douche chasing you all over the map in a super, sticky bombing you to hell when they catch up, they would have to plan on how to get close to the bounty, as the bounty would still be able to see all players at all times and thus can duck into an alley to hide if an opposing player is getting close but is not using the option to see bounties.

I think this would also encourage not to just camp in your apt, or go to a defensible position like inside the building at the airport, it would encourage the player to still play normally, but just a bit more cautiously and maybe, just maybe stop them immediately going for a tank.

You will still be able to know if there are bounties in the room, from the messages you see in the bottom left corner, or even perhaps the new option works in 2 steps, first is to know if there are bounties in the room which would be free to use, and then pay for the second option which is to reveal them.

EDIT: I like the chase, and the escape as much as anyone could, but sometimes I want a challenge, I want to actually work for it, plan on how to kill, whether its a bomb, or picking the bounty off from several blocks away. sometimes I want to be getting chased, but then turn my lights off ( at night) and hide in an alley out of sight, like a proper escape, with them driving past not knowing I am there without having to resort to hiding my blip only for a minute, and then get the whole lobby after me again with a big cool down on my next minute to hide.

EDIT: As for crews/friend putting bounties onto each other to make themselves invisible on radar, it can be so that you cant put a bounty on a friend or a crew.

EDIT: from the posts it seems people are not a fan of the being off radar thing, but perhaps make it, so that every minute there is a "last known sighting" like a delayed radar blip?

Yay or nay?

Edited by lozzy1234567890

I voted No. Bounty hunting/escaping is one of my favorite activities and one of the most entertaining aspects of Freemode for me.

nay

all that would mean is the player with the bounty on his head more times than not can outlast teh 48 minutes and gets to keep the money. The camping will be unreal

praz94.png

No simply because I like the challenge of escaping when everyone on the map can see I have a bounty.

lozzy1234567890

But the way it is now, is unfair to the bounty, everyone knows where you are, how many times have you ended up fending off a lot of hunters only to get 1 shotted by fluke by a low level rank who doesnt really know what he's doing other than know where you are? Being invisible would encourage camping anymore than it is now, it would let them move about, even get past players in plain sight if your vehicle doesn't stand out, and carry on with the game as normal.

You shouldn't always be able to know where they are at all times.

Quite frankly, I don't prefer your idea over the bounty system currently in place.

SurfaceNoise

So as someone who has a bounty I can make use of me being invisible on the radar and pick kills easily. Sounds very fair.

Black Rabbit

Just because a low level players kills you doesn't mean it's a fluke. It's frustrating how awesome and unkillable people on these forums say there are.

It's just a bounty. Why are there so many complainers about it? It's easily the most fun aspect of freeroam. So what if players hunt and kill you...what does it hurt? Your completely pointless k/d ratio? Well, no, if everyone is as amazingly awesome at killing the hunters as OP, then your meaningless K/D would go up. They blow up your car and you need to pay insurance? Big deal...like $12K max and you're stupid to be driving around a car with a high insurance premium if you've got a bounty anyway.

Babies be babies. Don't change bounty system.

Edited by Black Rabbit
  • Like 3

But the way it is now, is unfair to the bounty, everyone knows where you are, how many times have you ended up fending off a lot of hunters only to get 1 shotted by fluke by a low level rank who doesnt really know what he's doing other than know where you are? Being invisible would encourage camping anymore than it is now, it would let them move about, even get past players in plain sight if your vehicle doesn't stand out, and carry on with the game as normal.

You shouldn't always be able to know where they are at all times.

everyone can know where you at all times now unless they call lester for a minute. Escaping bounties is easy if you're a decent driver and now the streets. The way you want it they might as well let people sit in the apartment for 48min. again.

nmrgoodnightn

Wait wouldn't people WANT to get a bounty cause you would go off the radar then u can kill anyone and they wont know where u are. Crews would put bounties on each other then kill people off the radar. Terrible terrible, terrible.

• Like 1

A terrible idea all round. Truly.

Getting a bounty on your head would give you a massive advantage as you would become invisible - you could wantonly kill players who are minding their own business and aren't even interested in the bounty.

No. Evading bounties is great fun, the first thing I do when online alone is try and get one on me and get a chase on . A compromise for you OP would be to get rid of the red blip instead of become invisible, but I don't think I'd want that either tbh.

But.. Z wouldn't this mean you'd have to call Lester every so often to chech if there's a bounty? There could be one , there may not be. You wouldn't ever know if there's a bounty on someone ..

Lol, OP only has one yes vote so far, prob by himself. No, no way, I like the system in place I like to see how long I can fend people off and how many I can kill. I rarely end up surviving the bounties in the long run, but I get satisfaction in getting 10+ kills before someone can get me. And not inside buildings or stupid wall breaches. One guy kept coming after me for a $1k bounty and I killed him 12 times before he finally got me. Overall he was -$5k for his effort due to hospital bills

lozzy1234567890

Just because a low level players kills you doesn't mean it's a fluke. It's frustrating how awesome and unkillable people on these forums say there are.

It's just a bounty. Why are there so many complainers about it? It's easily the most fun aspect of freeroam. So what if players hunt and kill you...what does it hurt? Your completely pointless k/d ratio? Well, no, if everyone is as amazingly awesome at killing the hunters as OP, then your meaningless K/D would go up. They blow up your car and you need to pay insurance? Big deal...like $12K max and you're stupid to be driving around a car with a high insurance premium if you've got a bounty anyway.

Babies be babies. Don't change bounty system.

Most of the time it is, say you are making a stand currently against 3 players, who all manage to hurt you, but you manage to kill them all, only to end up with a level 20 or less person arriving late to the party and killing you in one shot. The only currently complaints I have about the bounty system now is the glitchers who hide in a wall, the people who go for a jet or a tank, and the people who hide in the apartments, and as for being the bounty, the fact everyone knows where you are all the time.

I dont particularly care about my K\D ratio, nor did I mention it, so don't throw that into my face as if I have the mentality of a COD kid (though I do play COD, again I dont care about my K\D ratio). I also didnt say I was amazingly awesome at killing hunters, sure most of the time, I easily hold my own because I play smart but there are times when I get instantly killed, not by fluke.

I also didn't mention anything about having to pay costs for the insurance when the car gets blown up while having a bounty, but that is a problem that needs addressing anyway, but again not part of my point, and most of my bounties are from jacking NPC cars, so I most of the time, I don't drive my PV and If I do, its a cheap one, so no I am not "stupid" as you so eloquently put it.

What is with the "babies be babies" implied insult? Why are you riddling your post with thinly veiled insults? If you don't like something, doesnt mean you need to insult the person who came up with it, no-one else is trying to insult me.

I like the chase, and the escape as much as anyone could, but sometimes I want a challenge, I want to actually work for it, plan on how to kill, whether its a bomb, or picking the bounty off from several blocks away. sometimes I want to be getting chased, but then turn my lights off ( at night) and hide in an alley out of sight, like a proper escape, with them driving past not knowing I am there without having to resort to hiding my blip only for a minute, and then get the whole lobby after me again with a big cool down on my next minute to hide.

Rickriem, I havent even voted XD

Edited by lozzy1234567890

No, I prefer the current way.

I have so much fun finding ways to escape people, because they always give a epic chase. I rarely even shoot back unless there is multiple people or two in a car.

I once had some dude chase me from the Airport to Raton Canyon where my car crashed into the water and I desperately swam away. He finally caught up and slowly walked to me and shot me in the head. It was awesome.

Being off the map all the time would take away the small enjoyment I get from this game. I imagine people would use that to kill everyone, too.

lozzy1234567890

But.. Z wouldn't this mean you'd have to call Lester every so often to chech if there's a bounty? There could be one , there may not be. You wouldn't ever know if there's a bounty on someone ..

You'd still get the message in the bottom left corner when it says a bounty has been placed on someone.

No. Hell no. 2-3 minutes? You'd be calling Mo all the time. Maybe if it revealed them for the duration of their bounty or until you leave the session, but 2-3 minutes? That's not well thought out.

Also, like others have said, being on the hunt or being hunted is one of the best parts of bounties. Well.... for those who aren't bitch made anyway :/.

Black Rabbit

You say you want more of a challenge yet your idea will make it so nobody ever even bothers to go after a bounty.

The "you" and "you're" in my post were directed at people who complain about being hunted for their bounties, not directly at you.

You'd still get the message in the bottom left corner when it says a bounty has been placed on someone.

and you're still be invisible. That's OP AF!!!

Edited by Kachii

Don't fix what isn't broken.

Besides if you want to be hidden, with a bounty on your head, call Lester. This will give you 60 seconds to put some distance between you and your attackers.

It's even easier these days with Lester's ability to keep you hidden from the police for 3 minutes, getting into the AB (Zancudo) is much easier, and if you're skilful enough you won't even need to worry about dogfighters/ chasers etc.

Fail_At_GTA

This would be abused beyond belief. I could just swap bounties with a friend and go off radar killing. Besides that obvious and massive flaw, the idea just isn't great at all in the first place.

but when you pop u in free mode after a job you might think the lobby is empty... But it has 3 bounties In it... I can just see cluster f*cking everywhere. Too many. Loose ends